OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

ohhh name calling, very sheik.
Ohhh Charlies greedy,,,
Ohhhh I'm cancelling dish....
get a life.

Dish is the only Sat provider Iv'e had. I have paid them alot of money for the programming & equipment I have. I'm sick of this happening every year. Get bent.

I just called to cancel the multi-sports package at $7 a month and they said that not all of the RSN channels were effected. I told them that the one's I interested in, including the one here in AZ, are effected so why should I pay for something I'm not getting.

What idiots, wanting me to pay full price for limited service.

So, you really want them to cave into unreasonable demands, knowing it will not stop there?

You know that for sure? Just because Dish says that doesn't mean it's believable. They also said Disney was being unreasonable, yet the word here is Dish owes Disney back amounts which led to Disney shutting off HD feeds. Dish is showing a stubborn precedent, and the only ones hurt are their customers.

I just got done with a dish chat session. I subscribe to the everything pack with hd platinum and the multisport pack. They are giving me three months free starz and hd platinum for my trouble.

Since Charlie is being a cheap ass, I'd demand some money from them.

Didn't Dish subs get a couple rate increases this year? FIGHT BACK! Make em pay you for your troubles.

Yeah right, Billion dollar company wants to keep their money. They won't give you anything. :tux:

I may be acting childish and stupid but I get some major credit IMO.
I predicted the drop of FX-HD like 3 months ago. I knew E*'s HD lineup was TOO good. Best in the industry, IMO. It seemed like it was too good to be true :(

So, you really want them to cave into unreasonable demands, knowing it will not stop there?

Here's my problem with Dish's position in this dispute;

Dish is trying really hard to position themselves as the noble party in this dispute, standing strong to keep our bills low from the nasty, greedy, unreasonable programmers. They're trying to make it seem like they are fighting for us.

But at the same time, Dish has imposed themselves, by far, the single largest increase EVER in how much I pay.

Therefore, I find their position rather dubious. If Dish Network was really all that concerned about the monthly cost of my bill as they claim, then they would not charge me $29.00 in fees every month.

It's not that I'm upset that Dish Network is taking a stand against Fox to keep programming rates low, but rather the sheer audacity and hypocrisy that they have to try and claim the high ground of being the ones to keep my bill low when their own fees are far, FAR worse.

hmm- let's see... and please don't mind my musings...

*Fox asks for (allegedly) 50% price Increase ("Charlie quit being so cheap", "we'll pay a little extra...")

*Assume- Dish agrees to Fox's terms (and for the sake of argument Disney's terms)

*Dish raises programming packages $10-$15 ("Charlie how dare you raise our rates", "I didn't want FX back in the first place")

*Unhappy subs drop down to the basic AT150 pack ("C'mon Charlie - put FX in the AT150")

Bet they take away Discovery channel and I'm out. give a f*** about cancellation fees.

Oh, they will take away Discovery channel. Who cares about the world and nature? Charlie needs his $200 million profit :rant:

Those channels are no replacement for those that wont be able to watch their local sports teams play. Good try dish.

I'm just hoping this doesn't have any effect on the center ice package. Most of the red wings games are on fox sports Detroit. No red wings on center ice and I'm gone. Their center ice package is the only reason I'm with dish. I have plenty of other options including fios.

I have also considered FIOS, but the last time I checked, it had only 1 channel in HD for their CI package...

hmm- let's see... and please don't mind my musings...

*Fox asks for (allegedly) 50% price Increase ("Charlie quit being so cheap", "we'll pay a little extra...")

*Assume- Dish agrees to Fox's terms (and for the sake of argument Disney's terms)

*Dish raises programming packages $10-$15 ("Charlie how dare you raise our rates", "I didn't want FX back in the first place")

*Unhappy subs drop down to the basic AT150 pack ("C'mon Charlie - put FX in the AT150")

Hard to understand (I have a learning disability) but I laughed :D

Bet they take away Discovery channel and I'm out. give a f*** about cancellation fees.

Oh, they will take away Discovery channel. Who cares about the world and nature? Charlie needs his $200 million profit :rant:

I must be dumb. Discovery is not part of this dispute. Scott am I correct in assuming that the discovery contract will not come up for renewal until 2012?

Nat geo is and like the other fox offerings it is for me pure bunk. I do agree however that discovery is important to me and may cause me to leave dish if their channels are dropped.

100.2 Sudden Death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)