Official Release of News Channels

S

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
Official Release of New Channels

Source


VOOM'S Leadership Position In HD Content Widens With the Addition of HBO and Cinemax
Thursday February 26, 12:06 pm ET
VOOM Lineup Now Includes over 30 HD Channels and More than 70 SD Channels
Eight Turner Networks Added Including CNN, TNT, TBS, CNNfn and Boomerang


JERICHO, N.Y., Feb. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Rainbow DBS, Cablevision Systems Corporation's satellite division, today announced that VOOM's channel lineup now includes four HBO and Cinemax channels in high-definition (HD) as well as 14 additional HBO and Cinemax channels in standard definition (SD). VOOM also announced that it is further enhancing its SD lineup with the launch of CNN, TNT and TBS Superstation, in addition to five other Turner networks CNNfn, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN Headline News and Turner Classic Movies (TCM).
"HBO and Cinemax are some of the most watched movie channels on TV today and we're excited to be able to extend them to our customers in both HD and SD. This brings the VOOM HD offering to more than 30 channels, far more HD programming than any other cable or satellite provider," said Bill Casamo, executive vice president, marketing and sales for Rainbow DBS. "We are also proud to add Turner Networks to our SD lineup with its world-renowned news channel CNN and 7 other popular channels. Now, we can offer our customers a more complete package of over 100 channels in both HD and SD programming that showcases the best in movies, sports, music and news."

The latest addition of HBO and Cinemax enhances an already vibrant lineup of HD programming that includes Discovery HD Theater, Showtime and Starz! VOOM also features more than 20 exclusive VOOM HD channels created by Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, as well as a package of cable channels in SD such as the Disney Channel, A&E, FX, AMC, and IFC.

VOOM's new HBO and Cinemax program offerings include the following:

* HBO East HD * Cinemax East HD
* HBO West HD * Cinemax West HD
* HBO East * Cinemax East
* HBO West * Cinemax West
* HBO 2 East * More Max East
* HBO 2 West * More Max West
* HBO Signature * Action Max
* HBO Comedy * Thriller Max
* HBO Family * @Max

VOOM's new Turner program offerings include the following:

* CNN * TCM
* Headline News * TNT
* CNNfn * Cartoon Network
* TBS * Boomerang


Home Box Office

HBO was the first to launch a high definition pay channel and more than 75% of the HBO HD schedule is in true HD, including original programming such as "The Sopranos," "Carnivale," and "Six Feet Under" as well as all HBO Films and over 80% of the theatrical motions picture. Home Box Office is America's most successful premium television network, whether measured by subscribers, profitability, viewers, awards or critical acclaim. Offering theatrical blockbusters, HBO Films presentations, innovative original series, provocative documentaries, concert events and championship boxing, HBO is the most-watched pay service during the day and in prime time.

Cinemax, featuring more than 1,200 movie titles a year and award-winning documentaries, is the second-most-watched pay service. Cinemax HD has been launched with approximately 70% of its daily schedule of first-run films, classic movies and original documentaries in true high definition 1080i format. The remaining 30% of programming will be up-converted to the 1080i format, providing subscribers with HD sets enhanced picture quality compared with standard-definition digital television.

Turner Network Sales

Turner Network Sales (TNS), a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS, Inc.), is responsible for the sales and marketing of Turner Broadcasting's 11 domestic basic cable networks -- TBS Superstation, CNN, CNN Headline News, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, CNNfn, CNN International, CNN en Espanol, Turner South and Boomerang -- to cable and satellite affiliates and special markets throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
 

Similar threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top