Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There's a slate channel in LA on channel 8 but it doesn't give specifics just that we could lose some channels, not when. But I assume that would be same as all the others

Not sure why they would discuss when a Boston station will be dropped using PST but OK.

BTW it would be for all CBS O&Os so WBZ and WSBK in Boston, WCBS in NY etc. But O&Os only so those watching on an affiliate would be unaffected.

You might actually see WSBK as a superstation (if you sub).

Yes Ironically those of us with Superstations likely will not lose WSBK.

I see that CBS in Chicago now says "Digital Service" and no programming guide on my OTA channel. The programming is correct on the satellite channel, but nothing on the OTA channel.

I see that CBS in Chicago now says "Digital Service" and no programming guide on my OTA channel. The programming is correct on the satellite channel, but nothing on the OTA channel.
Yup...same here on KPIX in the SF bay area. It might be time to setup some manual timers

It looks like it is only CBS OTA channels Attention Customers! There is no mention of other CBS channels like CBS Sports Network or Showtime.

By now you may have noticed that Pop (dish 117) and CBS Sports Network (dish 158) have also been taken down which takes away your alternate means of catching some CBS network shows on each. Sometime in the next few hours Bravo will replace Pop and BEin Sport will replace CBS Sport until the eyeball and dish make nice.

Legacy Superstation package subscribers also have found that WSBK Boston (dish 236) has been replaced with the retrans blackout loop all the CBS/CW channels owned by the eyeball are showing now (KSTW/11 in Western WA is another one of them). Also gone: Smithsonian Channel (dish 367), which will relay Lifetime Movie shortly. The Showtime Suite seems safe for now.

By now you may have noticed that Pop (dish 117) and CBS Sports Network (dish 158) have also been taken down which takes away your alternate means of catching some CBS network shows on each. Sometime in the next few hours Bravo will replace Pop and BEin Sport will replace CBS Sport until the eyeball and dish make nice.

Legacy Superstation package subscribers also have found that WSBK Boston (dish 236) has been replaced with the retrans blackout loop all the CBS/CW channels owned by the eyeball are showing now (KSTW/11 in Western WA is another one of them). Also gone: Smithsonian Channel (dish 367), which will relay Lifetime Movie shortly. The Showtime Suite seems safe for now.

Yeah, I am very surprised. There was no mention of the other channels being dropped on the keep cbs on dish website earlier in the week.

Now learning how a antenna may help me receive local programming on my local CBS stations must admit this programming is more interesting then what's on cbs most of the time

During tonights news broadcast KTVT brought up a screen to call #### or we may lose CBS programming. Must be that time again. I'd like to call and tell them to take KTVT down I get KXII ch 12 Sherman and KTVT OTA so they don't affect me.

I grew up with 2 local channels, CBS & NBC and both of them were horrible, especially on the weekends. I never cared for sports, except baseball, and all that was on each weekend was golf or football. No movies at all, and both went off the air at midnight. There was no cable then and the OTA wasn't very reliable. The internet wasn't thought of then, so there was no such thing as cell phones, computers or other gadgets.

We were the first to have a TV in the neighborhood, and later, the first color TV. I did have a HAM radio, it kept me occupied most weekends, when I wasn't on the river bank. I listened to WOWO radio out of Fort Wayne, Indiana nearly every night after going to bed. Ah, those were the good ole days. :)

Reactions: Albiondon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)