Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Can our Hopper 3 play back prerecorded content if it is not connected to an antenna of any kind? And if so will it continue to communicate with the wireless Joey as it normally does? We're doing some re-configuring and the antenna will be temporarily unavailable.

TIA

Can our Hopper 3 play back prerecorded content if it is not connected to an antenna of any kind? And if so will it continue to communicate with the wireless Joey as it normally does? We're doing some re-configuring and the antenna will be temporarily unavailable.

TIA
Take the coax from the dish off of the back of your Hopper 3 and see.

We upgraded from hopper 1 to 3 last week, love it other than having to reset 2-3 times because Netflix had sound but no picture when watching show. Rest and it works again

I just got a Hopper 3 w/2 Joey 3's and (unexpected) 3 voice remotes. I was hoping to retain the old remote layout to facilitate operation in limited-light situations.

I see only 3 downsides so far:
  1. God-awful tiled interface (expected).
  2. The video insert on the upper right is rather dinky.
  3. The power button for both receiver and TV is combined into 1.

I just got a Hopper 3 w/2 Joey 3's and (unexpected) 3 voice remotes. I was hoping to retain the old remote layout to facilitate operation in limited-light situations.

I see only 3 downsides so far:
  1. God-awful tiled interface (expected).
  2. The video insert on the upper right is rather dinky.
  3. The power button for both receiver and TV is combined into 1.

Welcome to the dark side. :biggrin

They should have let you keep your old remotes. That said, the 54.0 voice remote is back lit that lights up when you pick it up.

They should have let you keep your old remotes.

We had four UHF Pro 6.3 remotes. Are they compatible?

I see that the new equipment showed up on mydish.com. But all 3 show "not connected" even though they are. My owned 722 remains on my account, but it shows "off" but "connected" to the Internet, which is certainly not true. DishAnywhere.com thinks all 3 of my old receivers are still there and does not have the new info. My leased 612's were captured by the tech and no longer show. He says they just junk them. :(

How long does it take for this stuff to start working?

Last edited:
We had four UHF Pro 6.3 remotes. Are they compatible?

I see that the new equipment showed up on mydish.com. But all 3 show "not connected" even though they are. My owned 722 remains on my account, but it shows "off" but "connected" to the Internet, which is certainly not true. DishAnywhere.com thinks all 3 of my old receivers are still there and does not have the new info. My leased 612's were captured by the tech and no longer show. He says they just junk them. :(

How long does it take for this stuff to start working?

Any DISH remote will work in IR mode.

It sometimes takes up to 24 hours before the right receivers show up on Dish Anywhere.

My tech claimed that Dish wasn't activating VIP722's any more. This is news to me because I was hoping to sell mine. He claimed the leased 612's that he captured are not refurbished but scrapped. I hope that is not true either.

My tech claimed that Dish wasn't activating VIP722's any more. This is news to me because I was hoping to sell mine. He claimed the leased 612's that he captured are not refurbished but scrapped. I hope that is not true either.

From what we're told 722's can only be used as replacements for existing customers. They can't be used for new customers. I haven't even seen a 612 in quite a while so that wouldn't surprise me.

One notification along the bottom of the screen told me I could search by using the magnifying glass button. There is no magnifying glass button! How is that supposed to be done with these perverse voice remotes? Voice search is very hit or miss, and sometimes can't find what I asked for, and cannot seem to tune to channel names such as BBC America. I tried searching for Star Trek, but getting past all the movies and asking for more is a PITA. Lots of button presses finally shows the original series, next generation, enterprise, voyager, and DS9, but I can't select those to set a timer. Plus it usually takes so long I just give up and hit the back button. :mad:

Reactions: charlesrshell
One notification along the bottom of the screen told me I could search by using the magnifying glass button. There is no magnifying glass button! How is that supposed to be done with these perverse voice remotes? Voice search is very hit or miss, either not finding what I said, and cannot seem to tune to channel names such as BBC America. And it usually takes so long I just give up and hit the back button. :mad:
Select Options then Accessibility.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts