Official I have L4.49 Thread

I got it last night. Dish generally does updates using ranges of receiver #s. They try a sample and see who calls in and complains about issues. If the calls do not overwelm them, they roll to the rest of the receivers.

The main purpose of this series of updates appears to be adding support for the new satellites (AMC-14) and turning E12 into spot beam mode. Probably not much anyone will notice.

I got it last night. Dish generally does updates using ranges of receiver #s. They try a sample and see who calls in and complains about issues. If the calls do not overwelm them, they roll to the rest of the receivers.

The main purpose of this series of updates appears to be adding support for the new satellites (AMC-14) and turning E12 into spot beam mode. Probably not much anyone will notice.

Any idea on the "Content Management" piece. Do you have an EHD? If so, notice any changes?

digiblur has indicated that satellite information is part of the "tables" that are routinely downloaded to our receivers. They added 77' to our receivers recently without a s/w update.

Any idea on the "Content Management" piece. Do you have an EHD? If so, notice any changes?
I say this is DRM-related, not external HDD related. Try and record a premium movie channel show, specifically HBO or Showtime and see if there are different "options" or warnings or something.

digiblur has indicated that satellite information is part of the "tables" that are routinely downloaded to our receivers. They added 77' to our receivers recently without a s/w update.

That is correct but I bet that also have to update the firmware to recognize the new transponder ID's that will change the display to "Spotbeam" on your signal strength screen.

That was probably done in a previous update too... They snuck in the ability to add satellite-locations on-the-fly, so they probably included the type of code you're referring to also.

That was probably done in a previous update too... They snuck in the ability to add satellite-locations on-the-fly, so they probably included the type of code you're referring to also.

Not yet...it is in this release. The receiver needs to know what to display and do with those 11xx-19xx TID's.

Yep got it last night, didn't notice anything visible different! I have one of the early 622's and seem to always get the downloads early!

i got it yesterday morning and I can't see any difference. The pics that Digiblur posted don't look like my screens. For instance, I don't have the option to select all in the folder view of my recordings. A front pannel reset did'nt help either.

If you feel like being a geuinea pig, turn both your 622 tuners to channel 101, then turn off TV2 and then TV1. If you receiver is eligible for the update, it will start to take it within a couple minutes. If it hasn't started within 5 minutes, then your box isn't slated to get it yet.

There is no need to tuen to any specific channel to get an update. All you need to do is put the box in standby (both TV 1 and TV 2 if in dual mode). And the download should start within a minute not 5.

I have the new software on my receiver in NC. I am not sure when I got it. I had not noticed any difference, but I checked and it is 449. I am missing the sound on two subchannels of one OTA station (WLOS) but I do not think it is a problem with the 622 as all other locals work fine.

I checked this morning and had it on my 722. Not sure when it came in. Didn't have time to check out any of the features before leaving for work though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)