Official LonghornXP DirecTV review:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called last night to upgrade my system before the new channels go live. I think I got a great deal.

I originally had 2 HD DVR’s and they are replacing both of them at no charge and installing the new dish. I am also getting HBO, Starz and Showtime free or three months and HD service free for 6 months. I was happy.

That seems like a good deal you got. I just got myself a 25 dollar credit when I got home from work Sunday night only to find I had no Buccaneers game recorded. It seems that the primary box on my account recorded a black screen and my other two boxes recorded I think the first 15 minutes of the game and kept showing a searching for authorized content message. Also one of my boxes kept saying my access card expired. The end result was that the only reason I switched to DirecTV was so I could see my home team the Buccaneers in New Hampshire. I also had to have HD DVR boxes because I'm working every Sunday afternoon.

It ended up that the CSR noticed my account was last in Florida so when only two games had this problem she knew I wasn't saying this just to get a credit . She knew that most likely was the only game I really cared about. I at least got to watch the Short Cut of the Bucs game but man I was really pissed off after getting home. Beyond that I ended up getting the damn flu and had to call in sick today. I mean I hardly ever get sick and in one week I get the flu and rip the top of my finger off during a very important first two weeks. Its enough to make you want to pull your hair out sometimes. I'm just glad I refused to pay full price for SF because if I did and paid close to full price for the HD DVR boxes I might have sued for breach of contract to get out of my two year deal as I would have been that mad.

My problem is that as mad as I would be I still couldn't go without football which means I wouldn't have the guts to file a breach of contract lawsuit lol....yeah I'm all talk sometimes lol. I'm hoping for a much much better week coming up lol.:D

Probably doesn't help much now since it's not the entire game, but on channel 729 tomorrow (9/11) at 8:00CDT is the short cut for the Bucs game. At least you can see part of it.

That seems like a good deal you got. I just got myself a 25 dollar credit when I got home from work Sunday night only to find I had no Buccaneers game recorded. It seems that the primary box on my account recorded a black screen and my other two boxes recorded I think the first 15 minutes of the game and kept showing a searching for authorized content message. Also one of my boxes kept saying my access card expired. The end result was that the only reason I switched to DirecTV was so I could see my home team the Buccaneers in New Hampshire. I also had to have HD DVR boxes because I'm working every Sunday afternoon.

It ended up that the CSR noticed my account was last in Florida so when only two games had this problem she knew I wasn't saying this just to get a credit . She knew that most likely was the only game I really cared about. I at least got to watch the Short Cut of the Bucs game but man I was really pissed off after getting home. Beyond that I ended up getting the damn flu and had to call in sick today. I mean I hardly ever get sick and in one week I get the flu and rip the top of my finger off during a very important first two weeks. Its enough to make you want to pull your hair out sometimes. I'm just glad I refused to pay full price for SF because if I did and paid close to full price for the HD DVR boxes I might have sued for breach of contract to get out of my two year deal as I would have been that mad.

My problem is that as mad as I would be I still couldn't go without football which means I wouldn't have the guts to file a breach of contract lawsuit lol....yeah I'm all talk sometimes lol. I'm hoping for a much much better week coming up lol.:D

well it could have been worse, you could be an eagles fan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts