Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

So got my H3 over the weekend and now finally getting to try it out. Love the speed of it. Remote going to take a while to master. One issue I have is when I try to set a timer. For example, tonight I was watching Gotham and wanted to set timer to record all new episodes. Did everything I was supposed to but when I backed out of the record menu I got an error message that said "all tuners are in use during this timeframe" and I needed to resolve the conflict between concurrent recordings. The only thing I have recurrent during this time period is PTA. Anyone have any idea why I an getting this error message? How many shows can I record at once? I thought 16 but maybe I wasn't reading correct.

Thanks

So got my H3 over the weekend and now finally getting to try it out. Love the speed of it. Remote going to take a while to master. One issue I have is when I try to set a timer. For example, tonight I was watching Gotham and wanted to set timer to record all new episodes. Did everything I was supposed to but when I backed out of the record menu I got an error message that said "all tuners are in use during this timeframe" and I needed to resolve the conflict between concurrent recordings. The only thing I have recurrent during this time period is PTA. Anyone have any idea why I an getting this error message? How many shows can I record at once? I thought 16 but maybe I wasn't reading correct.

Thanks
Yes. If you just got your H3 over the weekend, it likely needs to "settle in". One way to sorted this process up is to make sure your H3 and Joey's are on standby mode overnight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah get my H3 installed today so hopefully things go well I plan on doing a back up to the remote of my Hopper With Sling so I can get those things moved over to the H3. After this at some point will be adding my new Samsung 4K curved tv.. :)

Ok installer is here I backed up the remote that was with the Hopper with Sling so what steps do I need to take to move the timers over to the Hopper 3???

Ok installer is here I backed up the remote that was with the Hopper with Sling so what steps do I need to take to move the timers over to the Hopper 3???
The easiest way is:
When the new Hopper gets to the point were you pair the remote, DO NOT pair the 52.0 instead pair the 40.0 that has your settings saved and after its paired the Hopper will display a message that the paired remote has backed up settings and ask if you want to restore them. Not sure of exact wording. Just select yes and it will restore the settings.

I have my Sennheiser Wireless RF headphone connected to one of my HWSs thru the RCA ports and it works great. I would think it should work with the Hopper 3 too unless you are watching something in 4k. The Hopper 3 Component and RCA ports do not work when watching something in 4k.
Can anyone verify that RCA audio output is off when watching 4k? (This would be a deal killer for me since my audio pre/pro only accepts RCA input but I send video only to a projector via hdmi from hopper 2 w./ sling)

The easiest way is:
When the new Hopper gets to the point were you pair the remote, DO NOT pair the 52.0 instead pair the 40.0 that has your settings saved and after its paired the Hopper will display a message that the paired remote has backed up settings and ask if you want to restore them. Not sure of exact wording. Just select yes and it will restore the settings.

Can you then pair the 52.0 after the settings are saved that would be my guess.

Yes you can pair the 52.0 later if you want. It just is easy to restore this way.
If the 40.0 is paired at a later time press the menu button twice then arrow down to tools and select restore settings.

Yes you can pair the 52.0 later if you want. It just is easy to restore this way.
To restore if the 52.0 is paired first you need to press the home button three times, arrow down to tools and select restore settings.
So when is the best time to un-pair the 40.0 remote from the old Hopper?

Install went well now just get use to the new look the tech was really good and friendly.

Overall really impressed with the new Hopper 3 I like the changes they made in the look of the interface so forth. Now all I need is that brand new Samsung Curved 4K TV.. :)

Overall really impressed with the new Hopper 3 I like the changes they made in the look of the interface so forth. Now all I need is that brand new Samsung Curved 4K TV.. :)
I've been meaning to ask a couple of engineers I work with who are up on all of the latest and greatest consumer electronics, but what does the curved screen do for the viewer. To me I think it would narrow the area to sit when viewing the TV.

I've been meaning to ask a couple of engineers I work with who are up on all of the latest and greatest consumer electronics, but what does the curved screen do for the viewer. To me I think it would narrow the area to sit when viewing the TV.

Not really if you go and view them the curve is not that bad and if your at a angle since there is a slit curve you can see the picture better compared if it was just flat. But I see what you are saying though but like I said after seeing them in BB the curve is kind of nice so best thing is to just see one for yourself. But they will be having the 2016 models coming out soon as well so I might stay with a flat screen. Will just have to see what the prices are in the next couple of months. :)

Last edited:
Turn off prepare for mobile.

That does not help, the recordings still show as watched.
I think the problem is that all the timers that were imported from from the H2 were created with the prepare for mobile option in each timer and the new UI does not have that option for the individual timer creation so there is no way to turn off for the imported timers. All new timers do not show as watched but I am not going to delete and recreate all the old timers.

I think the problem is that all the timers that were imported from from the H2 were created with the prepare for mobile option in each timer and the new UI does not have that option for the individual timer creation so there is no way to turn off for the imported timers. All new timers do not show as watched but I am not going to delete and recreate all the old timers.

believe that recordings (not timers) made while "prepare for mobile" was on will continue to show as watched. Recordings made after is was shut off will be normal. That's how it worked on mine. "Prepare for mobile" should not have been on as default.

believe that recordings (not timers) made while "prepare for mobile" was on will continue to show as watched. Recordings made after is was shut off will be normal. That's how it worked on mine. "Prepare for mobile" should not have been on as default.
NOPE like I said in the post you quoted any recording made from a timer that was imported shows as watched. Any recording made from a new timer made after the new system setting of prepare for mobile was turned off does not show as watched. Like I said every timer that was imported had prepare for mobile set to on, it was an individual timer setting not a system setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts