Official list for HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Please Sticky ME!

I know this list has been posted elsewhere, but this one i can conferm personaly the authantisticy of it. I asked directv for a list, they gave me this:

Dear Mr. Irwin,

Thanks for writing. You may refer below for the list of the cities and dates on when HD local programming will be (became)available:

Area Locals start to broadcast

Atlanta November 22, 2005
Milwaukee May 2006
Baltimore June 2006
Minneapolis April 19, 2006
Birmingham April 19, 2006
Nashville April 19, 2006
Boston December 8, 2005
New York since 2003
Charlotte June 2006
Orlando June 2006
Chicago November 22, 2005
Philadelphia November 22, 2005
Cleveland June 2006
Phoenix May 2006
Columbus- not CBS April 19, 2006
Pittsburgh April 19, 2006
Dallas- not ABC December 8, 2005
Raleigh J June 2006
Denver June 2006
Sacramento- not FOX April 19, 2006
Detroit October 20, 2005
St. Louis May 2006
Fresno May 2006
Salt Lake City May 2006
Hartford June 2006
San Antonio June 2006
Houston- not CBS December 8, 2005
San Diego- not CBS, FOX April 19, 2006
Indianapolis June 2006
San Francisco November 22, 2005
Kansas City April 19, 2006
Seattle June 2006
Los Angeles since 2003
Tampa. December 8, 2005
Miami June 2006
Washington, D.C. December 8, 2005
W. Palm Beach June 2006

Should you have any further questions or concerns, or if you wish to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-531-5000, one of our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again for writing. More details will be available when we launch the local HD service in your area, so watch your local TV, radio or mailbox for upcoming announcements or visit DIRECTV.com/HD for the latest news.

Sincerely,
Marjorie F
DIRECTV Customer Service

DIRECTV is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service. In an effort to continually improve our service, we are asking for your participation in a brief online survey. Please tell us how well our reply to your recent e-mail has met your needs by clicking on the survey link below. We hope you will take a few moments to answer this important survey, and we thank you in advance for your help.

It's not the same list, notice the NOT in columbus, sacremento etc which has come true, way to give advanced warning directv.

Questioner said:
It's not the same list, notice the NOT in columbus, sacremento etc which has come true, way to give advanced warning directv.

i was refering to the general info contained was the same, its convient how i get this emailed on the day they launch only to see no cbs. and since i can confer the source i would call it reliable.

Questioner said:

I wonder if they are working on agreements with those particular stations. That may be the holdup.

Locals in Kansas City are only working at 50%?

Channel 4 FOX-Not working
Channel 5 CBS-Not Working
Channell 9 ABC-Working
Channel 41 NBC-Working

*Does anyone know why Fox and CBS are dead?

this is already in 3 OR MORE other threads. The mods posted stickies and merged threads and it was asked nicely in the stickied thread (users requests) to keep all this like GENERAL info together; now there are 3 - 5 threads all about the same general thing making for total confusion and the same post multiple times.. I know I will be dumped on for mentioning it (I can accept it) , but come on, it is way too easy to keep it all together in one place, so what if you have to read the thread to get the info.

Last edited:
robrient@kc.rr.com said:
Locals in Kansas City are only working at 50%?

Channel 4 FOX-Not working
Channel 5 CBS-Not Working
Channell 9 ABC-Working
Channel 41 NBC-Working

*Does anyone know why Fox and CBS are dead?

According to the D* website they should be on. Have you called them and asked?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts