OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

A lot of subs, especially the ones under contract are a fickle bunch, the only reason they would sign with anyone is that they thought it was best for them at the time, be it for sports or otherwise. They are most likely making the most noise about losing some $1.98 rsn.
I just have a hard time seeing fox as the good guys here. This agreement if it ever comes will set a precedent in the industry no matter how it turns out.

why is everyone making fox out to be the bad guy?
al they are asking for is what they think thier serice is worth.
its capitalism, and business.
if others are paying that much why shouldnt dish?
if no on pays that much then they will change thier priceing
let the market work it out

if people want it they will talk with thier wallets by leaving dish and going to someone that has it.

if you really want to lower the price talk to the sports leagues
maybe if the rights didnt cost so much they price wouldnt go up

I don't have a problem with them wanting to get what they think their channels are worth. The problem I have is their strong-arm techniques. They should be negotiating in the back rooms, not in media and in public. Leave the channels on during the negotiations and negotiate in good faith. Leave US out of the negotiations. But NO, they are using shady tactics and their one-sided website to convince the public that they are right and dish is wrong. Also, their continuous posts on facebook and twitter that Dish Network dropped their channels when it was the opposite.

I don't have a problem with them wanting to get what they think their channels are worth. The problem I have is their strong-arm techniques. They should be negotiating in the back rooms, not in media and in public. Leave the channels on during the negotiations and negotiate in good faith. Leave US out of the negotiations. But NO, they are using shady tactics and their one-sided website to convince the public that they are right and dish is wrong. Also, their continuous posts on facebook and twitter that Dish Network dropped their channels when it was the opposite.

this happens all the time, most people call it a strike
sooooo when a labor union does its ok?
when a corp does it its greed/shady?

This really sucks. This weekend will be the second straight weekend of no Football because of FSN. I don't use my dish for much but FSN is probably 25% of my viewing for football and baseball. So dreading that 24mo contract in January. I singed up for choice+ and now I get no +. Does this void my contract then?

This really sucks. This weekend will be the second straight weekend of no Football because of FSN. I don't use my dish for much but FSN is probably 25% of my viewing for football and baseball. So dreading that 24mo contract in January. I singed up for choice+ and now I get no +. Does this void my contract then?

No.

There is no package with Dish Network listed as Choice +?.:confused:

No. If this dispute does not get settled in the next few weeks, I will be forced to pay the ETF. I will then walk away and never, ever look back at E* again! I hope it doesn't come to this.

Ed

No. If this dispute does not get settled in the next few weeks, I will be forced to pay the ETF. I will then walk away and never, ever look back at E* again! I hope it doesn't come to this.

Ed
It has come to this for many. It will be a few months before we know how many have abandoned Dish because of this fiasco but I think the numbers will be much higher than we imagine.

Press your guide button on your remote control until it says"All Channels" at the top of the guide.Then while your still in the guide enter the numbers 9000.You should be able to find some sports to watch among those channels.;)

Ed

This may be my only option too. I have stuck with Dish for a long time because of the Center Ice package and seeing a lot of the Red Wings games in HD. Now that I am being robbed of that option, I may have to leave. I am going to try a 5 day trial of NHL Gamecenter (internet) to see what the picture quality is like on my 50" plasma. If it is acceptable, I may go that route until Dish resolves its issue with Fox.

I really don't want to leave Dish because I've been very happy with the service and equipment they have. I just wish they'd put the customer first in these situations instead of using us as a bargaining tool to save some $$$

I am looking at DirecTV

I have been with Dish for 10 years and I never thought I would seriously look at DirecTV but I am now. My team has not been blacked out with the Fox/Dish dispute, but I LOVE college football, especially watching Pac10 games late on Saturday evenings on Fox Sports Net. We get only about 13 or 14 weekends of college football per year. You cannot get them back and Dish is robbing us of those precious few weekends. They talk about "protecting" the customer but they are protecting their margins. They don't have a lot of pricing power here because if they raise rates too high, people will defect to DirecTV, Fios, U-verse, or cable. There are choices. This is about them protecting their margins at the expense of the customer. So I am looking at Diret. Turns out I can get just about all the channels I care about at a lower tier and I can get all three rooms I wanted wired hooked up. Right now I have a single box in my living room that has a cable run through the wall to my home office so no independent tuning of the two sets. I also like the Whole Home DVR concept. So Dish may have stasrted to save money, but by pushing me to look at other options, I may have found service offerings that better suit my needs. Throw in that my company gets an extra $10 off per month with DrecTV (not enough to make switch on its own) and I may well be gone. Have to do a little more research but I am starting to lean.

This may be my only option too. I have stuck with Dish for a long time because of the Center Ice package and seeing a lot of the Red Wings games in HD. Now that I am being robbed of that option, I may have to leave. I am going to try a 5 day trial of NHL Gamecenter (internet) to see what the picture quality is like on my 50" plasma. If it is acceptable, I may go that route until Dish resolves its issue with Fox.

I really don't want to leave Dish because I've been very happy with the service and equipment they have. I just wish they'd put the customer first in these situations instead of using us as a bargaining tool to save some $$$

center is is on most networks, cable, dish, direct
ive even got a free preview until oct 24th

this happens all the time, most people call it a strike
sooooo when a labor union does its ok?
when a corp does it its greed/shady?

What they are doing goes beyond a simple strike/lockout.

I am ok with strikes when they only impact the parties that are involved. I am against strikes that impact a third party significantly (like sports strikes). This is one such strike (lockout).

But they are not just locking out Dish Network. They are smearing Dish Network in public and trying "extort" them. (Note, this is not at the level of actual extortion, but they are usual intimidation to secure what they want.)

You realize that CI is on most providers and CI on Direct shows many more games, many more duel feeds, and many many times more HD than on other providers, including Dish?

What they are doing goes beyond a simple strike/lockout.

I am ok with strikes when they only impact the parties that are involved. I am against strikes that impact a third party significantly (like sports strikes). This is one such strike (lockout).

But they are not just locking out Dish Network. They are smearing Dish Network in public and trying "extort" them. (Note, this is not at the level of actual extortion, but they are usual intimidation to secure what they want.)

all strikes are types of extortion and affect people other then the parties involved (ie suppliers, clients, ect). picketing is the same as what a website ect.

both parties are guilty of smearing. they should just release the old contract, and the new one and let the people decide.

center is is on most networks, cable, dish, direct
ive even got a free preview until oct 24th

I have been watching the free preview on Dish and I'm dissapointed since they can't offer as many red wings HD games due to the dispute.

Cable/Fios has the package, but they get the package from InDemand and only have 1 HD game a night. Dish (when they aren't disputing with Fox) and Direct have the ability to show multiple HD games a night leading to the Wings being in HD on CI 95-99% of the time.

So the only options I'm willing to pay for are Dish or Direct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)