having more than one off air antenna?

jleismer

Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Is it possible to have more than one off air antenna with my VOOM ? and if so how do I go about doing ? I have the winegard sensor antenna and I want to add another . I live 40 miles from Cincinnati and 60 miles from Indianapolis and I want to get both locals so I thought I would add a Radio shack UHF 75 antenna. I just need to know how to go about combinning the two when My diplexer only has one input for antenna and two for sat??? :confused:

I would not recommend a Radio Shack antenna... get a Winegard or a Channel Master... and appropriate amplifier for which ever you get... the reason I don't recommend Radio Shack is not because of the antenna, but because their amplifiers are no good...

I have a large Winegard and a Radio Shack UHF-Only antenna arrayed together. Works well. I use a splitter/combiner to join the two feeds into a single down-line to the house. By the way, they're in the attic too.

I have 2 antennas but only get the PG for the ones Voom has me mapped for.
Shame on you Voom!

OTA features I would like to see in next update...

I receive programming from 3 DMAs. In the next firmware release, I would like to:

a. Manually configure (add) multiple DMAs...and save them too.
b. Manually tune a channel regardless of signal strength/quality.

:up

riffjim4069 said:
I receive programming from 3 DMAs. In the next firmware release, I would like to:

a. Manually configure (add) multiple DMAs...and save them too.
b. Manually tune a channel regardless of signal strength/quality.

:up

Now we know what the phone line is for... the only way we could manually configure mutiple DMA's to recieve program information would be with a two way hook-up of some kind... a.k.a. telephone or possibly a two way satellite link (very unlikely) such as Direcway...

rkr0923 said:
riffjim4069: and how did you do this?
RKR0923,

In a word, PAINFULLY...I suffered through a VooM OTA install. :p

Actually, I am using two antennas. The first antenna (the one I installed two years ago) is pointed toward Washington DC, 55 miles and Baltimore City, 90 miles to my North - same LOS...although the Baltimore stations typically only come in at night during March-November. I am using a Channel Master 4228 antenna with Channel Master 7775 UHF preamp.

The other antenna, same type as above, is pointed toward Richmond VA roughly 51 miles in the opposite direction. To be honest, I am waiting on my 7th (or it is 8th) attempt by VOOM to professionally install my antenna. I have been using a backup antenna/preamp that I have mounted on the deck, which it unreliable in its currently location - need height. The main reason for the 2nd antenna is to receive regional college and pro football games this fall. I didn't feel like messing with a rotator (too slow) so I am using a Radio Shack Remote A/B Switch to toggle between the two. Anyway, there is a picture of setup at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=153846&postcount=176

Riff...<EOT>

What I meant is how did you get the PG for all those?
I have no problem getting my signals but can only get the PG for the ones Voom has me mapped for.

rkr0923 said:
What I meant is how did you get the PG for all those?
I have no problem getting my signals but can only get the PG for the ones Voom has me mapped for.
I can't, that's why I mentioned adding "Manually configure (add) multiple DMAs...and save them too" in the next firmware release.