Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

Woke up this morning to find that I didn't get 4.01 today...anyone else part of the test that didnt get the software? I rebooted, and also ran a check switch, but no 4.01. bummer...

Record/Pause problem for me.

I receive my locals on 118.7. The new software works great except on these HD locals. With each of them, if I pause, it will jump to live TV when I want to resume watching. Also, if I record one of these channels, the DVR jumps to show complete when I attempt to watch a recording.

I have found no other problems and love the new features.

Is anyone else seeing this problem??

Yes, this is the exact problem I am having with mine. I am located in Charlotte, NC. You?

Since I've never "officially" provided feedback to E* regarding bugs (at least not as outlined in the script they emailed us), I have a few questions:

1. Is there a time frame? In order to extensively test the timers (weekly, daily, etc.), one would expect at least 2 weeks to assess reliability.
  2. If there are no bugs, do they still want feedback? Thus far my 622 has performed flawlessly.

There should be some sort of form to succinctly answer each "question" provided in the "beta-test" script. You would think it would make tracking trends easier for them; as opposed to sifting through multitudes of emails with differing formats.

Didn't get the update here in San Diego either. As an independent installer, I have played with the 211's updated software, and really like the menus and program guides with the "HD" notations...

Something tells me that there is now a "delay" and the masses will not be getting the update before more bugs are checked out???

Hmmm....

Problem reported to Dish: Lock out HBOHD 9456 with intent of using HBOHD 300 as the single representation of the channel. Try doing a search for a movie using the # key to bring up the menu. The search will not yield info for either 9456 or 300 (but will display hits for all the other HBO subchannels that happen to also have a scheduled showing of the movie). Conversely lock out HBOHD 300 and do a search it will display hits for HBOHD 9456 but confuses other HBOHD subchannels (ex 301) as beiing HD (represents 301 as being an HD channel on the results screen)

I reported this too as well as the fact if you lock out the mpeg4 hd locals in the 6000 range and only use the channel map down to the lower numbers, you get no search results for either channel in the hd range. So you can not use channel map down mirrored channels without leaving the larger number versions of the same channels out of the lock out option. I see a problem with this. How many people want several channels in different ranges all cluttering up thier guides? And how will Dish eventully replace all sd channels with thier hd versions if they are mirrored to there lower sd channel numbers and the search features don't work? This needs to be addressed as it limits all search features with the mapdown channels. I consider this a major bug .

I didn't have it this morning either although my receiver was in standby all night long.. However I just reset my receiver to shut down and check for upgrades and now it is downloading new software as I type.. Hopefully 4.01.. But it's too late for me to wait for it.. Have to go to work.. IF you were suppose to get it, you might want to try a reboot and see if it grabs it now.

Yes, this is the exact problem I am having with mine. I am located in Charlotte, NC. You?

Charlotte also. I have been in contact with Dish. They asked for my signal levels on 118.7. They are 87 on Transponder 21 and 77 on Transponder 8. They say they are going to try to duplicate the problem.

What are your signal levels?

Charlotte also. I have been in contact with Dish. They asked for my signal levels on 118.7. They are 87 on Transponder 21 and 77 on Transponder 8. They say they are going to try to duplicate the problem.

What are your signal levels?

Not sure... not at home right now and wont be until late tonight. I did go through all of the Sats last night looking at those... dont remember the exact numbers, but I am pretty sure it was in the top 3/4's of the bar... The only one that was low was 129, but im used to that. Interesting that this seems to be linked to our locals only... It has to be something with the way its linking the higher channel number back down to the local numbers....

4.01 was on my 622 when I woke up. No problems - no reboot required. The DVR fired up as usual. I had DPP44 switch problems after the 3.66 update - turned out to be a bad DPP seperator. I removed the seperator and swapped the OTA coax to the DPP44 to give me 2 lines.

Didn't have much time to play with 4.01 this morning, but so far everything seems to be working.

"ERD Setup"

"ERD Setup" in "Record Plus" menu? Is this something new or did I just not notice it before L4.01 and what is it for? What is the external device it refers to, VCR or USB device, maybe it was placed for future use.

Just dawned on me, Pocket Dish. Duh!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Part of the testing group and got my update last night. Love the HD in the DVR list most of all.

I did 6,1,1 and then exited. Was watching DVR show when I went in, came to last channel I was watching (205) when I exited. Did it again from 205, and came back to 205.

Noticed that they put the HD logo EVERYWHERE. Adding to favorites list, recorded DVR shows, even the daily schedule of shows you are going to DVR has the HD logo. Nice.

In the Diag Menu (6,3) go to "Upload Logs". There is a choice of uploading over Modem or ETHERNET!!!! Ethernet is greyed out for me, so it looks like they are going to enable it on a future release. Also, I checked my DHCP server and the 622 has not asked for an IP, so ethernet is still off (I know it wasn't in the list for this release, just checking). I'm glad to see this though. If they are looking at uploading logs over ethernet, then MAYBE, just MAYBE, the phone requirement could be changed for a ethernet OR phone requirement. PLEASE PLEASE!

I have the extended guide on, and have always had the bottom of the guide cut off on my 56" CRT over comp cables. Have not yet tried over HDMI. However, now the HD logo in the guide is also cut off. Going to send Dish some feedback on this one, as there is PLENTY of "blue" space on the right hand side. Maybe they could move the guide a little to the right and keep the left side out of the overscan area?

Related to above, it would be nice to have a HD test pattern generator within the 622. I thought the HDMI tests would have that, but it seems to be only for testing the physical connection. I'll try with HDMI later and see if the overscan is any better there, but I doubt it will be. Wish I had multiple HDMI hookups on my TV, my DVD player is using the HDMI now.

Lastly, how do I send beta feedback to Dish? I never got an email to confirm that I got into the test group, but did sign up and get it on Friday.

So far so good, THANKS FOR LETTING US HELP TEST THIS DISH!

Oh, forgot to add that I don't have local HDs here in Indiana or a 1000 plus, just the 1000 standard. However, if Dish would put Indy locals in HD and send me a 1000 plus, I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO VERIFY THE 118 ISSUE! :)

"Lastly, how do I send beta feedback to Dish? I never got an email to confirm that I got into the test group, but did sign up and get it on Friday."

Ask for someone to send you the email and you will reply to the email from E* for feedback. Did you check your Spam folder?

Well, I got up this morning and found that sure enough, I now had L4.01. I signed up for the Beta test, so I was just waiting to get it. I found now problems whatsoever, everything seemed to be working fine. I have a Dish 1000.2 and went to channels on all 3 sats, and had no switch problems or anything. I didn't get a chance to test it very much as I had to leave for work, but I will play with it more this weekend.

Ask for someone to send you the email and you will reply to the email from E* for feedback. Did you check your Spam folder?

Could someone that is on the test group PM me and I will send you my email address. Thanks.

I checked my spam folder and nothing there. However I forgot to include my email address when I sent my info. I thought they would use the email address that I sent from or the one on my Dish account. Silly me. :eek:

Ok, I got L401 this morning and haven't had time to mess with before work, but I did notice I cannot receive any OTA locals. They were coming in fine last night. Has anyone had to rescan maybe to get them back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts