OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I haven't seen this posted in any other thread, but I was on the Dish Network site this morning looking at the comparison guide, and when I look at it, a bunch of the FOX RSN's aren't listed, FX is not listed, nor is the National Geographic channel. And on the first page, there are a bunch of starred out channels.

DISH Network - Packages - Comparison - 1.800.823.4929

Am I looking too much into this, or is this a sign that a deal might not be reached?

Attachments

• RSN.jpg
    RSN.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,889
Interesting... guess i can kiss FSN goodbye and plan on not having a party to watch my local team play on FSN this weekend.. Thanks Dish and Fox... what a bunch of creeps!

Does anyone know if the two RSNs in LA (FSN West and Primeticket) are among those being dropped? When I looked up local channels, it still listed these two as available in my area.

BTW, why does Dish's website require a complete address to look up locals, while Direct's only requires a zip code?

I haven't seen this posted in any other thread, but I was on the Dish Network site this morning looking at the comparison guide, and when I look at it, a bunch of the FOX RSN's aren't listed, FX is not listed, nor is the National Geographic channel. And on the first page, there are a bunch of starred out channels.

DISH Network - Packages - Comparison - 1.800.823.4929

Am I looking too much into this, or is this a sign that a deal might not be reached?

Zippy,

I looked at the chart you posted and you show a bunch of channels that are not owned by FOX. First off, the ESPN suite of channels is owned by Disney, Second G4 is owned by Comcast. The Fox Networks that are in jeopardy is most of the RSN's, except for the Rainbow channels (MSG, MSG+) and a couple of others, then you have Fox News, Fox Business Channel, FX, Fox Soccer Channel, but with that said I'm not sure all of the Fox Networks are in jeopardy.

I seriously doubt you will see a shutoff of the channels, and if there is one it will only last a couple of days. Dish can't afford to lose the channels as their subscribers will be beyond upset and cause A LOT of Churn. Secondly Dish has A LOT of subscribers and Fox Networks will lose A LOT of advertising revenue.

In the end you will likely see some PR spin from both companies at the last minute to say, "We are very happy to announce an agreement as been forged that is in the best interest of BOTH companies."

John

Yes both of your FSN's will be gone... I just chatted with Dish and the CSR had no clue that these channels were missing. He did say that he personally thinks that Fox is bluffing and wont pull the channels... they will most likely accept the extension, but who knows. I think i agree... fox will have a bunch of advertiser's pissed off at them if millions of Dish customers arent seeing the commercials they have already paid for... Guess we can just wake up tomorrow and see what happened!

If my Foxsportnorth goes away, so will my dishnetwork, as a huge hometown sports fan, it is by far my favorite channel. Screw Dishnetwork and Fox for once again hurting the end user!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

I believe this may have been answered in another thread, but I just wanted to ask whether or not we will be losing the regular local FOX channel? I don't want to miss FOX football on Sunday.

Does anyone know for sure?

I haven't followed this situation that closely, but it's likely that there are several contracts covering Fox channels. This one is expiring. We'll deal with this all over again when the next one expires, and so on.

I viewed the Fox propaganda website over these channels recently, and I can only shake my head: both sides are at fault, yet both will simply blame the other, while the customer is the one that actually suffers as a result.

And yet, this will only get worse. If you think Dish enjoys playing hardball now, wait until Comcast officially gets its hands on NBC and those contracts start expiring. :(

I haven't followed this situation that closely, but it's likely that there are several contracts covering Fox channels. This one is expiring. We'll deal with this all over again when the next one expires, and so on.

I viewed the Fox propaganda website over these channels recently, and I can only shake my head: both sides are at fault, yet both will simply blame the other, while the customer is the one that actually suffers as a result.

And yet, this will only get worse. If you think Dish enjoys playing hardball now, wait until Comcast officially gets its hands on NBC and those contracts start expiring. :(

Looks like moving into my new house will be a great reason to bid farewell to Dish.

No your local FOX channels are nto going away nor are channels like FOX News, Fox Business, Nat Geo Wild etc...

Just FX, Nat Geo, and the FOX owned FSN networks.

I wouldnt trust anything from any FSN's twitter accounts.. they are doing what they have been doing.. trying to scare you, so you go complain to Dish.

Interesting note...the comparison guide is missing the channels, but if you click on any package they belong to, it shows FX or NatGeo or the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)