Off Air Antenna Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2deaconblues

Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
Alabama
Hello, I'm glad to find this forum as I am just entering the satellite world. I have the DirecTV DVR box and two standard receivers. I live in the 36830 zip code and I'm looking for the easiest way to get local networks.

I'm wondering how the off-air antennas work. Do they connect straight into my box or do I still need a digital converter box? I do not have digital capable TVs, or HD, by the way.

They no longer connect directly into the DTV Receivers; You need to purchase whats called an AM-21 from DTV ($50) but you can usually wiggle them down a bit depending on your payment history & length of service. You can also purchase these boxes from our sponsors. The AM-21 connects into the DTV receiver & incorporates the shows into the guide for recording. Depending on how your antenna's are set up you can even enter multiple locations if you can receive other cities locals OTA & they too get incorporated into the guide & all can be recorded.

Thanks for the response. From searching the forum, there seems to be some question as to whether or not the AM-21 works with the non HD DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)