Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

4.03 not the answer

My L4.01 was very buggy. Constantly getting black screens (BSOD) about half the time with the shrieking on the surround sound. Doing the soft-reset was ineffective; the power-down reset would usually (but not always) stabilize the unit for 8-12 hours.

I got L4.03 in the first wave. I don't know where to begin - within hours of getting the update the unit went black and still had not rebooted itself after 15 minutes. I performed a soft-reset and the unit took 12 minutes to return. Since then, I have performed about 8 soft-resets, 3 power down resets and 2 check switches. Each reset takes an inordinate amount of time to return the unit to function (10-30 minutes). The unit simply is unstable now and won't run more than 4-6 hours without failing. Can I please have my pre-4.01 software back? :confused:

If we had external storage, I would archive my recordings and ask Dish to replace my 622. Instead, I keep struggling to transfer my HD recordings to my DVD recorder (in SD of course). :mad:

Jeff

My L4.01 was very buggy. Constantly getting black screens (BSOD) about half the time with the shrieking on the surround sound. Doing the soft-reset was ineffective; the power-down reset would usually (but not always) stabilize the unit for 8-12 hours.

I got L4.03 in the first wave. I don't know where to begin - within hours of getting the update the unit went black and still had not rebooted itself after 15 minutes. I performed a soft-reset and the unit took 12 minutes to return. Since then, I have performed about 8 soft-resets, 3 power down resets and 2 check switches. Each reset takes an inordinate amount of time to return the unit to function (10-30 minutes). The unit simply is unstable now and won't run more than 4-6 hours without failing. Can I please have my pre-4.01 software back? :confused:
4.01....bugs reported
4.02....bugs reported
4.03....bugs reported
eventually I suppose they'll have all the 622s fuc*ed up and then they'll announce a new receiver......maybe a 722 or something.

jstrait said:
If we had external storage, I would archive my recordings and ask Dish to replace my 622. Instead, I keep struggling to transfer my HD recordings to my DVD recorder (in SD of course). :mad:

Jeff
I think they made HD-DVRs more affordable because customers are less likely to request RMAs when they've got a bunch of HD on their HHD. Of course if they make external storage of HD available that might change. Hmmmm.

My lost locks have continued to add up daily on both dvrs. Had to clear the switch matrix to get the lnb drift message off of the screen. The hd channels were coming off of 61.5 instead of 129 at first till I cleared the matrix and then reran the switch check.

Also the audio issues . I am getting a loud blairing sound on my shows when a timer kicks in on that tuner or the opposite tuner. It happens with ota and sat channels. This has been a problem since L. 4.01 and is still not fixed. The only way around it is to put the receiver into PCM mode .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts