OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

I don't think that will gain you any support or sympathy... Let us know what the Colorado attorney general tells you too please.

I agree. And I bet that if Dish did cave in and increased the fees to compensate, these same cry babies would then be complaining about costs going up. I've heard enough whining here. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like Dish, cancel and leave the Dish forums.

I posted this in the Fox vs Cablevision thread, but I thought it applies to this thread too:
As much as I dislike Insight cable, I do read Michael Willner's Blog every so often. Today there's a good post about retransmission fees and triple digit profits. It's titled "Broadcasters' Wall Street presentations reveal huge retransmission fee increases."
Check it out at: Michael's Insight

Ghpr13:)

I found this list of the FOX owned stations. If my understanding is correct, FOX could deny only these stations. All the other FOX stations are affiliates and should not be affected unless FOX does some arm twisting.

1New York WNYW / WWOR
2Los Angeles KTTV / KCOP
3Chicago WFLD / WPWR
4Philadelphia WTXF
5Dallas KDFW / KDFI
7Boston WFXT
8Atlanta WAGA
9Washington D.C. WTTG / WDCA
10Houston KRIV / KTXH
11Detroit WJBK
12Phoenix KSAZ / KUTP
13Tampa WTVT
15Minneapolis KMSP / WFTC
19Orlando WOFL / WRBW
24Baltimore WUTB
47Memphis WHBQ
51Austin KTBC
162Gainesville WOGX

Thank you so much. I looked but couldn't find it.

I agree. And I bet that if Dish did cave in and increased the fees to compensate, these same cry babies would then be complaining about costs going up. I've heard enough whining here. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like Dish, cancel and leave the Dish forums.

I too agree with you.

yup, I live in Canyon Country at the bottom of the valley... no shot!
I used to live in that area, out in Castaic. I was able to get analog TV with bunny ears out there 10 years ago, you should at least give an outdoor antenna an attempt if you have something laying around

I don't expect any more movement until after November 1st. That's the day the Fox owned locals will come down. At that point you should hear a lot more screaming.

DirecTV just turned locals on for Lubbock after signing people up and promising ALL local channels.

Unfortunately, DirecTV is balking at carrying the local Telemundo station (carried by all other local carriers including Dish), and there fore only has 5 of the 10 local channels.

Local FOX station owns Telemundo, CW, MyTV, FOX and another station, all of which are not on DirecTV at present.

So, Dish is not the only provider that is having troubles with locals carriage.

DirecTV just turned locals on for Lubbock after signing people up and promising ALL local channels.

Unfortunately, DirecTV is balking at carrying the local Telemundo station (carried by all other local carriers including Dish), and there fore only has 5 of the 10 local channels.

Local FOX station owns Telemundo, CW, MyTV, FOX and another station, all of which are not on DirecTV at present.

So, Dish is not the only provider that is having troubles with locals carriage.

Don't really see what that has to do with anything unless those stations are owned by News Corp or something. Heh, Lubbock is 270k population... "not the only provider that is having troubles with locals..." very funny. Meanwhile E* is about to drop Fox for 10s of millions of potential viewers for games 3+ of the World Series.

Last edited:
Don't really see what that has to do with anything unless those stations are owned by News Corp or something. Heh, Lubbock is 270k population... "not the only provider that is having troubles with locals..." very funny. Meanwhile E* is about to drop Fox for 10s of millions of potential viewers for games 3+ of the World Series.

Um, it is Fox that has to worry about the ratings. So long as you pay your Dish bill, they do not care if you watch.

I don't expect any more movement until after November 1st. That's the day the Fox owned locals will come down. At that point you should hear a lot more screaming.

get ready to hear screaming but make sure all the screams are directed toward the direction of Fox.

get ready to hear screaming but make sure all the screams are directed toward the direction of Fox.

I hope that when they pull the locals, all of the screaming is directed to the local Fox channels that get pulled. Maybe if people swamp the locals with phone calls the locals will push back on News Corp.

I hope that when they pull the locals, all of the screaming is directed to the local Fox channels that get pulled. Maybe if people swamp the locals with phone calls the locals will push back on News Corp.

The affected locals ARE News Corp.

I hope that Dish runs some aggressive ads and hits them like Cablevision has with the OTA droppage. It doesn't help Fox at all that they rejected a good offer from Cablevision.

F*** Fox is my motto. I like one thing they show (Fringe) and I have an OTA antenna, anyway. Next, they will start turning the TV transmitters off at midnight to save money, like the old days. Greedy bastards. Go Charlie.

As much as I am pulling for Dish in this dispute, I honestly think most people will be upset at the provider, not the network. Most people associate getting the channel through their provider, the one they pay directly. When the see other providers still carrying the channel, they focus their anger at the one that is not. As wrong as they may be in their judgment, this is more likely the normal human reaction towards something like this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)