Official DISH Channel Request Thread

My reasons for watching TvLand are all gone now ,except one show.

MeTV, AntennaTV, Cozi, GetTV, and FETV are all MUCH better than TVLand. The way TVLand is now, Viacom had might as well just change the format and name, like they did for TNN/SpikeTV/Paramount network. As a matter of fact Logo should be TVLand it shows a lot more of the old shows.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
According to the other site, MEtv is in testing on channel 247

247 METV MeTV added to 110° TP 21 (SD *TEST* Hidden)
247 METV MeTV added to 72.7° TP 7 (SD MPEG4 *TEST* Hidden) EPG linked to 110° TP 21 Ch 247

Hope they add it. I can get it OTA, but unfortunately it is on a VHF-Hi channel and it has interference from time to time. Would be nice to have it on Dish too.

Much better hd than sd

It will be a nice addition for those that can't get the channel any other way, but I was about to say the same thing when I saw the uplink report showing it as an SD channel. I get that most all of their content was originally SD, but comparing Dish's typical poor SD channel quality with how my local MeTV looks via their OTA HD broadcast is night and day.

It will be a nice addition for those that can't get the channel any other way, but I was about to say the same thing when I saw the uplink report showing it as an SD channel. I get that most all of their content was originally SD, but comparing Dish's typical poor SD channel quality with how my local MeTV looks via their OTA HD broadcast is night and day.
Mine is just the opposite. MeTV (actually MyTV) is a bit-starved subchannel in my market, and the way they present 4x3 shows is to stretch and zoom them to make it look closer to 16x9. It's almost unwatchable. Hopefully Dish will present the content in its original 4x3 aspect and no zooming. Also, hopefully, it is added to the Latino Bonus Pack where BUZZR 245 is currently.

Reactions: TheKrell
Mine is just the opposite. MeTV (actually MyTV) is a bit-starved subchannel in my market, and the way they present 4x3 shows is to stretch and zoom them to make it look closer to 16x9. It's almost unwatchable.

Uggh...yeah, that would drive me nuts as well.

It's a MyNetworkTV network, but they show a lot of MeTV content. MeTV on MyTVJax.

So there's the other benefit for me, I'd get all MeTV content and not just the MeTV shows that MyTVJax carries.

Basically, MyNetworkTV just overlays the primetime MeTV schedule with their own shows.

i heard of comet tv
metv sounds good too
i like archive.org
i have slow internet connection 50 mb down. i will stream more in future. my friend uses the internet connection that we share for streaming all the time via a rj45 cable . hmm i want 1 gig connection hehe
i use it for youtube. basic surfing and bridge playing, so they utilize it more then me.
;)
use to use newsgroups via dsl

just wanna add has anyone notice dateline has been showing up via local channels everyday playing like at least one show a day and crime stories.
but the dateline is new via local channels a daily thing. hmm?

I already have METV via 2.2 KATU Portland and they do broadcast in 720p. But it is OTA (Translator). A lot of viewers that have Dish do not have OTA, so the channel will be available for all. KATU's translator runs 2.1 KATU ABC 720p/2.2 METV 720p/ 2.3 Comet 480i/2.4 Stadium 480i. Even the 480i looks pretty decent.

Yes , we have Metv in Hd 720p in our area. Wonder Woman fills the entire screen just like an Hd show since it was filmed on film. Other shows are Sd with vertices black bars on either side of the screen but the Sd picture looks sharp. I was glad when my local ABC station which has Metv And Cozi tv on its subchannels switched Cozi tv from Hd to Sd and put Metv in Hd instead. I watch so many more shows on Metv than Cozi anyway. The Hd output makes all these older shows look like brand new.

Comet is great, especially if you like MST3K reruns. Youtube TV has it, BTW. And the channel streams live from Comet's website as well.
We have Cometvas a sub channel of our local Fox station but it is in Sd. The picture isn’t as good as Hd but I love the old horror films , sci-fi and B monster movies. Just wish DISH would provide the guide data. Makes it hard to set up timers off of Titan tv app.

Reactions: comfortably_numb