Official Current Deals Thread

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
They are currently advertising Starz at $5 off for 6 months, which drops the monthly price from $13 to $8. Any other deals being offered?

Also, are you able to take part in these deals from the online account or will you have to call or start up a chat to get them?

They are currently advertising Starz at $5 off for 6 months, which drops the monthly price from $13 to $8. Any other deals being offered?

Also, are you able to take part in these deals from the online account or will you have to call or start up a chat to get them?

If you have an account on mydish.com, check the My Deals tab on the left, it's possible you will see several $5 off premiums in it, not just Starz. Eligibility may vary. That's primarily what is being offered, no other programming offers at the moment. A few people have still managed to get premiums for half off, but that is not supposed to be available (but some agents are giving it and not following the rules).

A general comment: It's been talked about a lot, and applied somewhat, but for some channels, the bargain ride will end at some point. Folks who keep finding ways/agents to renew things like half-off premiums will eventually hit a brick wall, where even screaming and complaining will be met with "Sorry, we cannot offer you those channels at a discount" at some point. Face it, at half off, it's either not profitable, or marginally profitable, to Dish to offer these. The idea of the half off (and now $5) off deals is to be fairly introductory, get you to like a channel enough that you'll actually pay full price for it.

See sometimes it's just seasonal stuff a viewer may want and would prefer to pay it a cheaper price. Like myself I'm tempted with the Starz deal if it's still avail in January as Black Sails seems interesting and then Da Vinci Demon's should be following after that thus using all 6 months. Would I pay full price if I have to? Of course! Will I use an advertised deal if I can? Hell yeah! Haha. This applies to Multisport for some as well. I personally keep it all year, but some use it for football/basketball and drop it for baseball or vice versa. Showtime/HBO - people subscribe for their favorite show and then drop it. So I don't think the deals will fully go away.

Also I know I'm not Scott but I think this thread may be a sticky type thread ;)

HBO,Starz,showtime,cinemax and latino bonus pack available with $5 dollar off first 6 months(if you previously have HBO with previous half price offer or $5 dollar discount offer agents will be unable to give the offer)
Encore,epix,hartland,mutisports,Blockbuster at home available with half price offer 6 months

The customer must be in good standing in order to qualify to offers
Depends of your account status,if you have full price package and you want to remove from Mydish.com you could be offered keep it with 5*6 offer or halfprice

To me, shouldn't be a sticky. 1. Too much chance for misinterpreting what a CSR says and relaying it here. A Sticky to me should be more official or reliable info. 2. Dish already has a place online for that. 3. DIRT more reliable and connected 4. Not everyone qualifies and will only promote more questions than answers.

No it should not be a sticky, as we have seen that a deal available to one person might not be available to another.

Making it a sticky would add to the confusion.

Sometimes deals are made for customers based on their history, so thus deals are not the same for all.

No it should not be a sticky, as we have seen that a deal available to one person might not be available to another.

Making it a sticky would add to the confusion.

Sometimes deals are made for customers based on their history, so thus deals are not the same for all.

True but you do hold a good monopoly on the stickies :p

I'm afraid if we make this into SlickDeals.net for satellite services/programming, Dish will be reluctant to offer any good discounts.