OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

When these channels do return to Dish, do you think Dish will announce that they are "Dish is glad to add these great Fox channels to our HD line up as part of Dish's commitment to increasing the number of HD channels our subscribers get." :D

Ghpr13:(

That sounds about right, they will brag about "adding" new HD channels, and do the same thing when the Disney dispute is resolved, in god knows what year.
I can see the press release now

"Industry leading HD provider Dish Network LLC. adds six new HD channels"

Englewood, Col.

Dish Network the nation's leading provider of direct to home HD channels has added six exciting new high definition channels for its subscribers. The new high definition channels include News Corporation's FX and National Geographic, along with Disney's Disney Channel (east feed), Disney XD, ABC Family and ESPN News. Dish Network LLC. CEO Charles Ergen stated "Dish Network is proud to be one of the first Direct Broadcast Satellite providers in the United States to offer these channels to our subscribers, we feel that they will add value to our already exciting packages." Ergen additionally stated that "Due to our increased volume of High Definition channels, Dish Network will be forced to impose a new HD viewing fee for our subscribers, this means that we will soon provide our customers with webcams, so that we can view when they are watching HD content and add the appropriate fee for viewing."

That sounds about right, they will brag about "adding" new HD channels, and do the same thing when the Disney dispute is resolved, in god knows what year.

Englewood, Col.

Dish Network the nation's leading provider of direct to home HD channels has added six exciting new high definition channels for its subscribers. The new high definition channels include News Corporation's FX and National Geographic, along with Disney's Disney Channel (east feed), Disney XD, ABC Family and ESPN News. Dish Network LLC. CEO Charles Ergen stated "Dish Network is proud to be one of the first Direct Broadcast Satellite providers in the United States to offer these channels to our subscribers, we feel that they will add value to our already exciting packages." Ergen additionally stated that "Due to our increased volume of High Definition channels, Dish Network will be forced to impose a new HD viewing fee for our subscribers, this means that we will soon provide our customers with webcams, so that we can view when they are watching HD content and add the appropriate fee for viewing."
:haha:haha:clap:hatsoff:

I didn't lose my RSN and don't subscribe to the multi-sports package (have AT200) and none of the substitute channels are even in my all channel list in the 9600 range or in the remap area in the 400's.

If you are viewing a filtered list, those new virtual channels in the 9600 range will not show. Make sure that you select the guide button until 'All Channels' are displayed.

I'm in AZ and we lost the local Fox sports channel like a lot of the other Dish subscribers in other regions of the country. Dish (Charlie) is making a big deal that they are giving the customers affected by Fox pulling the stations the other sports channels, including the Big Ten Network, but only in SD format. As an HD for Life customer, why am I not getting the HD version of these channels? Tonight I would have been able to watch the Diamondbacks game in HD because I have HD of Life.

Anyone know the answer?

Percentages can be pretty misleading. For example. Let's say I charge you $0.10 month for something. Then all of a sudden, I ask for a 500% increase! OMG! But wait... that's still only $0.50. Obviously the carriage costs we're talking about are higher than that, but you get the idea.

OTOH, Dish increased my bill by a whopping $10/month, on a receiver I initially paid a $200 lease fee for, that I have paid $7.00/month for for 2 years ($168), and that I have paid $17.00/month for the past 9 months ($153). Therefore, for my receiver alone, I have paid $521, and I still must continue to pay $17/month for as long as I own it.

Now I'm all for keeping programming costs down, but I'd wager to say that every single programming provider could impose a "50%" increase in their carriage fees, and we STILL wouldn't be raped as bad as we've been with Dish Network's own increased fees.

That's why I find it difficult to side with Dish on these matters, even though I support taking a stance to keep programming costs under control. On the one hand, they're saying they are concerned with the costs they would pass on to their customers and painting themselves as the conquering hero keeping our bills down, but at the same time, they're raping the ever loving snot out of their customers with THEIR OWN FEES! I just find the whole thing incredibly hypocritical.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Additional FEE thing. I have not been happy with DISH since February when they started this new fee structure. Add to the additional receiver fees, the other made up fees that they rolled into them, like Tv 2 connection fee and the lesser dvr fee , and you have a mess of them that DISH can charge" Just because they can" FEES. I do think that these fees along with the new Google fee and the Sling fee will be DISH's downfall. IF these extra made up fees that DISH charges are not done away , I do feel that DISH will keep losing subs every quarter. Especially if they keep losing channels in sd and HD that people like.

Now that's a great idea, say three PPV's per week till the conflict is ended.

Well, it was worth dreaming about at least.
The 20 they are giving us aren't even in HD either.
Pretty weak.
BUT that being said, I still stand behind Dish with this.

F*** Fox.

Only problem is, if people are mad at Dish, they can cancel.
If they are mad at Fox they can ...what... right a letter that nobody will read?!?
That's where Fox has the advantage, they have little to lose. Except maybe advertisers. Maybe that's enough?!?

If you are viewing a filtered list, those new virtual channels in the 9600 range will not show. Make sure that you select the guide button until 'All Channels' are displayed.

I said they were not in my All Channel list. I assume I'm not getting them because I didn't lose my RSN which is FSN Rocky Mt. so they have no reason to substitute.

DISH Network will continue to negotiate in good faith for a fair deal with FOX to help restore the sports programming and prevent outrageous rate increases in this challenging economic environment. In the meantime, during the FOX lockout, DISH Network will make the following channels available to all affected customers at no additional charge: HD Net Movies, HD Theater, NBA TV, New England Sports Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, Altitude Sports, Big Ten Network, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic, Comcast Sports New England, ESPN Classic, FOX Sports Northwest, FOX Sports Pittsburgh, FOX Sports Rocky Mountain, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network2, SportsNet New York, and SportsTime Ohio.

That's awesome except I have the everything package with the sports package and get these anyways. What do I get to compensate me for the loss of these channels?

I may be alone in this, but I'm not in any rush to try and get a discount for the missing channels, or even for the multi-sport pack I'm playing for.

The way I see it, DISH is the party I am contracted with and the party I pay most directly. So, I would ultimately like them to win rather than lose on this. And if Dish is the only one to feel the sting, then they are likely to cave.

Whatever the merits of each side, that means higher rates for me. I can switch, but it also puts more pressure on Direct and means less choice for me as well.

This may be naive, but one way or another, I'm most affected by Dish's bottom line and I'm stuck with them for the time being, so I feel like I should do whatever little bit I can to keep them from giving in in the short term. That includes swallowing a few missing channels for a few weeks of months without getting reimbursed or emailing them to complain, I'm willing to accept it rather than encourage Dish to settle closer to Fox's terms.

+1

If only more folks could see the bigger picture instead of running around screaming about how the sky is falling.

Dish, please stick it to Fox.

Try again

You would think whoever is in charge of buying these advertising slots on Fox, etc... pays real close attention to these types of situations. So they know and probably already have a plan in place when dealing with their contract. I'm sure Fox charges based on the amount of viewers. And when you lose all the potential viewers from a national provider like Dish Network, the advertiser is not going to pay as much.

I work in TV. They buy blocks of time with est. of numbers of viewers. But if they find out that something has taken place like this in a short time period they go back to the company & ask for money back or credit against their bill. Fox sure as L won't tell them that their numbers have drop by a Million or 2.

DISH Network will continue to negotiate in good faith for a fair deal with FOX to help restore the sports programming and prevent outrageous rate increases in this challenging economic environment. In the meantime, during the FOX lockout, DISH Network will make the following channels available to all affected customers at no additional charge: HD Net Movies, HD Theater, NBA TV, New England Sports Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, Altitude Sports, Big Ten Network, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic, Comcast Sports New England, ESPN Classic, FOX Sports Northwest, FOX Sports Pittsburgh, FOX Sports Rocky Mountain, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network2, SportsNet New York, and SportsTime Ohio.

That's awesome except I have the everything package with the sports package and get these anyways. What do I get to compensate me for the loss of these channels?

You will eventually receive cheaper prices.

I must apologize to the Dish network subscribers who didn't know about Charlie Ergen and Dish network.You signed up for Dish network because of Cheaper Programming Prices this is how Dish network achieves this by playing hardball with the channel providers.
I was a Dish network subscriber from Jan.2002 to March.2006.Then I went with DirecTV for 3 years,I came back to Dish network in October.2009.I knew what to expect and all of you who have been Dish network subscribers for a longer time should know also what to expect.
Charlie Ergen is the first line of defense against higher programming costs and I give him and Dish network my full support.
We had an interruption in Fox News tonight,I had to go over and explain the situation to my in-laws(93&90) they also echoed the same support for Charlie Ergen and Dish network by saying "We can always watch another channel until the issue is resolved".
So there it is,we all want the best price we can get in the satellite industry and this is how we receive it,by giving Charlie Ergen and Dish network our full support.

Go get'em Charlie!.:)

You will eventually receive cheaper prices.

I must apologize to the Dish network subscribers who didn't know about Charlie Ergen and Dish network.You signed up for Dish network because of Cheaper Programming Prices this is how Dish network achieves this by playing hardball with the channel providers.
I was a Dish network subscriber from Jan.2002 to March.2006.Then I went with DirecTV for 3 years,I came back to Dish network in October.2009.I knew what to expect and all of you who have been Dish network subscribers for a longer time should know also what to expect.
Charlie Ergen is the first line of defense against higher programming costs and I give him and Dish network my full support.
We had an interruption in Fox News tonight,I had to go over and explain the situation to my in-laws(93&90) they also echoed the same support for Charlie Ergen and Dish network by saying "We can always watch another channel until the issue is resolved".
So there it is,we all want the best price we can get in the satellite industry and this is how we receive it,by giving Charlie Ergen and Dish network our full support.
Go get'em Charlie!.:)

I cant say Im a Charlie mark but this type of thing doesnt really bug me much. I have, what, 220 other channels to watch? Im just glad the bball season is pretty much over so I dont miss my MN Twins!

PS I would like all ESPN channels in HD at some point though! :)

One other question. What does this do to Dish subscribers who may subscribe to Center Ice? Since many of the games are from the Fox Regionals, would this issue affect that program?

Holy moly! I just looked at Dish's Facebook feed and its filled with people telling dish to go to hell and that they want their fox sports net back. Its amazing! I have been quite through this whole process, but I'm only going to say this once, and here.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :neener

I complained for months about how HDRSN's should be in full time on dish, and with out there additions, dish would ultimatly be a weaker company. Some of you couldnt see the light and gave me hell. Is ok, but I saw it coming as I'm alot closer than what everyone here knows!

Dish's face book page just proved what I have been saying all along. Happy tv watching folks. Ill be watching my ball game! :) :up

Holy moly! I just looked at Dish's Facebook feed and its filled with people telling dish to go to hell and that they want their fox sports net back. Its amazing! I have been quite through this whole process, but I'm only going to say this once, and here.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :neener

I complained for months about how HDRSN's should be in full time on dish, and with out there additions, dish would ultimatly be a weaker company. Some of you couldnt see the light and gave me hell. Is ok, but I saw it coming as I'm alot closer than what everyone here knows!

Dish's face book page just proved what I have been saying all along. Happy tv watching folks. Ill be watching my ball game! :) :up

It's your right if your not happy to go to another provider,then after your special deal ends you will be paying more for programming,so enjoy your paying for it.;)

Englewood, Col.

:hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts