This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ohio News Network

i asked several times about that mysef;, it would be nice for those who don't have time warner, and would love getting more ohio news. and they also show ohio high school football and playoffs.

i asked several times about that mysef;, it would be nice for those who don't have time warner, and would love getting more ohio news. and they also show ohio high school football and playoffs.

And they have the contract through the 2011 season to air Columbus Crew matches. (Their PQ is seriously lacking, though)

if ONN would offer to pay dish or direct to have it carried, they one or both would decide to carry it.

It's one of the Dispatch companies channels. Judging how long it took WSYX to give Dish permission to retransmit the HD picture that they were uplinking for months I wouldn't hold my breath.

They have been trying to hold up the Cable companies and Sat companies on ONN for as long as it's been on. They keep trying to make more money (or ask for it) than it's really worth for such a small region.

Don't expect E* or D* to have ONN any time soon.. ONN put up a big stink when Time Warner refused to add it many years ago and add it to the analog line up, Wolfe family actually pulled WBNS off Time Warner for a bit due to the refusal to give into their demands, anyways Time Warner added it but only add it to the digital tier (back then digital wasn't as popular as it is now)... Dispatch Group (Wolfe family) wasn't pleased with that but gave in at that point.

I suspect we'd see it added to E* or D* if Dispatch was willing to caugh up the money for space for it (like the shopping channels do).

The ONN high school game coverage is a step BELOW that of a good cable access center. Camera work is shotty and PQ is horrendous!

BTW Sports Time Ohio, not ONN owns the OHSAA Football and Basketball state semis and finals this year with an option on the regional tournaments.

One thing with the move to ATSC television (HD TV) I am suprised Dispatch didn't consider putting ONN on an sub channel of WBNS-DT. (currently they have a weather channel from accuweather on 10.2).

I would think they could also work with their partner stations in Cinci and Cleveland and get on sub channels there too... would hellp with their numbers... Guess they are ok with being a SD Cable channel (in most areas that are served by time warner up in the digital tier).

Broadcasting OTA doesn't get them the per subscriber fee. Though they are a commercial channel, I wouldn't call them "advertiser supported". If they were on broadcast TV the OHSAA fees would be higher for coverage of high school games too since they would have to pay per market instead of one fee for their entire network.

The ONN high school game coverage is a step BELOW that of a good cable access center. Camera work is shotty and PQ is horrendous!
I agree to a point. The actual feed is usually better then somehow when they tape delay the game it looks like they recorded it onto a 6 hour VHS tape

Yea last time I saw them when I had cable they had a few commericals they also had started to run informericals too...

The news they air is also repeated multiple times. They don't do as much live news as they did when they first launched the network.

during the day they rebroadcast a few different newscasts (must be the noon news or something of the nature)

during the day they rebroadcast a few different newscasts (must be the noon news or something of the nature)

yea they rebroadcast the WBNS Noon news at 1pm EST, I think the Cleveland news at 1:30pm and the local Cinci stations news at 2pm. (the stations local news they rebroadcast are their "partner" stations in those locations...

They repeat the WBNS news at 2:30, the Cleveland stations news at 3:00 and then Cinci at 3:30.

At one point the local news casts where not repeated on the ONN feed (you only saw the WBNS repeat in Columbus on cable etc.)..but I think now they repeat them state wide (and on the satellite uplink).