Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

If you're talking about an Auto Tune timer then yes, the H3 has them. Just set a timer to Record This and go into the timer section and edit it to say Auto Tune.
Auto tune worked fine on my Hopper 2 but not on the Hopper 3. It doesn't turn on the Hopper 3 and change the channel. Only does an on screen reminder so you remember to go to that channel. Useless.

Auto tune worked fine on my Hopper 2 but not on the Hopper 3. It doesn't turn on the Hopper 3 and change the channel. Only does an on screen reminder so you remember to go to that channel. Useless.

Both my Hopper 3's use an auto tune timer to turn on every morning at 0530 and tune into the news so they've been on for a while with a full buffer when I turn on the TV. Very useful.

Both my Hopper 3's use an auto tune timer to turn on every morning at 0530 and tune into the news so they've been on for a while with a full buffer when I turn on the TV. Very useful.
If you don't mind, go to edit mode on one of your auto tune timers and click on the ? next to the auto tune line and tell me what it says.
Thanks
Bob

I've had the H3 for a number of months and I've discovered that the most important issue is the software level. Beside looking on the Hopper how can I find the latest software level? I had issues that were solved by calling support and by having a software upgrade pushed. He told me that weekly I should manually turn off the receiver from the remote (I'm old and I forget, sorry). But I still would like someplace to check on current SW release level. I'm on U313 as of 05/16.

Mine was first. took five hours. Work order told him to change the lnb but he said he didn't need to because I had a Hopper working. Four hours later he changed the lnb and replaced the hub with a duo node. Jerk.
Not a jerk, simply uninformed. There is a difference... ;)

Love my Hopper3 & Joey so far. A couple things, though. (1) When in my App for Vivo, my video playback is pretty terrible in the living room, better in the bedroom. The audio though is fine. (2) When listening to my songs on the Pandora app I listen to a few songs, then it goes to Dish programming.

Just got mine, painfully slow install...

Is there anyway to move show info while browsing rhr guide from the right side to the top like on the old hoppers? I can't stand it this way!

Today I got my Hopper 3 installed in my Motorhome.
How about your ordering experience! I called Dish & it went very well and I got an appointment for the installer to come out the Next day.

We want to hear about your install how did it go? My installer had never done an install on a Motorhome. At first he said my auto point Dish by RF Mogul would not work with the H3. I called RF Mogul and they said they had tested the H3 with their system and it work great and the LNB would be a direct swap.

We want to hear what the Techs did and upgraded at your house!-- I helped the Installer swap the LNB on my RF Mogul dish on the roof of my Motorhome.

We want to hear your thoughts on the Hopper 3! --So far it looks great Just have to learn how to use the remote since it is a lot different from my old Hopper.

Attachments

• RV-Mogul.jpg
    RV-Mogul.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 197
Today I got my Hopper 3 installed in my Motorhome.
How about your ordering experience! I called Dish & it went very well and I got an appointment for the installer to come out the Next day.

We want to hear about your install how did it go? My installer had never done an install on a Motorhome. At first he said my auto point Dish by RF Mogul would not work with the H3. I called RF Mogul and they said they had tested the H3 with their system and it work great and the LNB would be a direct swap.

We want to hear what the Techs did and upgraded at your house!-- I helped the Installer swap the LNB on my RF Mogul dish on the roof of my Motorhome.

We want to hear your thoughts on the Hopper 3! --So far it looks great Just have to learn how to use the remote since it is a lot different from my old Hopper.
If you kept your old remote, it works with the Hopper 3 and exactly the same way it did with your old Hopper...

I found an article today that says Dish ch. 146 is NBC RIO Olympics in 4k. At noon I went to 146 & it said to text $0.01 to "Rent". I get how to text but below was a red highlighted "Rent" so I selected that; got another screen that said "4k - Rent", selected that & got an error 030 screen.

Anyone know how this works? It could be nothing is on at this time but when I call Dish they had no idea what all of this was.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...os-through-comcast-directv-dish-and-epb/33886

I found an article today that says Dish ch. 146 is NBC RIO Olympics in 4k. At noon I went to 146 & it said to text $0.01 to "Rent". I get how to text but below was a red highlighted "Rent" so I selected that; got another screen that said "4k - Rent", selected that & got an error 030 screen.

Anyone know how this works? It could be nothing is on at this time but when I call Dish they had no idea what all of this was.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...os-through-comcast-directv-dish-and-epb/33886
The channel is still in fine tuning testing and, while we see it in our guides, it really isn't available yet. You probably will see it on Saturday, working....

My installer had never done an install on a Motorhome. At first he said my auto point Dish by RF Mogul would not work with the H3. I called RF Mogul and they said they had tested the H3 with their system and it work great and the LNB would be a direct swap.

Hi Mike. I am very curious about your setup. I have the Winegard Trav'ler, which only supports western arc (110,119,129) - but has a manual mode that lets me point at ONE satellite (like 72.7 in the eastern arc). It does NOT allow manual adjustment of AZ/EL/SK like the Eagle dish does. I contacted Winegard and they have no plans for Eastern Arc, and no plans for manual orientation controls.

I wonder if one could install an Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7) hybrid LNBF on the Eagle dish, then align it manually using the manual controls? Have you ever used those controls?

The channel is still in fine tuning testing and, while we see it in our guides, it really isn't available yet. You probably will see it on Saturday, working....

Thanks, I'm still looking. ;)

On Friday there were two channels marked 4k for olympic coverage - 146 & 148. Yesterday 146 disappeared but 148 had 7 or 8 sub channels much like our local sports channel; 148-02, 148-03, etc. None were 4k which on Friday was 148-01.

What really strikes me odd is Dish hasn't mentioned this anywhere. NBC website & a few others have but not Dish. Even if 148-01 begins beaming in brilliant 4k - who would / will know? As I write this I see where something is to be shown at 9AM EDT. I'll be watching & hope Dish will have it on!

Thanks, I'm still looking. ;)

On Friday there were two channels marked 4k for olympic coverage - 146 & 148. Yesterday 146 disappeared but 148 had 7 or 8 sub channels much like our local sports channel; 148-02, 148-03, etc. None were 4k which on Friday was 148-01.

What really strikes me odd is Dish hasn't mentioned this anywhere. NBC website & a few others have but not Dish. Even if 148-01 begins beaming in brilliant 4k - who would / will know? As I write this I see where something is to be shown at 9AM EDT. I'll be watching & hope Dish will have it on!

How about that? Olympic 4k on ch 148-01! This is the first I've seen of 148-01 since Friday when being tested. All events are one day tape delayed. Below are upcoming events in 4k on 148-01. Today is judo for 3 hours which may not be the greatest for showing off 4k, but nevertheless 4k. Let's hope events like the World Series & Super Bowl are being planned & hopefully live!
  • August 7: Judo (9:00a)
  • August 8: Judo (9:00a)
  • August 9: Judo (9:00a)
  • August 10: Judo, Swimming (9:00a)
  • August 11: Swimming (11:30a)
  • August 12: Swimming (11:30a)
  • August 13; Swimming (12:00p)
  • August 14: Track & Field, Swimming (12:00p)
  • August 15: Track & Field (12:00p)
  • August 16: Track & Field (12:00p)
  • August 17: Track & Field (12:00p)
  • August 18: Track & Field, Basketball (12:00p)
  • August 19: Basketball (12:00p)
  • August 20: Basketball (12:00p)
  • August 21: Soccer, Basketball (8:00a), Closing Ceremony (same day: 9:00p ET, 10:00p PT)

Both Dish ch's 146-01 & 148-01 are broadcasting tape delayed 4k each day beginning at 9AM dailey now.

One other note - while watching 4k, Picture in Picture function is disabled.

Just got my H3 earlier this week and I'm in LOVE.

After 24 hours a couple of the quirks I was experiencing worked themselves out (VoD not working and DishAnywhere not working properly).

I love the
  • Updated guide
  • How responsive everything is
  • And I don't know if this just my imagination but the picture quality seems so much better.

Hi Mike. I am very curious about your setup. I have the Winegard Trav'ler, which only supports western arc (110,119,129) - but has a manual mode that lets me point at ONE satellite (like 72.7 in the eastern arc). It does NOT allow manual adjustment of AZ/EL/SK like the Eagle dish does. I contacted Winegard and they have no plans for Eastern Arc, and no plans for manual orientation controls.

I wonder if one could install an Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7) hybrid LNBF on the Eagle dish, then align it manually using the manual controls? Have you ever used those controls?

Sorry I can't help with that I have never used the Manual controls. You might call RF Mogul and ask them. 801-895-3362

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts