OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Tuesday marks my third anniversary with Dish and I have been very pleased with the service thus far. I haven't had to deal with many of these situations in that time. Yes I lost Gol TV, but even as a soccer fan I wasn't all that impressed with it. I did lose The Weather Channel for one day earlier this year. The Disney situation didn't affect me as I have SD. I was hoping the situation with FOX could have been avoided, but it wasn't. I was probably more upset over losing MSG, because I didn't even see that one coming. But the bottom line is I have made it through one day with a truncated sports pack and I will continue to live without it in the days, or months, or (heaven forbid) years to come. I simply took all the channels out of my program guide and it becomes a case of "out of sight, out of mind".

For those fearing a loss of college football tomorrow, I counted 27 different games on my various channels, which isn't much less than a typical Saturday with a full sports pack.

I will make it through this, we all will. If you feel the need to change providers, I wish you the best and hope you enjoy your viewing experience. I prefer to stay put, this is not the end of the world and anybody who thinks it is probably needs to re-evaluate what is important in life.

Jesus, 55 pages!??!! lol Well I don't have all night to go through each post so I'll ask even if its been asked before.

I checked my guide and it still says I need to subscribe to see ESPNClassic but from what I read 30 pages ago it along with a bunch of others are being givin for free while this dispute goes on. I'm assuming I'm going to have to go ahead with my call and raise hell to not only get some sort of discount on my bill but also get this channel turned on???

By the way, is there any list of expiration dates for all of Dish's carriage agreements? I've been trying to find some info but have come up empty.

chat

Jesus, 55 pages!??!! lol Well I don't have all night to go through each post so I'll ask even if its been asked before.

I checked my guide and it still says I need to subscribe to see ESPNClassic but from what I read 30 pages ago it along with a bunch of others are being givin for free while this dispute goes on. I'm assuming I'm going to have to go ahead with my call and raise hell to not only get some sort of discount on my bill but also get this channel turned on???

Chat is better that way you have a record of it plus if it's weird you can put it here.

Sure do like to spin thing to how you think they are. The opinions on FB are just as varied as they are here. Some blaming FOX and some hating E*.

Yeah, I often wonder what kind of lame, pathetic lives people have who come on to other providers' message boards and post repeatedly about their own TV service. I haven't had Mediacom for years, and it sucked, but I never have given a thought to them, and whether they had a message board anywhere. Just by looking at topic titles, you can guess the same half dozen of so rubberneckers who will be represented immediately. Some serious insecurity issues.

My email to the CEO:

Today I no longer have Fox Sports Midwest -- and I specifically have the Top 120+ package (instead of the Top 120) to get that very channel. I am NOT happy about loosing that channel because that means missing St. Louis Cardinals baseball games as well as Missouri Tiger football (and soon to be basketball) games!!! I fully expect a $5 monthly credit until this issue gets resolved OR please downgrade me to the Top 120 package WITHOUT me paying the normal $5 fee to downgrade. Just in case you don't realize, the ONLY difference between the Top 120 and the Top 120+ is the regional sports channel (and in my case that is Fox Sports Midwest) and now I no longer get that channel! So I'm currently paying an extra $5 month for nothing -- and I cannot downgrade my package (to avoid this) without paying a $5 fee. My account number is {redacted}. I look forward to this getting corrected quickly!
I finally was able to chat and a CSR tonight, and they offered to drop me down to Top 120 without a downgrade fee. So at least I'm not paying for a RSN I'm not getting.

When my special deal ends I will still be paying less with Direct TV's lower receiver fee's and with Dish I had to get their top package to get the channels I wanted but with Direct they are all offered in their middle package.

yep same here...and I get channels with D* that I dont with E* (and I'm not talking about the pulled channels)

I add a DVR...5 bucks
my dad added a DVR...14 bucks)well actually it went up 13...we chucked a 311 and replaced it with this...7 gone + 14 added + 6 DVR fee)

Iceberg said:
I add a DVR...5 bucks
my dad added a DVR...14 bucks)well actually it went up 13...we chucked a 311 and replaced it with this...7 gone + 14 added + 6 DVR fee)

Sounds like your dad went from a single tv output box to a dual tv output box. If all he needed was a DVR and not a tv2 output, he could have gotten a 211k and paid the EHD fee and had a DVR for $7/month without the monthly DVR fee.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Direct also has a monthly DVR fee, so if your bill didn't go up by that, you already have a DVR and are paying it. That being the case, you should compare apples to apples and mention it. To do otherwise is disingenuous.

The bottom line: depending on someone's particular equipment needs, one provider might be better than the other, but there's no provider that is always better than the other.

True,
All Providers are better then Dish Network, Not just one!
:p:p:p

The declining number of subscribers will prove that fact by the End of the 3rd and 4th quarter for sure.:up

That's not true. Despite loosing a few channels Dish has a lot of channels that Directv does not. Also I pay a lot less then what I did with Directv.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

True,

The declining number of subscribers will prove that fact by the End of the 3rd and 4th quarter for sure.:up
Complete crap.
Yeah and hallelujah.
Count of three, everyone bash Charlie..........I can't hear you.....
Jackwagons....
Scott's right about people whining about losing channels are the same ones that whine when their bill goes up a little.

True,

I don't agree, but then the sports I'm interested in are not impacted by this latest fiasco. Dish still has more of the national HD that I am interested in watching that DirecTV has and my bill is less with Dish. I won't be cancelling any time soon.

Does anyone know what the music channel msg wants dish to add that dish is refusing to do so???

I can understand both sides but like others have said...dish raises prices and its ok...they say they are fighting these companies to save us money but when has my bill gone down???

I know other compaines have had disputes in the past...recent I can remember is twc and espn (they reached an agreement and no channels were lost...actually were able to add a couple of extra channels with the agreement) and directv (versus)...

but it seems like dish is always in a dispute and losing the channels...I just dont understand it...now if my bill were to go down I could justify it but it seems as if it goes up all the time, haha...im just not sure why dish is always fighting and losing channels and others are not

I did call and complain that I pay for the channels that others are getting free and at first was offered hd plat free for and starz free for 3 months...since i already pay for starz it would then bump me down to only 3 movie channels which would cost me more on my bill haha so they credited me $20 off on my bill for 3 months

All I say is this Charlie is getting what he deserves. If you want to play you have to pay. Charlie would rather piss off the subscribers and loose them just to save a few nickles. Fox is just another nail in the coffin like Disney for Dish Network. I'm waiting to see how many subscribers he looses over these two issues.

Now I know why he had to screw up c band subscriptions and has to steal away the subscribers from there. He needs to replenish the numbers he looses. Soon enough he will have no more avenues to replenish his customer base. What is he going to do then? Without subscribers you go out of business. I hope his numbers drop so low that he closes his doors just like he has done to so many providers on c band. It would be poetic justice.

By dropping all of these Fox channels, MSG and Disney channels is this how Charlie is planning to make good on his promise to get RSN's in HD fulltime by sometime next year? Now with a lost less RSN's it should be no problem.

It's your right if your not happy to go to another provider,then after your special deal ends you will be paying more for programming,so enjoy your paying for it.;)

If money were a problem most of us would have basic cable. There is a game on tonight at 6 and looks like I will not get to watch it. I don't care if it costs me a few more cents or dollars.

At least I will now have some free time to look into provider options.

I was disappointed last week when the Fox feed was SD, so I goofed around and clicked on the Alternate feeds and found the Ga. - Miss. State game in HD on Ch. 444.

Sometimes, you do get lucky on the Alternate Feeds. It's a shame they don't update in the guide. I miss things because I am too lazy to check them.

i was offered 3 free months of plat

but as im switching, they can stick it

I've been on chat for a while now, was at first offered 1 free month of Platinum HD after I explained first it was you remove my ESPN Classic, then you trash a few HD Disney, ESPN News and ABCFam channels now all these.. I was like NOPE... 3 months FOR NOW and lets get those sports channels working cause as of now I'm still on chat and still trying to get those sports channels to work.

Update: they keep telling me the sports package is unavailable at this time??? I was told to watch it for a while to see if they come up. Anyone else got them yet?!??!

Last edited:
All I say is this Charlie is getting what he deserves. If you want to play you have to pay. Charlie would rather piss off the subscribers and loose them just to save a few nickles. Fox is just another nail in the coffin like Disney for Dish Network. I'm waiting to see how many subscribers he looses over these two issues.

Now I know why he had to screw up c band subscriptions and has to steal away the subscribers from there. He needs to replenish the numbers he looses. Soon enough he will have no more avenues to replenish his customer base. What is he going to do then? Without subscribers you go out of business. I hope his numbers drop so low that he closes his doors just like he has done to so many providers on c band. It would be poetic justice.

Charlie isn't going to 'loose' anything. No worries there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)