OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

FX is one thing, FOX is another.

I can download the shi$ until it's fixed it or until I change over IF for some fuc#ing reason charlie can't get his ego out of the way

:p

That comment got me ROFLMAO

So LMBAO or ROFLMBAO?

Which one wins? Which one 'looses'? LOL... Since we're doing Internet speak.

On topic, I will say the loss of the channels does not bother me one bit and I'm not saying that, because I can switch to HDMI2 and watch them on Direct or Component1 and see them on Comcast. I really don't watch those channels. I did watch Nip/Tuck, but it is gone.

I am standing by my support of Charlie on this one. We are headed for big trouble with all these networks on every carrier... Mark my words on that.

I'm sure many of you have kids and such as I do. There will always be a point that TV will begin to cost too much. For me, that magic number is $60 a month. I will never pay more than that. I have a wonderful OTA antenna and it gives me about 95% of what I watch. All said, that cost me in the neighborhood of $100 for cables and such. I bought it 2 years ago, so it has cost me a whopping $4.16 cents a month over 2 years and now, it's totally paid for.

Dish needs to get their act together so that the FSN's don't end up like the YES network. Dish did have the YES network a long time ago but do to a contract dispute the channel was never played on dish again. Charlie loves to low-ball programmers. DIsh hasn't had the YES since the time I have been their which has been about 4 years.

uh bo. Dish has never had YES available to customers It was uplinked at one time but never turned on to subs

I'd like to see a law passed that in disputes such as this the channel owners aren't allowed to pull them from a provider and the provider is not allowed to charge for them. Protecting the consumer and bringing about quicker resolution to these kind of pissing matches, because Dish wouldn't want to give free bandwidth, and Fox wouldn't want to give free programming.

Because honestly, $5 credits and free PPV aren't going to make up for missing my team playing a football game that only gets played once.

Last year it was DirecTV having a pissing match with Versus starting right around the beginning of Hockey season or shortly after they got Center Ice subscribers.

This year Dish dumps RSN's that have exclusive carriage in their DMA's except for games on Versus, right before hockey season, and Center Ice hasn't showed on our bill yet. No CBJ and a bunch of others. The decision on switching providers is much easier before the season begins rather than after you commit to to a sports package.

Wonder how much I can get for a used 622?

The decision on switching providers is much easier before the season begins rather than after you commit to to a sports package.

This is my issue right now, I got ESPN Gameplan for the college football season, so I'm sort of stuck with dish until the end of the season in that respect, but I also don't want to miss games either.

If I miss a single OU game on Fox because of this whole mess, I'm gone no matter what and would get Direct TV at the end of the year instead.

ATT Uverse would be the best option in that I could keep all the dish stuff wired up and reduce my subscription to the bare minimum until the season ended. But I'm not thrilled with the idea of being limited to 2 HD streams only. I've read some posts where people talk about Uverse expanding it's HD streams, but I can't find any confirmation of that. And if you're using bandwidth to watch TV how does that affect your internet connection?

People are so quick to complain when channels go, but never seem to praise when channels get added.

... because they never add anything WORTH praising ... how many channels do we need re-running America's Next Top Model, The Hills, Real Housewives of Orange County, Jersey Shore and other garbage like that?

Bring on a la carte pricing ... let the unpopular channels die!

... because they never add anything WORTH praising ... how many channels do we need re-running America's Next Top Model, The Hills, Real Housewives of Orange County, Jersey Shore and other garbage like that?

Bring on a la carte pricing ... let the unpopular channels die!

Plus 1 on a la carte! And why replace the Smithsonian Channel with a fishing channel, which is what E did. You take off a quality channel and replace it with crap it's not something to write home about. I really don't care about the sports channels, but I do care about NatGeo and Fox. Which by the way are still on as of 11:15pm mountain time.

Jeff

So apparently not only did we lose our regional sports channels, but Our Fox local station may go off the air November 1st. Great, like I don't get enough complaints from my wife, now I'll have to hear it when Glee and Fringe don't record. :mad:

If this isn't resolved by next week, I'm going to have to schedule the direct TV install.

Does anyone know if you can still watch recorded stuff on the internal or external hard drive if a 622 is not connected to the dish? I'd like to capture it before I send the box back.

Does anyone know if you can still watch recorded stuff on the internal or external hard drive if a 622 is not connected to the dish? I'd like to capture it before I send the box back.
You can still watch stuff off the hard drive with no dish connected, but you can't get at the DVR scheduling menus to see your timers. So make a list of all your timers before you disconnect the Dish so you can make sure you setup all the same recordings on your new receiver.

Unfortunately I did a test run, and although I can watch stuff on the box, I cannot watch stuff on the external harddrive as it does some sort of check to see if I'm authorized to use an external drive. :(

ATT Uverse would be the best option in that I could keep all the dish stuff wired up and reduce my subscription to the bare minimum until the season ended. But I'm not thrilled with the idea of being limited to 2 HD streams only. I've read some posts where people talk about Uverse expanding it's HD streams, but I can't find any confirmation of that. And if you're using bandwidth to watch TV how does that affect your internet connection?

I have U-Verse and I can record 3 HD streams (and 1 SD stream) at the same time. I only have one TV but 3/1 is the limit for the house. AT&T is rolling out the 3rd HD stream by market so it might not be in your area yet. Also, you need to be close enough to their neighborhood connection box (VRAD) to support the bandwidth required. I can stream 3 HD channels and still get 12mbps down. If you have the 18mpbs or 24mpbs service, that would be impacted by 3 HD streams. U-Verse has a max of 32mbps. Each HD stream takes ~6mpbs -- you can do the math.

Some test users have 4 HD streams -- but the DVR can still do only 3.

Support Dish?! I think we support Dish by paying tons of money. Now were paying the same amount for channels we want and do not have.

Bingo.

Dish should be supporting us by getting their contract BS worked out before the threat of us losing channels. Them losing Fox for now is obvious Dish is not supporting us as we continue to support them (pay our bills).

Why there are so many loyal subscribers who are willing to 'stand by Dish' right now is unreal. This company that you pay every month for service keeps taking away things who once had a right to.....AND YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT IT BLINDLY.

It is like paying to a landscaper to maintain your lawn. And then one day the guy who mows your lawn has a disagreement with his boss so he only mows 3/4 of your lawn....would you stand by the guy who mows your lawn? No. You'd demand he give you what you agreed to in the beginning. And what if this guy had some clause in your agreement that he can change the level of service he provides at any time and you can't do anything about it? Would it be acceptable? No.

So why is it all of a sudden acceptable for Dish to do this?

All bickering and bashing aside (I actually see everyone's point)...

Personally, I can tolerate the loss of NATGEO, and my wife can tolerate the loss of FSN. Losing would Fox News would be difficult. But losing my Fox HD LiL? That is the real threat. I can't imagine that DISH could sustain losing an entire network. I am certainly ignorant about all of this, but am I off base in taking for granted that DISH can not and will not let that happen?

Is this really likely to happen? Or is it just posturing?

Bingo.

Dish should be supporting us by getting their contract BS worked out before the threat of us losing channels. Them losing Fox for now is obvious Dish is not supporting us as we continue to support them (pay our bills).

Why there are so many loyal subscribers who are willing to 'stand by Dish' right now is unreal. This company that you pay every month for service keeps taking away things who once had a right to.....AND YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT IT BLINDLY.

It is like paying to a landscaper to maintain your lawn. And then one day the guy who mows your lawn has a disagreement with his boss so he only mows 3/4 of your lawn....would you stand by the guy who mows your lawn? No. You'd demand he give you what you agreed to in the beginning. And what if this guy had some clause in your agreement that he can change the level of service he provides at any time and you can't do anything about it? Would it be acceptable? No.

So why is it all of a sudden acceptable for Dish to do this?

because for some of us, our lives don't revolve around tv shows. Would I miss GLEE if Fox were dropped next month? sure I would, but I wouldn't throw a complete pissy fit about it because my life does not hinge on whether I get to watch this show or that show.
People keep crying that dish should just pay whatever to get channels back up but if Dish had been doing that for the last 10-15 years, then what would you be paying for service compared to now? What would your wait times be when you called it? how long would you have to wait for a service call? How many less HD channels would you have because of less satellites because Dish's money is going towards paying whatever channels what to charge instead of fighting for a better deal.
I will continue to support Dish on contract disputes because by them standing up, in the long run it keeps what I pay each month lower than what it would be if they didn't. I will continue to support them because for me, I understand that pay tv is a luxury and not a necessity and I understand that I choose to use the service they provide and have agreed to the rules by which they provide it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts