Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Smithsonian Channel also gone

Just noticed today also. Really don't care it's been repeats forever with very little new material. Been thinking of dropping back down to 120 the only reason I had 250 pkg. was this channel and AHC but the 4.5-5 minute commercials on AHC is getting old too.

Maybe we'll get Pop in HD after they kiss and make up *sarcasm* :clapping

Does anyone actually watch that channel?

Some wrestling fans maybe. PoP carries a wrestling circuit. Not sure what else is on their schedule that is not also on elsewhere. PoP does not have a large following by any means.

Fortunately, my local CBS station (KREM-Spokane) does not seem to be affected. But, as a fan of college football and basketball, I will certainly miss having access to CBSSN. Can't get that OTA.

Take advantage of the free 30 day trial of Hulu, if you can't get OTA. Don't do the free trial of the greedy CBS streaming. Greedy CBS was already blocking cable and satellite from some new programming, the new Star Trek for example (available on Hulu).

Reactions: DWS44
Don't do the free trial of the greedy CBS streaming. Greedy CBS was already blocking cable and satellite from some new programming, the new Star Trek for example (available on Hulu).

Not to mention the streaming picture quality on the CBS All Access app is pretty crap, IMO, and no 5.1 audio either. :rolleyes:

Reactions: reddice and ncted
Take advantage of the free 30 day trial of Hulu, if you can't get OTA. Don't do the free trial of the greedy CBS streaming. Greedy CBS was already blocking cable and satellite from some new programming, the new Star Trek for example (available on Hulu).

Is Discovery available on Hulu? i thought it was not.

Well they have removed WSBK. Not sure if DISH or CBS is responsible but DISH not need consent to broadcast a superstation.

Reactions: dishrich
I'm never wrong..... er... uh..... never mind.
Though.... do I remember correctly we lost a superstation last time there was a dispute but it was put back?
Tribune dispute. It was three superstations (KTLA, KWGN, WPIX) and they did come back before the dispute ended, but not until they had been gone for about a month.

Reactions: Tampa8
So what's the consensus on guide data for those who get their local CBS via OTA as well as satellite ? Did Dish pull that guide data too or did they do a special re-mapping ? My local CBS is not corporate-owned so I'm unaffected, but was just curious.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So what's the consensus on guide data for those who get their local CBS via OTA as well as satellite ? Did Dish pull that guide data too or did they do a special re-mapping ? My local CBS is not corporate-owned so I'm unaffected, but was just curious.

Detroit area here-as of this morning I was seeing guide data on OTA

Reactions: pattykay

The new Star Trek is not on Hulu and the only way to get new CBS programming is with Hulu Live not regular Hulu.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncted and pattykay
The crappy side is those just outside the OTA reach. I'm on record for numerous times saying that I'm against retrans agreements. I've been debated on numerous points from others too. If the CBS network went Cable/Satellite only, then I would agree. But not on these grounds.

Reactions: bspei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts