"OFF AIR" on Cinema-10 (calibration tables???)

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Every once in a while I see "OFF AIR" or "SIGN OFF" in the program guide on select VOOM channels. For example, tomorrow morning this will be on Cinema-8 and Cinema-10 till 7 AM. I wonder if they are broadcasting calibration tables during those hours? Did anyone have a chance to look at that? What kind of tables are they showing, if any?

I know Cinemax broadcasts calibration tables from time to time. Even though they are not HD, still very helpful for color adjustments. I wonder if VOOM does the same on its exclusive HD channels? Would be nice!

Again, if someone saw any calibration tables on VOOM exclusive channels, please describe them in details. Thank you.

I noticed here in Houston the Cinemax 101 last night around 1 or 2 am said in the PG that it was OFF Air...I would like to see a test screen for the HD channels that would help us adjust or tv sets....They could air this at a time that everyone could make some kind time or day of the week....Good ideal by the way!!!!....I have a Sony 57" KP57WS500 and I use the remote that has Vivid, Standard, Movie, and Pro to adjust my set....When they were using the 720p afew weeks ago I liked the darker more vivid picture so I used my Vivid mode to adjust the color of the HD and it looks super. I know this is not the best but it works ok for me...I do have the Avia dvd and DE dvd but have not used them since Jan 04....Do you use the DE or Avia dvd to adjust your set? Ilya I have liked your comments and sugessions that you have given us..Keep up the great work...Could you comment on the above statement about the avia or de dvd...Thanks Bob HD=Voom

I don't have a D-VHS player so this would be the only way I could calibrate the 1080i settings in my TV. For now I calibrate with DVE at 480p and compromise with the 1080i picture. Please, if anyone has even heard of this let us know.

I do have a Dreamx Dvd player that is 1080i component that I could use to adjust the 1080 i on my set....Thanks for the ideal ....wasch24....I'll try that with my DE dvd and let you know the results.....HD=VOOM

The test pattern I saw CinemaxHD West last month, had pretty much the same color pattern, as on DVE. So, I think, the same color filters and the same calibration techniques could be used...

Ilya said:
The test pattern I saw CinemaxHD West last month, had pretty much the same color pattern, as on DVE. So, I think, the same color filters and the same calibration techniques could be used...
Yeah, it's just that I can't adjust my 1080i settings on the TV unless the source is 1080i.

wasch_24 said:
Yeah, it's just that I can't adjust my 1080i settings on the TV unless the source is 1080i.
May be I am missing something... The test pattern on CinemaxHD is upconverted to 1080i, so your TV should be getting it as a 1080i signal via DVI or component...

So, anyone had a chance to look at those "OFF AIR" channels this morning? There will be some more of those tomorrow.

If any of you guys get HDNET, they put out a HD test pattern every Tuesday morning at 8 am Eastern.

If you follow the instructions for a factory reset to get to the "hidden menu" by pressing 988, there are 2 options on the same menu.

One is HD video and audio test, the other is SD audio and video test. You can use either of these options to tune your set, the patterns are different.

I love playing around in a nex box's menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)