Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

HD Mapdown sucks! It turns out that DiscoveryHD and Discovery are NOT the same thing! But when you press 182 you get DiscoveryHD. How do we kill this feature! I've looked through many menus and I can't find the setting.

So I see they added Record plus and when you go to setup a timer EXT is next to AUTO, REMIND, DVR. I know this is probally for the pocket dish, but I think it is also part of the ext storage recording. Does anyone have a USB 2.0 drive to test this with? Also what type of partition does it need to be? FAT32?, NTFS? Dish propiertary?

Last night begin new spool:

PID: 08BDh, ID: 13KC, FW: L401, Model: ViP622/ViP622
Done. Thu Mar 22 23:18:22 2007

Upgrading FW:
'L401': 'ABA1'- 'BHQ1' 'L040'- 'L400'
New FW:'L401'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[3-8]1[AB01]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-75766628
List of Serial Numbers:
[573]

Got mine this morning.

abricko, Menu 6, 9, Channel Display, DishHD Channels, enable or disable.

I agree it's pretty well hidden. Mapdown of non-duplicated channels is a problem, perhaps they should have reserved some adjacent channel numbers so that they could be next to each other but different numbers.

I've noticed any time I'm in anything where the screen is shrunk (menus for examples) I get a quick flash of blackness when exiting before the normal display returns.

I was accepted as a Beta tester and did receive my update last night. No problems at all upon turning the receiver on this morning. I will test it extensively this weekend. No problems this morning though when watching. All timers remained as scheduled. I did notice that the HDMI test area will show you all of the info on your connected TV. Pretty neat!

First problem encountered by me.

Noticed occasional black screen on local (LIL) channel. Went to Point Dish. It showed 105 which I don't have. Decided to run check switch. This worked fine, it downloaded guide. Back to normal, I hit PIP and got a frozen image about 3/4 normal size with some big gray edges. Hit PIP a couple more times and the machine rebooted. Came back up normal.

Of course it's always been recommended to do a forced reboot after an update, just hadn't gotten to it yet due to scheduled recordings in progress at the time.

I didn't receive the update last night. Did an update at about 8:30 am this morning, still nothing. I guess dish is sending out updates to receivers in batches or something. Will test as soon as I get it. Can't wait.

I did get the confirmation email and all. Will try a hard reset later.

Last edited:
Last night begin new spool:

PID: 08BDh, ID: 13KC, FW: L401, Model: ViP622/ViP622
Done. Thu Mar 22 23:18:22 2007

Upgrading FW:
New FW:'L401'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-75766628
List of Serial Numbers:
[573]

Mr. Smith, any idea when this will go full phase?

Mr. Smith, any idea when this will go full phase?

He doesn't know, just like none of the rest of us know. E* will have to review the problems that come in from everyone and decide if it is ready for full release.

I turned receiver off, and waited as patiently as possible...and it finally started downloading! I've got the update now. Not sure why it took till 9am CDT this morning, but there is hope for some of the others who didnt get it first thing this morning.

i got it last night. When i woke up the 622 was recording movie so i did not foll with much but I did notice that it had skipped a scheduled recording of an OTA broadcast. Looking at the thread here and in the other forum I am a bit confused as to whether I should rescan locals or run a switch check----any thoughts.

After any software update, it's a good idea to reboot the receiver. I did have to do a check switch because everytime I went to the Point Dish screen I kept getting different satellites not the one for the channel I was watching. I would reboot and run check switch.

Regarding the OTA locals, I'm planning on deleting them all and rescanning. Others are reporting better OTA reception and since I'm having problems with one channel (ABC), I will try that. I get 95-100% signal on that channel but it's unwatchable.

HD Mapdown sucks! It turns out that DiscoveryHD and Discovery are NOT the same thing! But when you press 182 you get DiscoveryHD. How do we kill this feature! I've looked through many menus and I can't find the setting.

It's in the HD Locals tab, and I don't remember the exact title, but it's location SUX.

(Yes, I complained to E*).

i asked because at least one person losta satellite after a check switch. I may try a rescan. Who knows if it will help but why not. But I won't be home until quite late.

Don't get so excited about the map down. If you're using a favorites list (you should be if you're not), don't add the map downs that you don't want to the favorites list and they won't show up.

I, personally, like the map down even where the programming is different. When you select 110 Food Network, for example with HD priority enabled, you get the HD channel - simply hit the down arrow for SD and the up arrow to get back to HD - intuitive and simple.

This is not rocket science.

Pat:D

One issue I am having with the new update. On satellite 129 TPs 6 and 30 take about an extra 10 seconds to lock. The video takes an extra 10 seconds to load. I also have this issue on both my 211's since the last upgrade. I have a DPP44 switch and wonder if there is a connection.

HDMI 5.1 pass through is now working!! So far I am impressed with the new features like the side by side PIP windows and having HD next to SD especially the locals.

With the map down, it looks fairly easy to get to the non-HD channel if that's the one you want to watch, but what if you are trying to record a future show? Does it get the SD channel (if that's what you want)?

Also, has anyone checked the 5.1 over HDMI? I don't have it yet, so I'm just askin'...

I have a FEATURE REQUEST.

When using SIDE BY SIDE PIP I would like an option in one of the settings screen that if your in SINGLE MODE running Side by Side PIP the audio of the programming of the right PIP window be fed out the TV audio outputs.

With a setup like this I could plug my headphones into output for TV 2 and finally me and my wife could watch TV together. :) (Her CSI crap on the left side and my wrestling crap on the right side) :D

I have a FEATURE REQUEST.

When using SIDE BY SIDE PIP I would like an option in one of the settings screen that if your in SINGLE MODE running Side by Side PIP the audio of the programming of the right PIP window be fed out the TV audio outputs.

With a setup like this I could plug my headphones into output for TV 2 and finally me and my wife could watch TV together. :) (Her CSI crap on the left side and my wrestling crap on the right side) :D

That is an ingenious idea. I could deal with that as well!

Another option I'd like is instead of swapping the video and audio just switch the audio when using PiP. That way when I have two games on I don't have to look over to the other side of the screen.

Edit: To clarify, I won't have to switch my view when wanting to hear the audio in the 2nd window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)