OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Dish needs to get their act together so that the FSN's don't end up like the YES network. Dish did have the YES network a long time ago but do to a contract dispute the channel was never played on dish again. Charlie loves to low-ball programmers. DIsh hasn't had the YES since the time I have been their which has been about 4 years.

Wasn't that piece of crap owned by steinbrenner? Or was it some fly by night operator who he just pulled the strings for? Not being a yankee fan it matters little.
Point is steinbrenner was a lot like murdoch, make money at the expense of everyone else.

DirecTv is looking better and better. :rant:

I called in yesterday; the best answer was that I would get the Platinum pack free for three months. I pay for TV, I watch FX all the time, but 10% off for three months is suposed to rectivy the problem.

Looks like I am DirecTv bound.

You know, DirecTV and HBO are having somewhat of a dispute. If I can dig it up later, I will.

I know, I started a thread on it. What its mostly about is HBO blaims Directv for low subscriber numbers, and not promoting HBO the way HBO feels it should be.
And of course D* blaims HBO because of its lack of content and price.

Not about D* not liking the price. And we still have them , In fact we just got HBO Zone and HBO 2 in HD.

jonesy99 said:
Couldnt have said it better.
So by not putting the subs in the line of fire essentially they're caving or at best negotiating a smaller increase.
There's still a dispute, so I'm not so sure "they're caving"...
jonesy99 said:
Charlie's taking a chance pissing off subs sure, but I'd rather see that than just a price increase an no real explanation.
When the dust settles and the ink starts drying, hardly anyone knows who caved. So it is simply a matter of conjecture, because when the agreement is reached, there is "no real explanation".

Hemi 6.1 said:
I know, I started a thread on it. What its mostly about is HBO blaims Directv for low subscriber numbers, and not promoting HBO the way HBO feels it should be.
Thanks, Hemi.

That's the nature of the dispute. I'll have to go back to the article, but it does boil down to the fact that DirecTV doesn't want to attempt to promote HBO and sign up more customers until they get a better contract.

How about we keep it clean. I'm not calling you guys names. And Bob not running around here calling you or anyone else out.

I also don't see Bob with another members name in his signature, Thats mature! And I'm sure you know who you are.:rolleyes:

Making it personal is the Last but unusefull attempt at avoiding the truth.

Fact is More channels are gone, AGAIN from E*.

When is enough enough???

Good Lord, Hemi. You are taking all of this too seriously. I was just jokin' around with you. Lighten UP!!!

There's still a dispute, so I'm not so sure "they're caving"...When the dust settles and the ink starts drying, hardly anyone knows who caved. So it is simply a matter of conjecture, because when the agreement is reached, there is "no real explanation".

Not really the point there is it? But you can bet that when Dtv bills go up as a result of some unreported contract, all the peeps singing their praises will be silent.........
Two different philosophies there, one lets the subs do the talking when they pull channels, the other says nothing and passes the cost on to you.

Not really the point there is it? But you can bet that when Dtv bills go up as a result of some unreported contract, all the peeps singing their praises will be silent.........
Two different philosophies there, one lets the subs do the talking when they pull channels, the other says nothing and passes the cost on to you.
We Know out Bill is Going up $3-5 in March.
But Dish on the other hand, You Never know what to expect,and how many to expect,and what package to expect it in.

And of course D* blaims HBO because of its lack of content and price.

Not about D* not liking the price. And we still have them , In fact we just got HBO Zone and HBO 2 in HD.

If HBO cared about selling their services they would have promoted them on C band more. On C band you still till the end of the year can get every HBO and Max out there in SD. After Jan 1 the Comcast HITS HBO Max W5 mux is better than Dish and Direct still for channel numbers. As I write this C band is still the king for movies. :up

I guess I have to ask this again. Are there any sources out there where we can find out the expiration dates of all of DISH's carriage agreements? My searches have turned up empty thus far.

Because of the Fox thing AND the MSG thing I have set up an install with D*. (keeps this on topic :) )
And for whoever it was that said you pay more for D* .... and I know this depends on what you watch so bear with me ... that isn't apparently so any more. I've watched the pricing over several years (yes years) and never switched because it would have cost me a fortune in up-front and would have been more per month.

Now I'm switching to D* and chose a package that most closely approximates my current E* package. Choice Ultimate. A pair of HR24 HD DVRs (that was a $99 upgrade fee up front because they were offering 1 HD DVR and 1 HD receiver for free), Whole Home DVR. I owe E* an early termination fee of $100. Applying all available discounts and taking into account the $100 equipment upgrade for D* and the termination fee owed to E* I will save about $400 the first 12 months. When all promos and discounts are gone in the second 12 months, my bill will be about $3 less than what I'm currently paying E*.

I'm not pitting E* against D* here as I have no ill will towards E*. Just stating fact based on my situation and I know there is some room for variance with everyone wanting different things.

Ain't it nice to have choices? Just go with what works for you. No need to slam this one or that one.

I guess I have to ask this again. Are there any sources out there where we can find out the expiration dates of all of DISH's carriage agreements? My searches have turned up empty thus far.
That's not the kind of thing businesses make public.

jonesy99 said:
You're missing the point, competely. If Dish Network and Fox signed an agreement tonight, who won?

Generally, we won't know...
jonesy99 said:
Dish Network has never pulled ESPN. Therefore, because Dish Network agrees, they are passing the cost on to you?

I can't believe that Americans will quietly sit by and allow their tv prices to be raised at a rate many time that of inflation just so they can see a ball game!

If it weren't for Charlie Ergan and some of the BUD (C-band) providers trying to put the brakes on programming prices all these years, we'd probably already be paying close to $1 per channel (after averaging).

People who are whining about moving to D* or cable as a result of E* fight with Fox or Disney should just go on and do it.

It's sad that tv (especially sports channels) seems to be worth more to some people than the money that could be used to improve other (more important) aspects of our lives!

TV programming - It's all overpriced!

I can't believe that Americans will quietly sit by and allow their tv prices to be raised at a rate many time that of inflation just so they can see a ball game!

If it weren't for Charlie Ergan and some of the BUD (C-band) providers trying to put the brakes on programming prices all these years, we'd probably already be paying close to $1 per channel (after averaging).

People who are whining about moving to D* or cable as a result of E* fight with Fox or Disney should just go on and do it.

It's sad that tv (especially sports channels) seems to be worth more to some people than the money that could be used to improve other (more important) aspects of our lives!

TV programming - It's all overpriced!

Give that man a BOX of cigars!;)

dntc0x said:
That's right, because it is a proven fact that whining makes prices fall.

We Know out Bill is Going up $3-5 in March.
But Dish on the other hand, You Never know what to expect,and how many to expect,and what package to expect it in.

LOL! You don't know how much D* will raise your bill in March, you are totally guessing based on past performance which has absolutely nothing to do with the next increase.

Again, let me remind you that after this year's huge receiver fee increases and programming increases Dish is about the same cost as DTV for a larger percentage of viewers. The one who tends to pull channels in very public disputes isn't saving most of it's subs any money anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts