OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

You said nothing to proves or even hints that either side is lying.

I BELIEVE both sides are spinning the truth in their favor by only focusing on certain aspects that make them look good and the other look bad. I cannot opine on whether either side is actually lying as I have nothing to go on that would lead me to make such a conjecture or conclusion

In the article I quoted, Fox said Dish pulled the channels. Dish said FOX pulled the channels. Then Dish added 22 channels including some of the fox channels. Why would they pull the channels then add some back. I tend to believe Fox pulled the channels . I also believe they got upset that Dish added some back
and changed the blackout rules to keep Dish customers from getting their team's games.

{Said DISH spokeswoman Francie Bauer: “On October 1, because we were unable to reach a fair agreement with Fox, Fox yanked those stations off the air. We didn’t drop them. They pulled it. We even asked them to keep the channels up while we continued to negotiate, and they flatly refused that offer.”}

Didn't she play Aunt Bee on "The Andy Griffith Show"?:D

Ghpr13:)

I e-mailed Dish and they claim FOX wants a 50% increase in fees. I asked for a credit for channels I'm not receiving any more, they told me they would give me 15 sports networks for free. AWESOME!!! I'm not a sports fan!!

Jeff

In the article I quoted, Fox said Dish pulled the channels. Dish said FOX pulled the channels. Then Dish added 22 channels including some of the fox channels. Why would they pull the channels then add some back. I tend to believe Fox pulled the channels . I also believe they got upset that Dish added some back
and changed the blackout rules to keep Dish customers from getting their team's games.
What article?
Here is Fox's statement: http://getwhatipaidfor.com/press
I do not see where Fox is claiming Dish pulled the channels.

He probably meant HDNet Movies which is only in the Platinum package and is currently taking the place of FX. ATM, we get it for free. HD Theater is another premium we're getting for free in place of Nat Geo. I'm happier with the current arrangement as well.

You are correct that we had HDNet all along.

A DISH CSR told me that NBA League Pass is not affected by the current disputes, however if they don't get MSG, the Fox Sports networks, etc back won't they end up showing those channels on the league pass in SD only? I'm thinking I'll have to call D* to get the league pass. I'm not shelling $179 just to watch SD. I get more confused the longer these disputes go on. :confused:

Things must be getting worse, Fox Chicago just ran a big ad right before the NFL game saying that you will loose your fox station (WFLD) if your a dish network coustomer, and call to switch. Then they showed the phone numbers of Directv, Uverse, and Comcast allong with the get what I paid for site.

This was aired on my local fox station. WFLD

A DISH CSR told me that NBA League Pass is not affected by the current disputes, however if they don't get MSG, the Fox Sports networks, etc back won't they end up showing those channels on the league pass in SD only? I'm thinking I'll have to call D* to get the league pass. I'm not shelling $179 just to watch SD. I get more confused the longer these disputes go on. :confused:

That's exactly what they are doing for Center Ice currently. If its an FSN feed that is in dispute, it'll be SD only as that is the only feed that inDemand transmits. The ability to provide an HD feed is at the discretion of the rebroadcaster (Dish) if they have the HD feed available to them. And as we know, they do not.

Edit: Found out IND does not provide the transmission for Dish - just cable co's.

Last edited:
I thought ESPN Classic was being provided as one of the replacement channels, yet I am still told I need to pay extra for it and am unable to watch it. What's up with that?

I thought ESPN Classic was being provided as one of the replacement channels, yet I am still told I need to pay extra for it and am unable to watch it. What's up with that?

It depends a bit on what your subscription level is. It wasn't given to all subscription levels as well as I can determine.

Things must be getting worse, Fox Chicago just ran a big ad right before the NFL game saying that you will loose your fox station (WFLD) if your a dish network coustomer, and call to switch. Then they showed the phone numbers of Directv, Uverse, and Comcast allong with the get what I paid for site.

yea. that was the first thing I ever heard about this crap too as soon as the game started.

Bears up 17-3 :)

I'm getting what was the silver package when first got dish and was getting ESPN classic until they changed it a couple months ago. I thought I should be able to again get it. (Although it doesn't make up for losing Sons of Anarchy!!!)

Has anyone actually lost their local Fox station as a result of this yet? I was under the understanding that this deadline would be November 1.

Don't you think this is just more scare tactics. While it's a potential threat, I still can't believe that either side would allow the local network to be pulled.

On that note, has a network ever been pulled from DISH?

120inna55 said:
On that note, has a network ever been pulled from DISH?
Viacom, when they not only owned the MTV and Nickelodeon suites, also owned CBS. The signals were dark somewhere between 2 to 4 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)