Official - Texas A&M to SEC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well we knew it was coming, it was obvious. Ill be honest though, and no disrespect to A&M or our resident Aggie fan, I was sure hoping this wouldnt happen. I like the 12 team SEC. It worked. It had success. It paid dividends, and I see NO reason at this point to change that.

A&M is a good add for any conference, it is just at this point, I dont want to do it.

Let me also say though that I DO understand why the Aggies wanted out. I can respect them saying enough is enough.

so who will be the 14th school to join the SEC and when?
I think it'll be Missouri, of course that means someone will have to switch from the west to the east, most likely Auburn

I think it'll be Missouri, of course that means someone will have to switch from the west to the east, most likely Auburn

Which is another reason I do not like it. We (bama) will keep Auburn as our permanent cross division rival, but will lose Tennessee and the Third Sat. In Oct rivalry game. Unacceptable IMO.

Which is another reason I do not like it. We (bama) will keep Auburn as our permanent cross division rival, but will lose Tennessee and the Third Sat. In Oct rivalry game. Unacceptable IMO.
If that's what happens (I think it's the likely scenario), I wonder who Georgia will pick up as the perm. cross divisional rival.

Tennessee gets A&M and Georgia gets Missouri, or vie versa?

If that's what happens (I think it's the likely scenario), I wonder who Georgia will pick up as the perm. cross divisional rival.

Tennessee gets A&M and Georgia gets Missouri, or vie versa?

Damn, I didnt even think of that one fading away. Two of the longest rivalries in the SEC, gone. This is why I hate this situation.

I don't know. I am hearing the Curators want to go but Deaton wants to stay and I think Deaton has more power in what happens at Mizzou.

deaton wants to go to sec or big ten but if texas dont give in on their revenue like the longhorn network imo missouri and big 12 is done.pac-12 wants texas but texas doesnt want to give up the revenue evenly like the pac-12 shares revenue evenly and texas doesnt want to give that up.imo big 12 is done :)
SEC could try to work MU into mix
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_683ae113-4a5c-59b3-9ffd-3b0a63b3f453.html
Changing SEC academic profile could help make match with Mizzou
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_cdf0c64c-e7f0-11e0-bbd0-0019bb30f31a.html
Focus is on Mizzou as SEC makes A&M official
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_9f0a87cf-e7f5-5ca9-93dd-1b8294a33b3d.html

Last edited:
I'm a Longhorn fan, but I don't agree with them getting their own network and I totally understand why A&M is doing this. This has caused a longtime rivalry to break apart and it sounds like it's gonna cause another one to break apart too.

I may just turn into an Aggies fan at this point.

I am not so sure that the SEC goes after MU. They have been very careful to not be seen as the aggressor in this, and have also been careful to make sure that they are legally protected.
IMO, the only reason that they went ahead and made A&M official is it "appeared" that the Big 12 was stable for the time being. With that being the case, Baylor (or any other member) is less likely to sue, as it was all about stability and being in a relevant conference for them. As long as that stays the case, the SEC is insulated.

Now if they go after Missouri, all of that is out the window once again and they are in the crosshairs for not only A&M but Missouri as well.

Of course there could be something that we cant see going on, but that is just my thoughts on it.

Damn, I didnt even think of that one fading away. Two of the longest rivalries in the SEC, gone. This is why I hate this situation.
Georgia won't lose Auburn, as Auburn would be joining the East. so that one would be safe. The only cross divisional that would be killed is Alabama-Tennessee. So only Georgia & Tennessee will need new partners, so they get A&M and Missouri (I'm sure both would prefer A&M so that can recruit better in Texas).

I am not so sure that the SEC goes after MU. They have been very careful to not be seen as the aggressor in this, and have also been careful to make sure that they are legally protected.
IMO, the only reason that they went ahead and made A&M official is it "appeared" that the Big 12 was stable for the time being.
'Appeared' is a very important word.

Longhorn Network pushing ahead with high school highlights… « Football Rumor Mill
Dave Brown, LHN vice president for programming and acquisitions, has made a pitch to four Texas television affiliates in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston, offering to trade two-minute, LHN-produced clips in exchange for the station’s high school football game highlights. LHN sent out a clip of Longhorns quarterback Garrett Gilbert as a leader, after he was benched. ESPN said Houston station KTRK agreed, but San Antonio’s KSAT turned down the LHN offer. “We were really insulted that (the Longhorn Network might think) we’d just roll over for them.”
There go the concessions that Texas promised. Texas is a bully. It's the only way they know how to operate, and bullies don't compromise. The only options for the other schools in the Bovine 9, sign the six year agreement and know that Texas won't work with your special LHN committee or don't sign and remain unstable.

Soooooo happy to be in the SEC!
:)

I think that this is a mater of honor for TAMU. TAMU could have accepted what UT was doing and been OK, kind of like a guy who has really earned a promotion and gets passed over and could just play the string out to retirement, but does the right thing and moves on to a new job. TAMU did the right thing and things will work out well for it.

And the LN is foundering before our very eyes, or better put, not before. Not on many systems, not on DBS, and presenting a few hours of programming of actual value in an entire year.

And, in five or ten years, every college in Division One with have a similar effort via the internet.

I didn't even know there were permanent cross division rivals. Does Kentucky have one?

I'd like to see something like this in the new SEC, assuming Missouri ever comes
9 game conference schedule (current permanent opponent in bold, new in red

SEC West teams-permanent east opponents

Alabama-Tennessee/Auburn
Arkansas-Tennessee/South Carolina
LSwho-Florida/Auburn
Missouri-Georgia/Vandy
Ole Miss-Vandy/Georgia
Miss St- Kentucky/South Carolina
Texas A&M-Kentucky/Florida

SEC East teams-permanent west opponents

Auburn-Alabama/LSwho
Florida-LSwho/Texas A&M
Georgia-Missouri/Ole Miss
Kentucky-Miss St/ Texas A&M
South Carolina-Arkansas/Miss St
Tennessee-Alabama/Arkansas
Vandy- Ole Miss/Missouri

this would keep the W vs E format intact with many of the 1992-2002 W vs E games being restored with obviously Mizzou, A&M and Auburn having to see some changes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts