Official - Texas A&M to SEC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm pretty sure when this all shakes out, Missouri will be added as the 14th team.

Then to facilitate the long standing rivals thing the SEC will go to a 9 game Conference Schedule 6-2-1 Model.

Slive has his eye on the long term prize.

Creation of an SEC Network for third tier media rights. Adding Texas A&M and Missouri will enable the SEC to Charge Cable/Sat operators a higher price within the SEC footprint. 11 States in all.

Texas and Missouri are both populous states with large media markets.

That's also why the SEC wasn't ever going to expand into a State they already have teams residing in.

Missouri applied for membership last week to the sec but we will see if they are the 14th member and i hope so.big 12 is old and done.big 12 is the teaxs 12 and revenue should be shared equally like the pac-12 does imo :)

The rumor that has no proof, but wont die. lol;)
Missouri did informally apply to the sec last week.but sec is hesitant right now with baylor and maybe other suing them schools for leaving the big 12.they should have the right to leave big 12(texas) conference if they want :)

Then to facilitate the long standing rivals thing the SEC will go to a 9 game Conference Schedule 6-2-1 Model.
They won't go to a 6-2-1 model. The SEC started with a 5-2-1 model but everyone hated it, so they reduced perm. OOD opponents from 2 to 1 and going to a 5-1-2 model. With 14 teams, they'll just change it to a 6-1-2 model, adding a 9th conf. game to faciliatate everyone having a new division mate.
Likely all the current opponents will remain the same with Alabama & Auburn being pared and Georgia & Tennessee being pared with either Texas A&M or Missouri.

Missouri didn't apply for membership, they've inquired of the possibilities. There is a large exit fee, they are worried about. No matter what anyone says, the exit fee will affect them financially for a couple of years as their donors will have to cover a lot expenses. Also with Deaton being Chairman of the Big 12 board of directors this year, Missouri bears a lot of legal liability in terms of how they might be negotiating. Deaton can't be telling the conference AD's one thing and then going and negotiating something else for Missouri's benefit because that will get them sued.

They won't go to a 6-2-1 model. The SEC started with a 5-2-1 model but everyone hated it, so they reduced perm. OOD opponents from 2 to 1 and going to a 5-1-2 model. With 14 teams, they'll just change it to a 6-1-2 model, adding a 9th conf. game to faciliatate everyone having a new division mate.
Likely all the current opponents will remain the same with Alabama & Auburn being pared and Georgia & Tennessee being pared with either Texas A&M or Missouri.

We'll see how it plays out. I remember the outcry on the 5-2-1 model. Still think even with that outcry they will go to the 6-2-1 model. Supposedly this is the Model favored by Slive currently.

I'm not advocating for either. If it were me there would be 10 Conference Games. 5 Home 5 Away, won't happen though unless other BCS Conferences do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)