OFF-AIR Antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ely

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Miami, FL
Hi guys, the installer came today and installed an HR24-500 DVR, however once he was ready to install the device he tells me that this device does not have an OFF-Antenna input (Which I very clearly told the rep. on the phone that I needed when ordering) so now I cant integrate the over the air channels on the DirecTV guide, what are my options? has DirecTV discontinued OFF-AIR input on all new receivers or they still have some that do?

I remember a while ago, they used to have a device specifically designed to get the over the air channels and this device that looked like a very thin HD Receiver would then connect to your DVR or regular receiver etc, are these still in production? what' their model number?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help, I'll call DirecTV see if they send me one, otherwise I'll order one of these.

Stonecold thanks, how can I order of the AM21Ns? are they already available?

log into your account and under equipment then accessories you can order it from Directv

In MY case, tehy would not allow me to order it from them as long as they had my locals available on the Sat system.

Which I think is a crock of you know what, but thats OK, if they don't want the money, I'll buy elsewhere.

seriously? I went on and ordered mine with no issues this past summer
D* has almost all my locals in HD yet I could still order it

seriously? I went on and ordered mine with no issues this past summer
D* has almost all my locals in HD yet I could still order it

Thats what they told me, they said it wasn't in thier database for me to order because they were available thru D*.

So, I called Solid Signal and had them the next day, they are only about 60 miles away.

Last summer, CSR did not know anything about an OTA tuner. Stonecold told me what to order. DUH. Then they had it. It cost me $50.
I wish I would have ordered 2 units.

Last summer, CSR did not know anything about an OTA tuner. Stonecold told me what to order. DUH. Then they had it. It cost me $50.
I wish I would have ordered 2 units.

StoneCold and I discussed this as well and they STILL coulnd'nt find it in their system.

click on equipment
there is an "accessories" tab
only option it shows for me is AM21 off air tuner for $50

DirecTV has them in stock. I ordered one last night, and the website says it has shipped already.

gcd0865 said:
DirecTV has them in stock. I ordered one last night, and the website says it has shipped already.

What did it cost you ?
Just curious...
Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I just run the cable from my OTA antenna to the F connector ( antenna input ) on my HDTV. No muss, no fuss. And it is a great addition when I have rain fade. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)