Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Yes, I had to adjust my H3 screen

I thought that screen adjustment is not necessary or even functional if you have your TV set to pixel for pixel (or the equivalent for different brands). With this setting, I recall sometimes seeing signal artifacts along the top on a couple of my earlier 1080 TVs. That's how my Hoppers work and I suspect that the Hopper 3 is the same.

I received a phone call from the install company attempting to cancel my install due to "all the issues with the Hopper 3 that Dish has". She asked me to wait a few weeks. I asked her what all these issues were. She said Netflix doesn't work and part of the screen is cut off. That's it. I explained to her that a simple forum check previously told me of both of these 'issues' including how to fix the screen issue temporarily until dish gets that part of the UI fixed.

My install is still on as of now although he will be at least two hours past my window I was given.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I received a phone call from the install company attempting to cancel my install due to "all the issues with the Hopper 3 that Dish has". She asked me to wait a few weeks. I asked her what all these issues were. She said Netflix doesn't work and part of the screen is cut off. That's it. I explained to her that a simple forum check previously told me of both of these 'issues' including how to fix the screen issue temporarily until dish gets that part of the UI fixed.

My install is still on as of now although he will be at least two hours past my window I was given.
My install keeps getting pushed back as well. It was 8-12 now 12:15-1:30. Third time it's been pushed today.

Fortunately for me I use my Harmony One!

After he left I restored my timers, it took me awhile to figure out how to do that.

Parsons21 - did you have to change anything in your Harmony settings?
dentke - how did you get your timers restored? Did you have to pair the old remote?

edit - installer just left my house, so I do have it installed. H3 and J2 to replace H2K and SJ

I don't have dish to watch Netflix. It's nice, but not a deal breaker dealing an H3 install. I can watch Netflix on the TV, Blu-ray, or Appletv.

Yes, paired the 40.0 remote. Then you push the menu button 3 times (I think), then go to tools, and choose restore

Dude, edit your post a little! You had to quote Mr Parsons entire post to ask him questions about his Harmony remote?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
fixed

Thanks dentke. Installer had no idea. I tried to get him to just pair the 40.0 to begin with, but it was his first install.

And it seems the Harmony One works just fine with the old 722 map.

Reactions: Troch77
And it seems the Harmony One works just fine with the old 722 map

You might want to add the four color buttons (red, green, yellow, blue) to the Harmony screen if you haven't already. They are quite handy buttons while using the Hoppers!

Also...for anyone not yet aware, the four color buttons still work with the H3, even though they were omitted from the new 50/52 remotes.

Well just got my Hopper3 installed, installer was nice his 1st Hopper3 install. I had an issue with setting up favorites list ( the SD channels have icon in front of them instead of the HD in H2. Sd channels don't fill my screen, HD is fine. OTA module ( can't get the favorites LIST to save them ) ..and Ext HD work fine, Old remote works fine on it. Will have to get used to the new one. watching now off HD.

Last edited:
fixed

Thanks dentke. Installer had no idea. I tried to get him to just pair the 40.0 to begin with, but it was his first install.

And it seems the Harmony One works just fine with the old 722 map.

I have never had an installer restore timers. Whenever I mention it they give me a deer in the head lights look, and have no clue.

In my initial pm from dirt on settings up my H3 upgrade they said "you will lose your timers".

Reactions: peggy97850

Hi - This is Vivek Khemka from DISH. That is rather unfortunate. Can you please PM me your account number or address and I will look into this. Thanks