Official DISH Channel Request Thread

Never will happen unless you have a local affiliate that invokes must carry where MeTV is on the .1 major channel.
Explain how GetTV and LAFF are carried nationally by Dish then. Couldn't METV get the same treatment with the proper carriage agreement?

Reactions: Kizzer
Explain how GetTV and LAFF are carried nationally by Dish then. Couldn't METV get the same treatment with the proper carriage agreement?
Is there a National MEtv version out there?
I see METV has 177 networks.
But if your local city doesn't have one, than its hard to add one national.

I know Wilkes-Barre Scranton DMA has one thats shared on WNEP2, But Neither Satellite provider even carries that channel.
Currently NY DMA has 2 METV channels on Dish.
So if its available, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to request it.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Probably because Sony wanted carriage for GetTV as part of their renewal with Dish for Sony Movie Channel, and evidently Katz Broadcasting doesn't have a problem with providers that carried BlueHighways TV continuing to carry the LaffTV feed.
I doesn't appear that Weigel wants a national feed of MeTV carried. It is probably in their agreement with the broadcast stations that carry the network not to distribute the national feed to MVPDs. I have only seen very few cases where Dish has a MeTV affiliate that is on a .2 subchannel. The ones that they carry in NYC are primary .1 affiliates and probably invoke must carry. Must carry does not apply to .2, .3, etc... class A or LP stations.

Dish could provide guide data for Get, Bounce, Justice, Cozi, Bounce, Comet, and Grit. All are sub channels in my area, but I have no guide data. I get guide data for MeTv and ION, so I know that they could furnish the guide data.

Reactions: bspei
Not being able to receive BBC World News with the AT 250 is a reason for some customer dissatisfaction. I will likely drop Dish when my first year which is deep discounted expires. I also would like Military HIstory Channel, One America News, AWE, and Ovation . Charlie hasn't added any good channels since Smithsonian and GetTV.

Kinda weird that the music channels added are only in the new Flex Pack. I'd love those to be added to the 250 pack. Talking about CMTMusic, MTVHits, BETHits, BETJams, MTVU.

Also GAC and MTV Classic in HD would be great.

Reactions: julesism
Those paying more, but paying less per channel. Per channel, Flex customers pay more, with the opportunity to pay less overall. There is a huge difference on the business side of things...

Those paying more, but paying less per channel. Per channel, Flex customers pay more, with the opportunity to pay less overall. There is a huge difference on the business side of things...

might be, but, again that is why you pay more to get more & pay less per channel. If you are taking the top 250, which is supposedly everything except the premium channels (movies, sports networks, etc) then any regular channel added should become part of that package. If Dish drops a channel they don't change the rate or the name to top 249

might be, but, again that is why you pay more to get more & pay less per channel. If you are taking the top 250, which is supposedly everything except the premium channels (movies, sports networks, etc) then any regular channel added should become part of that package. If Dish drops a channel they don't change the rate or the name to top 249
If Dish drops a channel, there are still
More than 250 channels. It's already about 290+ for the AT250. That said, you're correct, they could include it in the AT250 but then that is another price increase for channels I suspect would justify the increase. It won't gain business, but can cause business to go away. Now if they offered the option to add the mini packs onto the AT250, that would work. That way, those that want can pay to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)