This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Off Air without DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bryan - MetroS&S

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
I have a DirecTV H20 that I want to use as an off-air receiver ONLY. I no longer want DirecTV service, but when setting up for off-air, it tries to connect to a satellite. Is there a way to use this receiver for off air without the DirecTV service?

I have a DirecTV H20 that I want to use as an off-air receiver ONLY. I no longer want DirecTV service, but when setting up for off-air, it tries to connect to a satellite. Is there a way to use this receiver for off air without the DirecTV service?

Nope. You are better off using the coupons and getting a free digital turner.

I have to echo and confirm gryd... I have tried too with an H20 that was left in a piece of rental prop. If it's not authorized via the satfeed, it's dead. I saw the digital boxes at Walmart this weekend BUT, the ones they have will NOT feed HD. There is only a composite video and stereo audio output. I believe one w/HD is gonna be more than 40 some bucks.

I will use my 2 old Voom receivers............

No, you will not, and I will not. Our voom boxes are starting to auto reboot when they go to, or pass by, a channel using certain multiplexors, to do several things - improve audio (ch 11-1, in Houston), or whatever reason they use them. Expect more and more stations to begin to use them. A lot of pbs are doing this, too. your only choice is to "hide" that ch! The stations are using equip. that meets the standard, but voom never did, nor can it be upgraded. I watch with ch11-1 hidden. I must pick another ota hd recvr. I am looking at samsung dtbh260f

Status
Please reply by conversation.