Office of President cannot remove flags. My next move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok,

Just got off with office of president and they can't do a thing.
To recap, I have had an old red flag on acct for 2 years.

I received it originally for getting to many credits
due to equipment issues.

Back then, if I had known this I would have told them
to hold off on credits.

So, as of today i have been buying NFL, NHL and NBA tickets
with no special.

I have been a high tier customer latest greatest equipment.

Im torn because my old man who's 88 and watches our Ny teams
in Florida is something we always do together.

However, on principal Im wanting to pull the plug.
The fee to terminate would be 280..
They are not willing to wave or take off a bit.

I have had direc since 1997

So, decision time....
I might add I do enjoy the service but feel Im being severely mistreated.

I did post this before minus my talk with office of president.
A waste of time talking to president office.
Plus they never got back to my initial call two weeks ago.
Great service!

Your thoughts.

Myself,I would ride it out with cheapest package possible,then when the contract was up,goodbye,and good riddance.

Time to play the retention game. They won't budge until you call their bluff. Call to cancel and set a date about 2 - 3 weeks away.

Do you really think they would waive a ETF for someone that is thinking of Leaving ?

Did they say how long the flags were for and when it would expire ?
Many people have had good luck with the Prez connection, I'm surprised they wouldn't do anything ...

What exactly are you wanting them to do ?

Last edited:
Do you really think they would waive a ETF for someone that is thinking of Leaving ?

Did they say how long the flags were for and when it would expire ?Many people have had good luck with the Prez connection, I'm surprised they would do anything ...

What exactly are you wanting them to do ?

Get rid of flag Jimbo!

Even csrs have said the max is 6 months.
They think its been on my acct way too long.

I just want to be able to get sports package
special like regular subs.

Im not looking for anything now...
Just to see flag gone.

With the way D* is treating you, I know that I would have had the easy answer when I was on the phone with the Office of the President, and that answer would have been 'cancel'. No ifs ands or buts about it. You are much more patient than I. I wouldn't have futzed with this issue anywhere near as long as you did.

Get rid of flag Jimbo!

Even csrs have said the max is 6 months.
They think its been on my acct way too long.

I just want to be able to get sports package
special like regular subs.

Im not looking for anything now...
Just to see flag gone.

So the flags are keeping you from getting the discounted offers others get , I can understand that, I'm wondering how the flags got there in the first place ... They give out discounts easily, or have, can't imagine them giving out enough to flag your account, wouldn't you think if it was close, they would just say, No more credits if you were asking, back then.

I'm guessing you have already spoke with Retention ...
I would try them again, they are the ones that have the power to do the most, outside of the prez/owner.

With the way D* is treating you, I know that I would have had the easy answer when I was on the phone with the Office of the President, and that answer would have been 'cancel'. No ifs ands or buts about it. You are much more patient than I. I wouldn't have futzed with this issue anywhere near as long as you did.

Not easy for me for important reason.
My father and I share our love for Ny sports.
Something we do every NFL Sunday. He can't walk well anymore goes out very little.
So, that's the main reason I've held back from pulling the trigger.

That said I'm sure there are plenty of nationally televised jet games we can see down in South Florida.

Jimbo
I wish they notified me of over credits.
I would have stopped immediately.
I will try retention as a last resort.
But I have little faith in Direc these days.

Bottom line is you only get so many credits, and apparently you already have them. I don't blame you for feeling like you have been taken advantage of, but I don't think that's really the case.

At this point, I think cancelling your service is the only way to have that flag removed.

Bottom line is you only get so many credits, and apparently you already have them. I don't blame you for feeling like you have been taken advantage of, but I don't think that's really the case.

Sorry your not in my shoes.
Easy to place blame on me against the big boys.
Credits are over two years old. Zero credits
on my accts....

Im not going to defend myself over this.....

Bottom line is its my issue ill handle it...

Thanks to most of you for your input...

I think your right...
The struggle was losing out on pro Ny sports but
I think out of principle your right.
I think that AFTER you cancel, DTV will see it your way and make an offer to get you back.

At this point, I think cancelling your service is the only way to have that flag removed.

This ^^^ my friend. Only you know exactly what the situation and circumstances are and what's the next best move here. I've known you for awhile now and don't doubt you're being straight with us, but I do think it's time you pull the plug. When I'm this unhappy about something, I'd rather be without it.

I think that AFTER you cancel, DTV will see it your way and make an offer to get you back.

Again another good point by voyager. From past threads similar to this one, that is usually the case. I still get very sweet offers to come back to Directv.

This ^^^ my friend. Only you know exactly what the situation and circumstances are and what's the next best move here. I've known you for awhile now and don't doubt you're being straight with us, but I do think it's time you pull the plug. When I'm this unhappy about something, I'd rather be without it.

Thanks Rey,
Voyager is on the money...
Amen!
Just spoke with direc...260 not 280
to terminate....
I know I should just pull the trigger already....
I will decide in the next day or so...
Next bill cycle is the 31st..

Maybe put your account on hold. It won't change the termination amount, but it will give you time to check alternatives and maybe a different perspective.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)