Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

Here are a couple of issues i have found with L4.01. I reported these to Echostar.

A. Channel change - Audio Mute timing Sometimes when
channel up or down a 'blip' of audio comes through.

B. Caller ID - Themes and Search Screen ( Left arrow key)
While in themes and search, a call comes in (caller ID enabled)
Neither screen is releasable. Caller ID keeps coming back up after
depressing 'OK'. Cancel or select is ineffective in clearing the
screens. The only way i could get out was to power the unit off.

Particularly since the 622 only can record OTA HD or digital channels. It doesn't pick up analog channels, so why not label all OTA channels HD. Dumb.

Because not all OTA digital channels are HD. And Dish already has this screwed up because in the All HD channel list it shows all OTA channels, even the SD ones.

When was this?

Particularly since the 622 only can record OTA HD or digital channels. It doesn't pick up analog channels, so why not label all OTA channels HD. Dumb.

Hopefully they will fix it with the next release. But reading this thread, its amazing how much more stable this is than the fiasco we had with L3.63.

When was L3.63? I've had my 622 for a year and this is the only time I've had a major problem with it. I can't believe this. Have you even read the problems people are reporting? For what? Some new channel numbers, logos and some PIP stuff. Why do 622 users care about PIP for HD viewing? Get a regular receiver!

I rescanned my locals and I got back the problem where it will default to the 105 satellite in the Point Dish screen. Grrr.... I changed the channel to TNT HD and it showed 110 in red with the correct TP at the bottom but where you select the satellite it showed 129 and TP11. WTH!

I am getting this too now and I notice my lost locks under the counters of the diagnostics screen , have gone up to way up from 0 and 0 to 16 and 20. They need to fix this because every time I try to check a transponder , I get a " scanning for satellites " message and then I still have to turn the sat to the one it needs to be on to read the strength.

Major BUG !

I think I found a bug. Just wondering if anyone else can recreate the situation to see if it happens to you.

After the unit is in standby mode on an SD channel, I woke the unit up and immediately changed to an HD channel. Specifically I went from a LIL cbs sd channel, then went to ESPNHD mapped down HD channel. After doing this, the aspect of the picture on ESPN HD, was stretched off the screen. When I then changed to an SD channel then back to ESPNHD, it was corrected.

On a lighter note, I think it's cool that we get to help beta test the software. Hopefully, we can help to get the junk worked out before mass release.

I still dont have the 401 boo hoo, i want my side by side for sunday so i can watch the race and ball games at the same time..

Got the Beta:
Major Problem Solved: KTBC FOX 7 in Austin is reception problem is now solved!!
Dual PIP is way cool!
All other functions, except some of the "back up a few frames" in Trick Mode are working.

Life is good!

I've run almost every test as outlined in the "beta test" email. (The exceptions being the purchase of a VOD and a manual timer which is pending for Sunday night).

I haven't encountered any problems. I didn't have any reproducable problems with 366.

• No blank recordings (before or after 401).
  • OTA remains rock solid (no better for the fringe stations, no worse for the others).
  • No HDMI problems.
  • No picture quality problems (beyond what's expected from satellite and downrez).
  • No audio problems.

I love the side-by-side PIP.
I love the new mapping procedure.

FWIW I have an "A" serial number.

With the map down, it looks fairly easy to get to the non-HD channel if that's the one you want to watch, but what if you are trying to record a future show? Does it get the SD channel (if that's what you want)?

Also, has anyone checked the 5.1 over HDMI? I don't have it yet, so I'm just askin'...

Yep, DD5.1 over HDMI working fine and I'm lovin' it. Less cables and can now set up my AV system a bit easier.

But, a mapdown question/observation. On (for example) HGTV which has different programming over SD and HD, I can not set a timer for the two different programs in the same time slot as they show the same channel number and present a conflict. Have I missed something?

Next Thursday then?

No update here on the west coast..... Was really looking forward to the updates. The new 622's I installed for customers yesterday had the new software delivered to them..

Wait 'til next Thursday, methinks.....

Got the Beta:
Major Problem Solved: KTBC FOX 7 in Austin is reception problem is now solved!!
Dual PIP is way cool!
All other functions, except some of the "back up a few frames" in Trick Mode are working.

Life is good!

Good, it's not just me that thinks KTBC-DT is fixed :)

LER

I will probably post more details on my review in a few days. However, It is important that we each review the beta independently and send our results to Dish. Each of us will get some different results. We need to make sure that we post what we find on our receiver and configuration.

Beta Testers--- Remember, don't just post it here, send a complete report to Dish as requested. We've got a real chance to do future tests here. Let's use this chance to show how effective this testing system can be!

I will probably post more details on my review in a few days. However, It is important that we each review the beta independently and send our results to Dish. Each of us will get some different results. We need to make sure that we post what we find on our receiver and configuration.

Beta Testers--- Remember, don't just post it here, send a complete report to Dish as requested. We've got a real chance to do future tests here. Let's use this chance to show how effective this testing system can be!

The email states to report back any issues or problems. Doesn't sound like they want a full report from us.

L401 has still killed my OTA locals, yes I have done check switch and power cord reboot, both several times. This sucks!

Look under the hdtv setup menu #8 and look at the analog type button on the left and make sure it says off air. Other people with this same issue did not have it selected to off air and it solved their problem. Set it to off air and re-scan. Hopefully this is your problem...i am hesitant to re-scan my locals if there is a possibility that i wont get them back!

I did a search of this thread and didn't find this. All of my previous HD recordings from satellite are now locked. To view a previous recording, I have to either enter my lock code or unlock the system. It's like this for both single and dual mode. I did a hard reset just in case but it didn't change anything.

Same story here. Lose my OTA channels screen goes completly black. Also none of the Sat. channels are on either.. Have to do a power button reset. then all come back. Deffintly a pain in the A**. Isn't technology great?

I have that problem too. Happened last night and again today. Last night I did a power button reset which cured it and today I tried a check switch and that also cured it. This must definately be a new bug.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things:eek:

I think I found a bug. Just wondering if anyone else can recreate the situation to see if it happens to you.

After the unit is in standby mode on an SD channel, I woke the unit up and immediately changed to an HD channel. Specifically I went from a LIL cbs sd channel, then went to ESPNHD mapped down HD channel. After doing this, the aspect of the picture on ESPN HD, was stretched off the screen. When I then changed to an SD channel then back to ESPNHD, it was corrected.

On a lighter note, I think it's cool that we get to help beta test the software. Hopefully, we can help to get the junk worked out before mass release.

I have reproduced the problem. This time my unit was in standby mode, last used on channel 182 Discovery Channel SD. When I woke the unit up, I changed the channel to 182 Discovery HD. When I changed to the HD channel, the aspect was “zoomed” way off the corners of the screen. This time it took a power off and back on to correct it.

I believe I have a "C" unit. All previous reported to E*

Last edited:
L401 Caller ID - Search-Theme Screen Bug
I have already reported this, but would appreciate it if you guys would see if you can duplicate this. Here are the steps to generate the bug:

1. Make sure caller ID is enabled (and u have caller ID)
2. Left arrow takes u to the Search and Themes Screen
3. Have someone call you on the line that has caller ID

Neither screen is releasable. Caller ID keeps coming back up after
depressing 'OK'. Cancel or Select is ineffective in clearing the
screens. The only way i could get out was to power the unit off.

Thanks to those that can check this out. As i said, i have already reported it.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts