Official I have L4.49 Thread

Yeah, the fact that Dish didn't turn it on by default suggests they're not too excited about this "feature".

I think that if you have a lot of Favorites Lists, then you probably prefer the new method.

When I used to have to press the same button many times, I would often "over shoot" the list I want, and have to go around again. :(

This way, I can see at a glance all the lists, and select what I want.

It's better GUI design (he said professionally speaking).

449 fixes OTA locals?

Got the 449 update to my 622 yesterday, and my OTA reception started working again. :up Anyone else notice this?

To make a long story short, in september my OTA locals stopped working: zero signal strength on every channel. With the hard drive limited to 30 hours HD, I wasn't too keen on fixing it because I didn't have the DVR space to save HD from PBS, etc. anyway. (Think of the 15+ hour "The War" series on PBS.) FWIW, I could hook the antenna wire up to the TV directly and see every digital local.

Since activating the external HD, now I have space for interesting stuff OTA. Called Dish twice, after much discussion and confusion with the tech csr about the difference between LiL and OTA locals, was told that the OTA were "not supported". Still, I left the antenna hooked up to the 622 and the OTA locals in the guide.

Turned on the TV yesterday, flipped to a OTA station by accident, and it was working! Checked the software, newly updated to 449. Nice! :D

Got it last night. No issues. I like the favorites enhancement. Dont notice anything else.

The 622 dish online screen text look a little different to me now that I have 449. There is also a new dish online selection in addtion to the existing "New Releases" and "Dish Theater" called "TV Entertainment" that only displays the words "Coming Soon" when you select it. I'm wondering if they plan to get rid of the forced download "TV Entertainment" on-demand free programs in the main DVR list and instead allow us to pick the free on- demand programs that will instead be downloaded via the internet?

Just noticed that I had it yesterday. I was modifying my favorites list and saw the new guide options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)