Offerred a 622, should I take it?

hiperco

Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
Upstate NY
I went to a chat session tonight asking about upgrade promotions to HD (I have a lowly 301 at the moment, and I am not (nor have ever been) under contract). After a while (and two CSR's) I was finally offered a no charge 622 if I commit to a 2 year deal. How does this deal rate? Should I try and hold out for a different receiver or some programming incentives to be added to sweeten the deal? (I actually wouldn't mind a second HD receiver if that was offered...)

Great device is the 622. If you are not thinking about changing providers, take it. Remember you will be prorated each month you are under your contract.

There have been other deals people have gotten like $10 off a month for a year. Might try to push for that as well.

it will be a refurb unit since they don't make them anymore. Most people have no issues with a refurb and if you do they will replace it for you most likely with a 722 or 722K.

Up, I agree. They will promise you a 622 but the odds are that the installer will show up with a 722 or 722k. If a 722k then throw a fit because you were promised a 622 with 'integrated' OTA tuner and the k doesn't have it. :rolleyes: They will then go to the truck and give you a free OTA k tuner module!

That's if you're lucky and they actually give you a k vs a 722 or unlucky and they have a refurbed (beat up) 622 laying around!

Up, I agree. They will promise you a 622 but the odds are that the installer will show up with a 722 or 722k. If a 722k then throw a fit because you were promised a 622 with 'integrated' OTA tuner and the k doesn't have it. :rolleyes: They will then go to the truck and give you a free OTA k tuner module!

That's if you're lucky and they actually give you a k vs a 722 or unlucky and they have a refurbed (beat up) 622 laying around!

Assuming they actually have a OTA module on their truck or even a 622 for that matter. You don't even know if that is necessary anyway. A lot of people don't even use an OTA. I took the free upgrade offer about 3 months ago and was upgraded to a 622, but ended up with a 722k instead. I also have a 612 with the module built in. No biggie, the 722 has a bigger hard drive anyway and better remotes. I'll be adding an OTA module here soon, but I'll just go ahead and pay the $30 instead of whining and crying.

As far as a beat up laying around 622 I don't know where you're getting your equipment. Even the refubs I've seen come in a sealed box. Obviously if you have a beat up looking one I would say something and want something different. Your statement makes it sound like the installer is just going to go out to the truck and find some POS laying around and install it.

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions so far.

One thing I'm wondering about is whether the 722/k has better picture quality than the 622? I've read some posts on here suggesting as much. If so, I might see if I can "upgrade" to the 722 for a fee (or perhaps hope I get one regardless ;) ) but I don't need an installer to come, I'm already set up with 119/110/61.5, so Dish might just send me the receiver...

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions so far.

One thing I'm wondering about is whether the 722/k has better picture quality than the 622? I've read some posts on here suggesting as much. If so, I might see if I can "upgrade" to the 722 for a fee (or perhaps hope I get one regardless ;) ) but I don't need an installer to come, I'm already set up with 119/110/61.5, so Dish might just send me the receiver...

There has been a lot of back and forth on that issue. Some say yes, some (like me) say no.

Have the installer come. There is a shortage of 622s and he will most likely upgrade you to 722 for free. It may be a k but if you don't need the OTA it's no big deal. The picture quality of both is the same in my experience.

Have the installer come. There is a shortage of 622s and he will most likely upgrade you to 722 for free. It may be a k but if you don't need the OTA it's no big deal. The picture quality of both is the same in my experience.
That's correct regarding having them bring one. I got two 722s once when I ordered 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)