More than one account from one dish

kjaslow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I live in a building with 3 condos in it. I recently had Voom installed and I'm pretty happy with it. I showed it to my neighbors, and one wants to give Voom a go, and the other doesn't. Unfortunately, the one who does NOT want to try it is the one who has the roof deck and would see the additional dish.

Will it be possible for the one neighbor who does want to use Voom to share my dish? I know that my dish can have two lines pulled from it, but I do intend to get the DVR when it comes out and I know that will require the second line. Is there a way to have 4 lines come out of a single dish so we can both have accounts coming off the one dish.

There is no issue about paying for separate accounts, or paying for more receivers. Right now, I'm just exploring whether it is technically possible for two of us to have separate accounts coming from one dish?

Thanks for your help.

I see no problem with what you propose. The LNB already has two separate outputs in case you would have two receivers. The LNB does not care where the receivers are nor will the receivers interfer or communicate with one another through the LNB. The PVR will be a seperate issue. May be able to accomplish the 3 outputs from one LNB with a multiswitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)