OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Well hoo-ray for form letters....

Here is the response I got from my email to Dish Network;

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Dear Valued DISH Network Customer,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding your channel.

We regret that FOX Networks, the owner of some Regional Sports Networks, FX and National Geographic Channel, removed their channels from the DISH Network line-up. FOX has demanded a rate increase of more than 50%. An increase this large would force DISH Network to pass these costs on to our customers, which we are unwilling to do during these tough economic times.

We know these channels are important to you which is why during the FOX Sports lock-out, we're pleased to bring you 20 additional sports channels at no cost. We assure you that we are doing everything possible to restore these channels. In the meantime, you will not miss a single MLB playoff game or NFL Game. The Solutions Tab has a full list of alternative sports options available to you while we continue to negotiate with FOX.

DISH Network will continue to work tirelessly for a fair agreement in order to bring these channels back at the earliest possible time. Feel free to share your thoughts and concerns by e-mailing us at
president@dishnetwork.com. We assure you that we will read every e-mail we receive.

Thank you for your patience during this process and for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,

DISH Network
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Color me unimpressed.
Just an auto response that did not address many of the issues that concerned you.

Noticed they said you will not miss a single NFL game in the same sentence with MLB Playoff game. Really? So you are able to watch every NFL game like you are MLB Playoff game?

Funny thing is. I doubt I can actually bring myself to switch providers.
I love being loyal to companies. DISH will figure things out in a few months..

Why isn't Direct Tv having disputes over pricing? Seems to always be cheapskate Charlie. :confused:
We'll see about that when their contract with Fox comes up for renewal. You need to do your homework. Cablevision and TWC have recently had run-ins with Fox.

No, Dish wants to maintain its profit margin, so they refuse to pay any more to Fox. They could pay more and still make a profit, but Charlie doesn't want to spread the wealth around. Your rates will go up anyway because Charlie wants to make even more money. Therefore, direct your anger at Dish. Charlie is the villain.

Just an alternate take on the situation based on as much evidence as yours.

Both parties can be accused of dropping the channels; Fox because they won't let Dish broadcast them without paying more, Dish because they refuse to pay more.
Sillyness. And Murdoch is a nice guy right?

Guess not, a$$hole

haha damn!

I wanted to put myself down before anybody else did. :foot in mouth:

Yes, I have a learning disability with no college degree. I am not that smart.
:(

Sorry for my poor English and grammar. School was hard for me.

The big question is how it will affect carriage of games on Center Ice since alot of hockey is carried by FSNs. :confused:

It won't affect me at all. Because I got sick and tired of Dish's B.S. and not working deals with RSNs and left last year. So I will watch MSG's in HD, including the Buffalo Sabres, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, NJ Devils and the NY Knicks and my NHLCI with Fox's rsns, plus still get the the Yankess and NJ Nets in HD, along with the ESPN Games Zone.

New York State Subs are really screwed now if they like sports, because they basically only have the Mets, Giants and Jets. I know a lot of people at work who are pissed now and laughed at me last year when I went back to cable, because I insisted I wanted the sabres in HD. I wonder whom is laughing now.

Not into aruging but I will defend my anger towards Dish. Not Charlie, I don't know the man. I'm speaking about business, Dishnetwork.

ohhh name calling, very sheik.
Ohhh Charlies greedy,,,
Ohhhh I'm cancelling dish....
get a life.

I get a +1 here.

I often get mad at Dish for their stupid mistakes but I never cancel them.

Here I am, ranting for 5 hours... will I ever cancel dish?

Not into aruging but I will defend my anger towards Dish. Not Charlie, I don't know the man. I'm speaking about business, Dishnetwork.
So, you really want them to cave into unreasonable demands, knowing it will not stop there?

100.2 Sudden Death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)