Who will win?

• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is not the main profit maker for the majority of schools but it does make a ton of money for some.

Outside of Boosters.
Football does make the majority of the money.

Remember, were talking only the 117 Division 1 schools.
The majority of those 117 get the most money from football, with the exception to the BB teams, but football makes more than BB still, due to the larger attendances, BB will never get 100,000 paying customers at one game, or even in a week of games

Jimbo

Outside of Boosters.

The majority of those 117 get the most money from football, with the exception to the BB teams, but football makes more than BB still, due to the larger attendances, BB will never get 100,000 paying customers at one game, or even in a week of games

Jimbo

There are very few Division 1 schools that have the capacity of 100,00. I can only name a handful of teams that even have stadium that fit that many fans.

Are you also aware there is more than 117 Division 1 schools. I think there are 326 actual Division 1 schools. Now if you are only talking about football their are 117 Division 1A schools. Youngstown St is considered a Division 1 school (Division 1AA for football). You also need to remember there are many schools that are Division 1 that do not even have football programs (ST. John and Gonzaga as examples).

Now if you meant that Division 1A football programs make the most money for their schools I may give you that one (except possibly for Duke).

There are very few Division 1 schools that have the capacity of 100,00. I can only name a handful of teams that even have stadium that fit that many fans.

Are you also aware there is more than 117 Division 1 schools. I think there are 326 actual Division 1 schools. Now if you are only talking about football their are 117 Division 1A schools. Youngstown St is considered a Division 1 school (Division 1AA for football). You also need to remember there are many schools that are Division 1 that do not even have football programs (ST. John and Gonzaga as examples).

Now if you meant that Division 1A football programs make the most money for their schools I may give you that one (except possibly for Duke).

I was refering to Football , the 117 division 1 football schools when I made that statement.

Outside of Boosters.

Jimbo

Wrong, the university of Pittsburgh makes a hell of alot more money from BB than football.

And I'm sure there are other teams like that.

I was refering to Football , the 117 division 1 football schools when I made that statement.

Sorry to say that 117 Division 1 football teams still is not a proper statement. There are 117 division 1A football teams. Division 1AA is still Division 1.

I still don't think your statement about all this money from Football going to the schools is accurate . You do know that there are only a couple schools that has a fully self funded Athletic department. Most of the athletic departments still require most of their funding to come from other areas.

Sorry to say that 117 Division 1 football teams still is not a proper statement. There are 117 division 1A football teams. Division 1AA is still Division 1.

I still don't think your statement about all this money from Football going to the schools is accurate . You do know that there are only a couple schools that has a fully self funded Athletic department. Most of the athletic departments still require most of their funding to come from other areas.

OK, you win...

Jag, surely you know that a lot of schools (the ones with successful football teams), football profits fund the smaller sports programs at their schools.
Cyboko, we've seen you're football team, easy to understand why BB makes more money.;)

Jag, surely you know that a lot of schools (the ones with successful football teams), football profits fund the smaller sports programs at their schools.
Cyboko, we've seen you're football team, easy to understand why BB makes more money.;)

That is what I said in my post. I stated that their are a few athletic programs that are self funded.

Isn't this the Ohio State vs. Flordia thread ?
Do we really need a "How college makes money to support thier sports " thread ???

Jimbo

No it has changed into a NCAA Playoff, National Championship, how football teams financially support their schools thread.

The problem with having over 30 days between the end of the season and the championship game is that the hype begins to die down. Everybody was so gung ho over the game and now it is just sit and wait.

The problem with having over 30 days between the end of the season and the championship game is that the hype begins to die down. Everybody was so gung ho over the game and now it is just sit and wait.

It will pick back up after the 1st of the year !

well, you buckeye fans will like this. highly coveted defensive back james scott from daytona beach seabreeze high school, chose ohio state over florida. scott, who has been ranked as high as the number 8 db in the nation, said he felt ohio state was where he belonged.

of course, this decision will alineate many gator fans who were hoping scott would select florida. his older brother kenny plays for georgia tech!!

well, you buckeye fans will like this. highly coveted defensive back james scott from daytona beach seabreeze high school, chose ohio state over florida. scott, who has been ranked as high as the number 8 db in the nation, said he felt ohio state was where he belonged.

of course, this decision will alineate many gator fans who were hoping scott would select florida. his older brother kenny plays for georgia tech!!

This is good news for us Buckeye fans, but not unprecidented, Tressel has found some very good players that he has lead out of Flordia.
Chris Gamble was one I remember off the top of my head..

At a quick glance I see 4-5 and they are all young, and I don't think any of them are starters yet.

Jimbo

Back on Topic

osu20toiletrd4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad ALI poll from ESPN

NCAA players going into the draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)