Office 2013

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
A few of us in our IT dept including me are testing Office 2013. Due to the way MS licenses their Office products we may have no choice but to migrate to Office 2013 sooner than we want to. We can keep installing Office 2010 but the cost is somewhere between 3-4 times more per license due to how the license agreement is. :(

Have any of you worked with Office 2013? What do you think?

So just move to OpenOffice. Good protest move. Might even save money.

Last edited:
I am in kind of the same boat. I will just bite the bullet and go to 2013 office because it is the most cost effective. Not heavy office users, but the only real difference that I have noticed is that the UI is a bit more muted in 2013 vs 2010. Everything we do (which is pretty limited by many company standards) seems to work the same.

Im not sure what kind of license agreement you have, but our MSEA allows us to install any current or previous version. Basically, cost-wise, its the same to install Office 2013 on a workstation as it is to install Office 2007. We can do the same with servers...if we buy a new server with a Windows Server 2012 license, we can legally install 2008 R2 because that is our current "standard", with no additional cost, as long as its the same version (enterprise, Standard, Datacenter, etc).

With our SA we have to pay for a 2010 license for a 3-year period. With Office 2013 we can continue to bill the business for just the 1 year which I was told is how we have been doing things.

I have Office 2007 installed on 4 home machines, they work fine for me. No reason to upgrade. Sorry I couldn't help Neutron.

i tried 2013 and ran back to 2010. unlike windows 8 which i like after getting used to it, i couldn't do the same with office 2013. yes functions are similar but didn't hate the interface.

A friend bought a new computer that had 2010 pre-installed, but was forced to buy 2013 as no product key for 2010 was available.

Yeah it works fine it has a new look to it but like with anything overtime looks of things with software always change so nothing new with that. Either way seems to work fine I have not run into any issues so far. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts