OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

You're missing the point. I pay Dish/Fox to watch it at home.

I liken this to prohibition. When the government (Dish/Fox) banned alcohol (programming) in the 1920's, the people found other ways (illegally via streaming websites) to get their alcohol (programming). Finally, the government (Dish/Fox) gave up and the alcohol flowed again.

I like SatelliteGuys, but maybe they should, in this instance, open it up to total freedom of speech and allow people to post websites where they can watch the games THAT WE PAID FOR, until they work out their dispute.
What you fail to realize is that, even if everyone here agreed that it is OK to do this illegal act, just like many believed prohibition was wrong, does not mean they are going to allow people to post evidence of them supporting this illegal act (just like nobody was stupid enough to post fliers on the streets telling them exactly where the Speakeasies were located along with the passwords to get in).

Freedom of speech stops when said speech promotes illegal acts

#1 Did you lose your RSN in this dispute?
#2 If you did check channels 9660-9682 as the "free" channels are not at their normal numbers. Example: you would look for ESPN Classic on 9678 instead of 143.

I lost FX, National Geo, and all the other channels everyone else lost that I had... I still have my regional fox station that is local.
I've checked those upper channels and did so while on chat with CSR with nothing there.

I liken this to prohibition. When the government (Dish/Fox) banned alcohol (programming) in the 1920's, the people found other ways (illegally via streaming websites) to get their alcohol (programming). Finally, the government (Dish/Fox) gave up and the alcohol flowed again.

I like SatelliteGuys, but maybe they should, in this instance, open it up to total freedom of speech and allow people to post websites where they can watch the games THAT WE PAID FOR, until they work out their dispute.

Google.com

seriously...if you can't find it using that search engine then you won't find it...just take the time and look.

We know about Dish network,you know about Dish network, channels always disappear on Dish network then they reappear and we pay a cheaper price for programming compared to DirecTV.I don't see a problem?.:confused:
Actually, programming alone, yes? Keep in mind, few pay for programming alone. Most people do not pay that much of a difference, particularly when you start adding equipment.

For me, just having 2 rooms with both an HD DVR, and to continue to get the same channels I an currently watching (excluding the ones Dish does not even carry, like MLB), I am paying a couple of dollars less with Direct. And I am not losing channels to do so, while getting programming Dish does not offer (EI and MLBNet)

Dish takes away channels that I am paying for, but Dish is not paying for them while in dispute. Why do I have to call to get a discount. Dish should credit all their customers for the channels they remove for the period that they are not paying for them . Amen!!!

I lost Disney HD and ABC Family,...
Oh please! Disney pulled the HD for those two channels because Dish wasn't paying for the HD feed! You want all of nothing back on your bill?

I can't wait till the people who keep complaining about Dish see the similar issues with wherever they go. Bet they'll still blame "cheap Charlie" for it. Newscorp was going to pull the Fox network from Time Warner! Uverse could be seeing a number of home programming channels disappearing soon.

The TV content providers have declared war on the TV signal providers.
#1 Did you lose your RSN in this dispute?
#2 If you did check channels 9660-9682 as the "free" channels are not at their normal numbers. Example: you would look for ESPN Classic on 9678 instead of 143.
Yeah, what is with that? I went hunting for those channels, finally found them at those very high numbers.

OK DodgerKing please tell us why you believe this and what happened recently between Versus and DirecTV when Versus was not available on DirecTV?.:confused:
Because DirecTV is much more important to Fox and Dish is due to the much larger number of subs and all of the sports packages not offered on Dish, as well as the fact that DirecTV as a much greater sports fan proportion than Dish.

And Fox is much more important to DirecTV than it is to Dish. DirecTV being a much greater sports niche provider knows that they cannot get away with losing any Fox programming for even an hour, particularly RSNs.

Dish also has a history of losing more channel more often than any other provider, while the history of Direct losing channels over disputes is not very common

Finally, Dish is in this battle first. Thus they will create a price standard by which other providers can take advantage of.

As far as Versus. That was just one channel and the impact was not that great at all. First, Hockey is the least watched of our 4 major sports. Second, DirecTVs CI is much more vast than CI on any other provider, true Hockey fans still got more games and more games in HD even with Versus gone. The total impact was not that great. Third, losing one very low rated sports channels compared to local sports channels (the only way anyone can see their local team play most of the time) and losing 2 basic cable channels. The risk for the former is not as great, and Direct will never allow the latter to happen.

We know about Dish network,you know about Dish network, channels always disappear on Dish network then they reappear and we pay a cheaper price for programming compared to DirecTV.I don't see a problem?.:confused:
This is the list of Dropped channels from July 4 2007-Now.

1. DisneyHD,
  2. ESPNews HD,
  3. Disney XD HD,
  4. ABC Family HD,
  5. Weather Cast HD,
  6. Fuse,
  7. Gol,
  8. Man TV,
  9. RushHD,
  10. MonstersHD,
  11. HDNews,
  12. RaveHD,
  13. UltraHD,
  14. TreasureHD,
  15. GalleryHD,
  16. RushHD,
  17. AnimaniaHD,
  18. EquatorHD,
  19. FamilyRoomHD
  20. FilmfestHD,
  21. GameplayHD,
  22. FUHD,
  23. WorldCinemaHD,
  24. Smithsonian HD
  25. FX
  26. National Geographic
  27. MSG
  28. MSG Plus
  29. FOX Sports Arizona
  30. FOX Sports Detroit
  31. FOX Sports Florida
  32. FOX Sports Midwest
  33. FOX Sports North
  34. FOX Sports Ohio
  35. FOX Sports Oklahoma
  36. FOX Sports Southwest
  37. FOX Sports South
  38. FOX Sports West
  39. Prime Ticket
  40. SportSouth
  41. Sun Sports
  42. Fox Sports Carolinas
  43. Fox Sports Houston
  44. Fox Sports Indiana
  45. Fox Sports Kansas City
  46. Fox Sports Tennessee
  47. Fox Sports Wisconsin

Lost All Over disputes.

So that makes me think Dish is the one with the problem.
NONE of these have Reappeared, YET!

DodgerKing said:
Not anytime soon. I am 100% confident that when their contract is up, Direct will not lose any channels
Jhon69 said:
OK DodgerKing please tell us why you believe this and what happened recently between Versus and DirecTV when Versus was not available on DirecTV?
All semantics aside, DodgerKing is saying that when the Fox contract is up for renewal, that DirecTV will not lose any of those channels.

Regarding Versus, sure it was no longer on DirecTV for six months. And a couple of years back, Dish Network didn't carry it for about seven months.

All semantics aside, DodgerKing is saying that when the Fox contract is up for renewal, that DirecTV will not lose any of those channels.

And he may be right about this, but it is just conjecture. A lot of what happens in the future between the content providers and cable/sat providers is going to be decided in this timeframe.

If Dish bends over for Fox and Disney, then our bills will go up. And when those contracts come up on the other cable/sat providers, the content guys will be more intransigent because of all that is going on right now.

I agree with you, but you are sticking it to "the man" just as much of you go somewhere and watch it. I admit, I don't have your problem. FSN sold its New England outlet to Comcast, so I still get the Celtics. But I don't feel that this is prohabition. It's close to an anti-trust issue if anything. FOX is being the "Standard Oil Trust" of 100 years ago and dictating who gets their supply; however, there are legal options. You can either switch to another provider, or, like I would, go and ait with a friend or family member and watch the game over a few beers.

And he may be right about this, but it is just conjecture. A lot of what happens in the future between the content providers and cable/sat providers is going to be decided in this timeframe.

If Dish bends over for Fox and Disney, then our bills will go up. And when those contracts come up on the other cable/sat providers, the content guys will be more intransigent because of all that is going on right now.
Your bills have already gone up and you don't even have these channels now. So How many more times do you want to keep paying Dish for channels they aren't providing , But yet still hiking up the rate more the once a year.

Sorry, Im not buying the "were doing this cause we love you" bit.

If that was the case, your rates wouldn't keep rising more times in a year then your competition.

You are correct in the sense that it is simply conjecture on my part formed from induction based on observed patterns. I am confident enough with my conjecture that I will put a wager on it

Your bills have already gone up and you don't even have these channels now. So How many more times do you want to keep paying Dish for channels they aren't providing , But yet still hiking up the rate more the once a year.

Sorry, Im not buying the "were doing this cause we love you" bit.

If that was the case, your rates wouldn't keep rising more times in a year then your competition.
And comparable setups with DirecTV would be much less money instead of pretty much the same amount of money.

Sure programming packages are less expensive. The extra costs are made up by equipment and add-on fees. This is similar to my local cable company giving its subs free HD, but charging $10/month to use an HD box.

I've never had DirecTV, so I can't say much. One belief of mine is that when (NOT IF) DirecTV looses its status as the only option for the Sunday Ticket, it will experience a mass exidus of subs as well. The only reason they are #1 is because of this status. The NFL better hope that they reach a new contract with the NFLPA, because if we see a strike or lockout next season, they will have to allow cable access to the Sunday Ticket, just to get fans back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)