OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

I left DirecTV for Dishnetwork.

I don't wanna go back to DirecTV, I want to try somebody new.
Then I could judge 3 different providers ;)

Well it seems MSG is pulling the same crap Murdoch did. Dish is now giving us all the the non fox owned sports channels for nothing. Not that it matters much since all I can get here is stupid mets games lol.

i told dishstore to expect alot of calls, so get to it people!

Wouldn't really help me. What could the CSR say to help me?
"We're sorry, but we can not offer these channels to you now. We do not know when we will be able to offer them to you again." etc.

I don't want to bitch out a random CSR. They're only doing their job, their not the CEO. The CSR had no control or saying in this matter.

I'm a receptionist, I know how it is when callers call and bitch me out. I'm on the bottom of the totem pole, bitch to the managers! :angel:

Wouldn't really help me. What could the CSR say to help me?
"We're sorry, but we can not offer these channels to you now. We do not know when we will be able to offer them to you again." etc.

I don't want to bitch out a random CSR. They're only doing their job, their not the CEO. The CSR had no control or saying in this matter.

I'm a receptionist, I know how it is when callers call and bitch me out. I'm on the bottom of the totem pole, bitch to the managers! :angel:

He is talking about DishStore not Dish Network. Dish Store is a Dish Network and DirecTv retailer. You could call them to switch to DirecTv.

Geez..I just signed up with Dish 3 months ago...I'm assuming it'll cost a lot to back out now?

I need my FX, FSN, and starting Nov 1 I'm going to be needing my FOX.

Sure,you gonna pay for my install and whatever package i choose for six months? Not to mention crappy dvrs?
Install is free and the DVRs are not crappy. In fact, they can do more than the VIPs, and the HR24 is just as good in performance as the VIPs. The only issue is the HR21 through HR23 can be very slow at times

I have like 14 small avatar sized Anti Dishnetwork images I could post later.
They were created during the April Fools HD Charlie drama. Anybody remember that? ha

Why is DISH always the villan?

In the current dispute Fox is asking for higher prices for its channels.
DISH Network is tring to keep its prices lower for customers. FOX is the villan here, direct your anger towards them.

DISH Network is tring to keep its prices lower for customers. FOX is the villan here, direct your anger towards them.

if they can come to a resolution, and the channels dont come back, do you think the price will go down?

did it go down when the last 4 channels were taken away? NO

I predict that DISH will get them back before 2011 because of how popular and mainstream those channels are.

Like.. what if DISH did not offer HBO, Starz, and Showtime? They would loose 200k subs or what not.

I think this will blow over. i.e. why does their guide still have the channels listed? why does their website still have the channels listed? We're speaking about a multi billion dollar company. If they were going to permanently delete FX, I'm sure it would be removed from the guide.

:mad:

Not to hate on you. Just typing away :)

Because they did not ask me for my preference? i.e. I get a statement in the mail saying "If you would like to keep this channel, you need to pay an extra $20/month. If you do not pay, we will not be offering this channel." etc.

Who knows, maybe some wealthy people would pay $100/month JUST for FX.

I've read in a few different posts that people think that it won't have any effect on Center Ice. Their reasoning was because Dish doesn't have deals with a few local sports networks yet the games will show up in the sport's packages (Center Ice, League Pass, etc...).
They show games on TSN, CBC and SportsNet, all networks that Dish Network doesn't carry and are in Canada, so it quite possible this won't affect the Tickets. You aren't paying for the channel, but for the game.

if they can come to a resolution, and the channels dont come back, do you think the price will go down?

did it go down when the last 4 channels were taken away? NO
Didn't Disney take back the HD signals because Dish wasn't paying for them? If they weren't paying additional, then they aren't saving anything by not showing them.

There's a lot of posts here so this may have been mentioned. This dispute can be resolved by Dish agreeing to carry these channels at Fox's rate but only for those willing to pay to watch these channels. Yes, it's ala cart for Fox's channels. I doubt Fox would agree to this because they would prefer to charge Dish subscribers for channels they don't watch.
This should mean the Dish monthly rate will go down the amount Fox previously charged and go up proportionally for subscribers depending on how many (if any) of the Fox channels they want.
This isn't gonna happen because Fox is too greedy.

I'm a receptionist, putting the phone on "night" :eek: and calling DISH to ask the status of my 2 year contract (got an extra ViP622 a year back, had to renew my contact?)

Okay... As of now, I still see FX and the Nat Geo channels on my guide... Thought they were gonna be gone by today?

Or...? What exactly is going on? Is it just the sports stuff? Or are Nat Geo and FX still on the line?

No, Dish wants to maintain its profit margin, so they refuse to pay any more to Fox. They could pay more and still make a profit, but Charlie doesn't want to spread the wealth around. Your rates will go up anyway because Charlie wants to make even more money. Therefore, direct your anger at Dish. Charlie is the villain.

Just an alternate take on the situation based on as much evidence as yours.

Both parties can be accused of dropping the channels; Fox because they won't let Dish broadcast them without paying more, Dish because they refuse to pay more.

100.2 Sudden Death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts