Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

L401 has still killed my OTA locals, yes I have done check switch and power cord reboot, both several times. This sucks!

I have that problem too. Happened last night and again today. Last night I did a power button reset which cured it and today I tried a check switch and that also cured it. This must definately be a new bug.

Since I recieved L401, my OTA locals have become unwatchable. Don't have this problem on my 942. Anybody else having this problem? When I call dish they always say to push the power button. The problem ppersists.

I too have lost all of my OTA locals since the L4.01 update. I did a re-scan and now i have nothing. I also noticed that when i go to manually select an OTA local channel, the reciever is not detecting an OTA signal at all. All locals were working flawlessly before i did the re-scan. I have checked to make sure "off air" is selected in the set up. Just before i did the re-scan, I had signal strength of 85 - 90...and now nothing. I have noticed 4 or 5 other post with similar situations. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to resolve it? Can any of you see if you detect a signal manually in the local set up screen?

I agree . That is what I did to clean up the sd uplicates . I lock all channels out I don't like or need. As I reported earlier in this thread , the problem with this software is that when you lock out the hd channels in the 9000 range or the hd locals in the 6000 range , you will not get any search results for those channels in either the 9000 range or the mirrored lower channel numbers. I use the search features to look for movies in the system daily to see what I want to record. This is a bug . It will eliminate the ability to replace all the sd channels with their hd counterparts if the search features don't work with them.

I do not have 401 yet so I am not sure how the HD mapdown works in the guide. But rather than locking out the channels you don't want, couldn't you set up a favorite lists guide with the channels you do want? Seems like it should work until Dish can do something about it if it is a bug but it might be a little time consuming

I have been having a concern with the previous channel and swap feature.

Using single mode I believe that before 4.01 you could use the previous channel on each tuner using the Swap.

Lets say I am on channel A and tune to channel B on tuner 1 then swap to tuner 2 and switch between channel C and D when I swapped back to tuner 1 I would be on channel B and be able to previous channel back to channel A.

Now it seems that if I am on tuner 2 and hit previous channel it changes back to tuner 1.

I noticed a problem with the new software on 622. There seems to be a glitch that is only affecting my HD locals. The DVR now will not playback anything that was recorded on the Charlotte locals off 118, however anything recorded on the off-air antenna or any other hd channel still works properly. I already have contacted dish about this problem and after convincing the tech that it's not a timer related issue he aggreed that it's most likely a problem with the L401 software that had not been reported yet. The problem even occurs when you manually try to record. you go back to your DVR menu and select it and all you get is black. Well anyways the tech said to wait 2 days and if the problem still exists to call back. Anyone else noticed this problem?

I too have lost all of my OTA locals since the L4.01 update. ...All locals were working flawlessly before i did the re-scan...

I guess I'm not a very good beta tester. I deferred that test for fear I would lose my OTA which are currently working fine. I did that based on reports here.

Of course if I were a real beta tester, I assume I'd have a dedicated box on which I'd not mind something going wrong.

I guess I'm not a very good beta tester. I deferred that test for fear I would lose my OTA which are currently working fine. I did that based on reports here.

Of course if I were a real beta tester, I assume I'd have a dedicated box on which I'd not mind something going wrong.

Thankfully i can still get them thru the television tuner, just not on the 622 anymore

I noticed a problem with the new software on 622. There seems to be a glitch that is only affecting my HD locals. The DVR now will not playback anything that was recorded on the Charlotte locals off 118, however anything recorded on the off-air antenna or any other hd channel still works properly. I already have contacted dish about this problem and after convincing the tech that it's not a timer related issue he aggreed that it's most likely a problem with the L401 software that had not been reported yet. The problem even occurs when you manually try to record. you go back to your DVR menu and select it and all you get is black. Well anyways the tech said to wait 2 days and if the problem still exists to call back. Anyone else noticed this problem?

I have the exact same problem and reported it on DBSTalk as well. For some reason it is something to do with Charlotte locals. It also broke anything I had recorded in the past before the update from the HD Locals.

I have noticed very slow channel changes with 4.01, whether from the guide, channel up/down, or by entering the channel number.

weird, today I notice that in the enhanced display with video my HD is getting cut off on the left side
It was not doing that last night, odd
I also checked the TV I have using the coxial out on channel 60 and it's shifted left so two TVs don't shift at the same time so it has to be what the receiver is displaying
Also, the PiP seems more to the left than I have ever noticed but it's not that far from what I saw in the screen shots shown here of the pip functions. I have used pip daily since i got the 622 so I know when there is a change on my setup.

Can that stuff be adjusted in the 622 if so I am blind to find it, lol

but it all was 'normal' until today since the update. It's so obvious especially with half of the H cut off in the HD in the channel guide

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

no big deal I guess but it was FINE last night and right after the update.

I noticed that if I set the next show to record, and then try to record the show I'm watching 2nd the box will reset everytime.

Oh and like everone the channels change slow like on my 411 also.

oh and I as well was cussing the 'what is with the slow channel change'

i mean is there a fix for that but what causes the tuners to react so slow or whatever is happening here

Hmmm...I was just thinking today that, if anything, my channel changes may be a little faster.

To my knowledge, there is no way to change the image orientation on the 622. Odd that my 721 has always been able to do that.

if i go to the standard view with video it's ok
i use the 3rd option and that one cuts off the H of HD in the middle and dang if it did that until today

It's no big deal but it's annoying, lol

There surely should be a orientation setting to tweak the output and since you stage the other model has one.....why not this one ?

seems an obvious feature to center your output since there are only hundreds of TVs , lol

well, I do admit I love the 622 and it's features. Now just to get the backup stuff working and , uh koff, networking to a PC via LAN would be nice, very nice

...There surely should be a orientation setting to tweak the output and since you stage the other model has one.....why not this one ?

seems an obvious feature to center your output since there are only hundreds of TVs...

Yep, there's been lots of discussion about this absent feature. My hunch is that the thought it would be unnecessary with an HDMI output. (The 721 is analog only).

L4.01 Broke It

Since receiving 4.01 on Friday the 622 loses audio (sounds like nails down a chalk board) fan sounds like a turbo charger and unit reboots. This is happening every couple of hours non stop. Spent most of the afternoon with Tech Support and they couldn't figure it out. So there sending me another 622.
Wife pissed because she couldn't watch the race this afternoon and other stuff she had recorded.
Knock on wood my 622 was installed 04/2006 and this is the first problem we had with it.

The local channel scan (OTA) bug is still with us. I did the following:

1. Menu - System Setup - Local Channels
2. Then select 'Scan Locals' Let it scan and exit normally writing the data to memory.
3. Repeat step 2 at least 3-4 times. (I came upon this due to having a OTA on a tower and a rotor.)
4. 5-10 minutes later after tuning off-air channels, they all are gone as far as seeing them. Yellow 'loss of signal on off-air channel comes up. No off-air channels are able to be tuned.
5. Go back to Menu - System Setup - Local Channels
6. Local Channel list is still intact
7. Select 'Scan Locals' - The Scan Engine is locked up.
8: The only way i could recover is a complete power down and reboot. (Hold front panel button in approx. 5 seconds)

I hope you guys can replicate this.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)