Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Discuss the east coast snow storm in this thread.

All of WV getting at least 3-6 inches of snow. Some parts of WV and half to two thirds of Virginia is going to get 6-12 inches. Massachusettes, Western Connecticut, Western New Jersey and Maryland are to get 6-12 inches of snow. Eastern New Jersey, Eastern Massachusettes, Eastern Connecticut, and Rhode Island are to get 12+ inches of snow.

What a mess this is going to be. New York (8-14 inches) is going to be under a blizzard tonight. Boston is going to get 10-15 inches. Snow is going to be all the way down to northern Georgia, eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina where they can expect 1-4 inches of snow.

Last edited:
Mess? Unless it gets above 18 inches in New England do I get worried. I hate the ice/freezing rain, sleet stuff. Thats a mess and havoc. We need the snow and its been too warm this winter. In fact, Connecticut does a great job of plowing and driving in regular snow is a piece of cake. Get the right tires and just slow down. SUV drivers slow down!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

This is our first snow of the year, living in SW Virginia. I say we've gotten at least 3 inches and no telling how much more to come. I'm like Brewer I like the snow better than ice/freezing rain. Anyways I love the snow :dev

The place that has the biggest problem with it is NYC. They just have no place to put it. They have been gearing up though.... the garbage trucks have all been equipped with plows to help out.
In the meantime we have gotten squat this year. Our southern tier got a couple of good snowfalls but we have not. The weather has been a real roller coaster ride with one week in the 40-50s and the next week in the teens and 20s. And I was ready for another 7 footer this year.

8-15" forecasted for my area. My wife, born in Buffalo NY ( Cheektowaga ) , still doesn't understand why the news stations make a big deal out a 12" snowstorm.

Last edited:
dont24 said:
8-15" forecasted for my area. My wife, born in Buffalo NY ( Cheektowaga ) , still doesn't understand why the news stations make a big deal out a 12" snowstorm.

LOL Since I live next to Cheektowaga I understand completely. But I have also lived on Long Island so I know how bad it is in the city when they get it. Other than that if you have this much warning then get your food, burrow in, light the fire in the fireplace and enjoy the beautiful peace that the snowstorm can provide.

True. Big cities have no where to put the snow. Should be a great commute to Boston Monday morning :rolleyes:

Getting a foot of snow is not nearly as bad as the ice storm that we got about four years ago. That was pretty dang bad. We had no power for like a week, some places two weeks. I had to chisel at my tires on my cars just to try to get them out. The trees fell all over the place. Everything was pretty well shut down in my area. North of us they got about 18 inches of snow instead of the ice. Nobody could get gas around here because the electric to pump the gas was off. People couldn't heat their homes unless they burned wood or had natural gas or still had propane in tanks.

I like to see a good snow every year, just hope the power doesn't go out.

I live in central NJ along the coast. There has been nothing but sleet so far an the temperature has been about 39 degrees all day. No accumulation. We are supposed to get the worst of it along the coast. They are predicting 10 to15 inches. Why couldn't it have been on an evening before I go to work? I could have used the time off even though I don't get payed for it. I used to get payed (County closing) when I worked for Monmouth County but I am now "semi-retired" (still work six hour days).

I will believe the high snow fall when I see it. Temperature is still in the high 30e's.

I think this is the first snow I have seen on the ground in the Vally of the Chattanooga area in 2 or 3 years, on the mountain tops yes, in the Vally no, we are expecting an inch. I know for you guys up north 1" is nothing, I grew up in WV so 1" is not much for me either but here in SE TN things shut down for 1". :)

well,

11am south of the burgh, maybe 2 inches tops. i feel for you guys NE of here , fox just broadcast NY has a foot and it is still coming.

finally we MISSED one.....lol

We got 2 feet here in Connecticut, and its really windy with 50 MPH winds. Its not worth shoveling yet because all the snow is blowing back into the driveway. :(

'bout 7 inches have fallen Im just north of Boston. Knock on wood no 5lnb dish reception issues yet..( I know I just jinxed it! Its like talking to a pitcher during a no hitter, or telling your golfing buddies how you cant believe youre getting the round in without rain)

I havent had time to get up there and coat the dish with anything but this snow is extra fluffy (cant believe I just typed fluffy) anyway, if snow had stuck to to the dish I had a contraption ready to sweep it off.

A question to those who know..I basically purchased a telescoping pole with a screw top. At the screw end I had a sponge type paint brush that attached niceley. If I were to try and brush the dish is there anyway I can damage the dish? Are there any areas of the dish that I should avoid?

FYI it is the new D* 5 LNB jobs. I think you guys call it an AT9 but I cold be way off.

dragon002 said:
scott,

did you say TWO FEET????? is it still snowing??

watch shoveling that much, you arent 18 any more:eek:

Dragon its the lightest snow ever made...ever ever. Its like dust. Meteoroligists are talking about the snow having a very low water content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts