OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Dish's response to the FOX dispute on their website includes 7 different links to websites stating their side of the case.

I tried to access www.DISHWillContinueToFightForCustomers.com from a work computer, but it was blocked with the message

[SIZE=+1]Blocked URL: DISH VS Fox
Category: Suspicious[/SIZE]

I guess they're right, that does seem mighty suspicious. :D

Again, let me remind you that after this year's huge receiver fee increases and programming increases Dish is about the same cost as DTV for a larger percentage of viewers. The one who tends to pull channels in very public disputes isn't saving most of it's subs any money anymore.

huge fee increases? last time I looked, my dvr fee was the same 6 bucks it had been for quite a while.
We can argue this til the moon turns green and it wont matter a lick to me. I'd rather have a guy like Charlie negotiating than a spineless wannabe more concerned about hurting someones feelings.
One way or another, we all pay regardless of who we go with, it;s just free enterprise.

America's Top 250
$64.99

HD Solo Receiver
$7.00

HD 250
$10.00

DVR Service
$6.00

HD Platinum
$10.00

Now way back in 99 when I got with dish, I recall having two receivers and the extra receiver fee was 5 bucks, so it went up 2 bucks in 11 years? Finding it hard to complain there.

Yeah, the one where the cost for additional HD dual-tuner DVRs jacked up to $17.

See: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...at-recap-january-14-2010-a-2.html#post2074527

Sucks to be you then. 'additional hd dual-tuner dvrs' sorta explains that. I only got one. If you actually need to be able to record four things at once then fine.
My other box is a 211 with ehd acting as a dvr, hence no dvr fee.
It's never about what you can do here is it, it's always about what you WANT to do.

huge fee increases? last time I looked, my dvr fee was the same 6 bucks it had been for quite a while.
We can argue this til the moon turns green and it wont matter a lick to me. I'd rather have a guy like Charlie negotiating than a spineless wannabe more concerned about hurting someones feelings.
One way or another, we all pay regardless of who we go with, it;s just free enterprise.

I have a similar package. 250, + a solo receiver and the 722 dvr and I pay 77.99/mo.

Sucks to be you then. 'additional hd dual-tuner dvrs' sorta explains that. I only got one. If you actually need to be able to record four things at once then fine.
My other box is a 211 with ehd acting as a dvr, hence no dvr fee.
It's never about what you can do here is it, it's always about what you WANT to do.
So your saying your bill since 2000 has only went up $2.

ok I just heard a quick blurb on FOX NEWS a message advising swapping providors as FOX might be dropped

If they drop FOX I'm out and I have been through all of the shi# in the past.

Sucks to be you then.
Not anymore. I voted with my wallet and took my business to DirecTV a few months back.

I got an HR24 for each of my HD TVs, and with the networked DVR setup I can watch recordings on either TV regardless of which DVR recorded the show.

So my DVR setup improved, I've been able to watch every Twins game on Fox Sports North in HD, and surprisingly I'm saving a boatload of cash in the process.

After 7 years with Dish I wanted to stay loyal, but switching ended up being a great decision.

fox or foxnews or both? The locals dont matter to me, piss on murdoch.

FOX and it didn't say news but it basically showed AI and Baseball or nascar or whatever as FOX carries that and football too right

that's the straw that will make me move and if foxnews goes I also won't stay on DISH. I do not watch CNN or MSNBC, etc

DISH is fu$ked if they let this happen

Since I get locals ota as well as dish it matters little. fxnews has some entertainment value for liberal bashing.
Does anyone here think that dish is going to keep these off the lineup forever?

I can't get it OTA though due to friggin trees and a hill and 35 miles also does not help to the nearest station/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts