OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Things must be getting worse, Fox Chicago just ran a big ad right before the NFL game saying that you will loose your fox station (WFLD) if your a dish network coustomer, and call to switch. Then they showed the phone numbers of Directv, Uverse, and Comcast allong with the get what I paid for site.

This was aired on my local fox station. WFLD
I saw that too. I have Comcast locals in addition to my Dish Network subscription, so it would only be a minor inconvenience for me, but I imagine that all hell would break lose if Fox Chicago was removed from Dish Network. I can't see either side allowing the dispute to get that far.

Just gave myself a $20 a month discount by moving from 250 to 200 and canceling HD Platinum. I didn't want to play CS roulette and waste my time wrangling a deal for the channels that are in dispute but are still being charged for. Might go back when/if the Disney and Fox situation is settled but then again, might decide to give myself a $53.00/month discount by canceling Dish altogether and go OTA.

One way to put an end to the greed being exhibited on both sides of the dispute.

:up

I'd love to have a 50 tower! $$$
My local fox is safe, furtunately, because fox is one of the channels that I can't get OTA.

I have next best thing to a tower. We live on top pf a glacial drumlin outside of Rochester NY. At 600 ft above sea level, it's the highest roadway in the county. With a rotor and an amp I get great reception OTA from Rochester (~25 miles and Syracuse (~50 miles). I can sometimes get Buffalo OTA (~90 miles).

I have next best thing to a tower. We live on top pf a glacial drumlin outside of Rochester NY. At 600 ft above sea level, it's the highest roadway in the county. With a rotor and an amp I get great reception OTA from Rochester (~25 miles and Syracuse (~50 miles). I can sometimes get Buffalo OTA (~90 miles).

After removing an amp that apparently has been over-blowing my signals for years, I am now getting the DFW DMA (~75 mi) OTA with signal strengths in the upper 90's. Sweet!

I've been looking out for Rohn 25G tower sections... and came across one on Craigslist... 50' including embedded section and top section. He wanted $100 but it was sold by the time I talked to him. That would have been sweet!

I don't know if A La Carte has been mentioned before but, there disputes are an ever increasing reason for there to be the option to pick the channels you want - and only those you want.

I created a petition, and although I would think I will never see the goal or that anything will come of it, I don't mind trying. Sign if you want.

A La Carte For All - Sign the Petition | Change.org

Look here!

Dish slams Fox for programming dispute ads - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK (Reuters) –Dish has criticized Fox Networks for trying to scare customers with an advert linking its ongoing dispute over the loss of Fox's sports channels on September 30 with a separate dispute that could see Dish lose Fox local stations by month end.

Fox, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's news corps has been running advertising in local newspapers warning Dish customers that the loss of Fox's 19 regional sports, FX and National Geographic networks could soon be followed by the loss of local Fox stations whose current contract expires on October 31.

Dish's top programing executive Dave Shull said on Thursday it was "inappropriate" for anyone to make any connection between the two disputes.
"These are separate arrangements and anyone trying to make a connection between the two is simply trying to scare our customers," Shull said in an interview.

He declined to comment directly on the Fox negotiations for local stations retransmission carriage because the current contract has yet to expire.
Dish's subscribers lost Fox's regional sports networks, FX and National Geographic on October 1 after Dish refused to agree to what it claimed was a 50 percent increase in programing fees by Fox.

Fox insiders have denied Fox is demanding a fee increase as high as 50 percent. Talks came to an impasse last Thursday as both sides pushed back hard on their respective demands.

"We're not asking anything from Dish that we're not already receiving from our other partners," said Mike Hopkins, the Fox senior executive leading the negotiations across the table from Shull.
He said the ads were a way to inform Fox Viewers of the possibility they could miss their favorite shows such as 'Glee,' 'House' and NFL football games.
"It would be worse if we didn't let them know," Hopkins said.

Last edited:
I saw Dish run a commercial saying they are giving me the multi-sports pack free as a result of this dispute with Fox. Question is, then why didnt I have the Redzone channel available yesterday afternoon? Is that not included in the multisports pack?

fyi, i just talked to dish to cancel
and was told the stations will be back
also they have not dropped any channels this year for more then a week or 2

Really ... ?

I e-mailed Dish and they claim FOX wants a 50% increase in fees. I asked for a credit for channels I'm not receiving any more, they told me they would give me 15 sports networks for free. AWESOME!!! I'm not a sports fan!!

Jeff

I called them and asked for a credit for channels I'm no longer receiving, and they gave me a $10 credit. Screw the 15 sports networks for free. If they don't resolve this matter soon, I'm gonna jump ship to Direct. Tired of the lies from Charlie and Company. No rate increase in February this year ... no, wait ... they waited till April. I just LOVE how they treat long-term customers ... ten years of this is enough

Dish says they are providing 20 additional channels at 9660 to9682. That is a lie. Most of those channels have message 744 saying they are not available for viewing in my area.

Look here!

Dish slams Fox for programming dispute ads - Yahoo! News

Fox insiders have denied Fox is demanding a fee increase as high as 50 percent..

"We're not asking anything from Dish that we're not already receiving from our other partners," said Mike Hopkins, the Fox senior executive leading the negotiations across the table from Shull.

This is what I find interesting!

So Charlie BS'ing again, Or is FOX??

This is what I find interesting!

So Charlie BS'ing again, Or is FOX??

The truth is in the middle. Ie we want the same price but charge you the $1.00 per sub for all of your sub. Last year we only collected on 100 of your sub base well this year we think all of your sub should see our programs so we are going to charge for all of your 200 subs thus a 50% increase to dish, while fox is asking the same per sub.

This is all word double talk or half truths

Ps fox is not telling dish what sub service the programs should be on just how much fox will charge dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts