OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

just chatting with dish dude and asked about any thing they can do for a good customer like myself and he/she tells me

" I would like to inform you that I can offer you Multi Sports Package free for one month."

isnt that what everyone is getting for free now already i wrote.

next thing you know i am getting starz free for 3 months and 3 ppv's

I honestly don't want anything free, I want my Sons of Anarchy and Rescue Me back. This stinks, but I guess I'll just hook up the DSL to the HDTV and watch it that way. Then, we may move, and say the hell with Dish once and for all.

Don't blackout rules apply in college as well? Aren't you still not able to watch your team play on the other teams feed?

Depends...If the game is regional and on netowrk tv the games will be blacked out ...
For example.....Let's say Wisconsin is playing Iowa State...Now, the local tv stations will show that game....Ok, this is hypothetical....so please bear with me..
The game may also be available on the NCAA Football package to the rest of the country.
Here...this will explain it better than I......
Just click on NCAAF
NCAAF - Everything you need to know about sports on television - the506.com

long time lurker, 1st time poster. Ive read on a few news outlet sites that Fox and dish havent resumed contract talks yet after things fell apart yesterday. Does anyone on this board have any way to update this situation, or any info a regular joe like myself may not have?

Interesting reading....
Fox cuts Dish feed for FX, sports channels - latimes.com

A sticking point in negotiations has been the channels' positioning in Dish Network's programming levels. Dish does not make FX, National Geographic or Fox's sports networks available to customers who buy a basic programming package. Rather the channels are available only in more expensive packages.

"We think all customers should get access to our programming," said Mike Hopkins, president of Fox Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing. If Dish wants to keep the channels on a more expensive tier of service, "then Dish should pay a fair price for that."

so, here all along I've been in the silver package, just to get FX and Bravo, and they are charging me more for this anyway? I was under the assumption that Fox wanted more money, when in fact, they are fine with the money, just not the whereabouts of their channels. Now I'm more than ticked off

Interesting reading....
Fox cuts Dish feed for FX, sports channels - latimes.com

A sticking point in negotiations has been the channels' positioning in Dish Network's programming levels. Dish does not make FX, National Geographic or Fox's sports networks available to customers who buy a basic programming package. Rather the channels are available only in more expensive packages.

"We think all customers should get access to our programming," said Mike Hopkins, president of Fox Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing. If Dish wants to keep the channels on a more expensive tier of service, "then Dish should pay a fair price for that."

I would think Dish network is that's why those channels have to be in a more expensive tier?.So that's what it's coming to the networks trying to tell Dish network where to place their channels?.

Then I think it only right that Dish network can tell them what programs to provide.;)

Tigress said:
so, here all along I've been in the silver package, just to get FX and Bravo, and they are charging me more for this anyway? I was under the assumption that Fox wanted more money, when in fact, they are fine with the money, just not the whereabouts of their channels. Now I'm more than ticked off

If it's moved to the lowest tier it costs Dish more because they have to pay the going rate multiplied by all subs. Sounds liken lieu of this, Fox wants 50% more per customer in the higher tiers. Either way they make the money they want. They're spinning it to make it sound like it's about giving people access to the channels, but the truth is, if everything is included in the basic tier, customers no longer get to decide whether its worth paying more for channels x,y,z; they just get stuck paying for them because there's not a cheaper option.

I am believing Dish's side actually, but I believe there is a lot a information we are missing. I wouldn't just believe the news articles.

I canceled tonight. Disney is still an issue after months. Now Fox.

I became a customer three + years ago. Back when Voom was still being offered.

I loved the idea of the multiple EHD concept but have pulled off most of the content from the EHDs that mattered to me. This feature was not enough for me to continue.

The price increases over the years inched me closer to the decision. The recent increase in DVR fees moved me closer. It was easy.

I wasn't spending much - $110 per month. And throughout the cancellation process I got the feeling that Dish could not care less. Maybe they were busy.

One bit of advice for Dish customers - never take advantage of a "free" offer. Every time I did my bill got so screwed up to the point that it took months to fix. And in each case the "free" offer cost me money. I'm convinced it was nothing more than an opportunity for Dish to book phantom revenue in order to make a month or a quarter from a revenue perspective look better. All of these "free offers" resulted in a charge on my bill. With Dish then waiting for the customer to beg for the credit sometime down the line.

Not looking back.

It's your right if your not happy to go to another provider,then after your special deal ends you will be paying more for programming,so enjoy your paying for it.;)
I wasn't happy with Dish after 12 years so I switched to Direct two months ago. When my special deal ends I will still be paying less with Direct TV's lower receiver fee's and with Dish I had to get their top package to get the channels I wanted but with Direct they are all offered in their middle package.

I wasn't happy with Dish after 12 years so I switched to Direct two months ago. When my special deal ends I will still be paying less with Direct TV's lower receiver fee's and with Dish I had to get their top package to get the channels I wanted but with Direct they are all offered in their middle package.

I researched both Directv & Dish, and I found the opposite. I get more channel with Dish for less money per month. I guess it depends on what you got.

I researched both Directv & Dish, and I found the opposite. I get more channel with Dish for less money per month. I guess it depends on what you got.

Or what you watch. Plus you have the dreaded "February" what's happening to our bills coming up right around the corner.

To be followed up with a repeat of the "June 2010" increase if history repeats itself?

Charlie needs to spend less money on legal fees and more time trying to maximize the customer experience. Charlie spends millions on DVR litigation and magically our DVR fees increase. Who do you think pays these litigation costs? Charlie? Robin Hood?

I haven't read all 54 pages (!) of posts, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered already:

I have the NHL package on Dish. There are a LOT of NHL games carried on the FSN channels. Does this mean that when the NHL season starts this week that all the games that are on FSN will not be available, or does the NHL control that? Also, does this explain why the pre-season games on MSG and MSG+ have been blacked out? All the other preseason games I have wanted to watch have been available. (Well, there was the issue of the Flyers/Islanders game this past week that according to the channel guide was supposed to be on NHL Network, but wasn't. Was that connected to this issue, too?)

Spin master bob.

Holy moly! I just looked at Dish's Facebook feed and its filled with people telling dish to go to hell and that they want their fox sports net back. Its amazing! I have been quite through this whole process, but I'm only going to say this once, and here.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :neener

I complained for months about how HDRSN's should be in full time on dish, and with out there additions, dish would ultimatly be a weaker company. Some of you couldnt see the light and gave me hell. Is ok, but I saw it coming as I'm alot closer than what everyone here knows!

Dish's face book page just proved what I have been saying all along. Happy tv watching folks. Ill be watching my ball game! :) :up

Sure do like to spin thing to how you think they are. The opinions on FB are just as varied as they are here. Some blaming FOX and some hating E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)