OK gang I'm moving to Direct!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
:D Just now placed my order with ValueElectronics - Wendy was my sales person.

I ordered the HD Tivo, a SD Tivo (for the master bedroom) and 2 SD receivers (guest room & office). Got the 5x8 multiswitch, and a free T-Shirt!! I almost forgot the 10% discount for being a member here.

Should be getting my equipment in the next few days and will let everyone know how it goes.

See yah Charlie ... I'm done with your crappy DVR's and the lack of HD content.

Welcome Aboard the D* train. You got a nice setup! The PVR501 was the reason I left Dish too. Once I saw UltimateTV I was like I am outta here. Now I am on with the TiVo crew but only until the next best thing comes along, which I am sure D* will have and no one else will. Unless the use the one from the UK

Just a word of caution, D* may get as bad as Voom for PQ in the next few months. NOT! Once football season is over I would imagine we will see some really solid HD added to the lineup.

I imagine a lot of folks will be moving to D* for the HD lineup starting in about June of next year when they are the leader. I say that just given the fact that something like 52% of all US homes now have an HDTV.

the multi switch is what provides the feeds to the seperate tuners.

in the case of the 5x8 it will take 5 signal feeds and provide it to 8 outputs (or tuners)

For me, I have four STB's but the Tivos have 2 tuners each, so I actually have 6 tuners.

Welcome to the land of not rebooting your STB every few days.

On the 5x8 switch, the phase III dish has four outputs on it that you connect to the multiswitch. The 5th input is for an OTA connection which it will diplex onto the coax. You then can get another diplexer to connect on the other end to provide an OTA signal to any other STB, such as the HR10-250, that needs an OTA conenction, saving another coax run.

I also got my original setup from VE and Wendy. Except for their HR10-250 early order mess they've been good to me.

Enjoy your new Tivo's, you'll like them.

Welcome!

I too switched from Dish to Directv two months ago and used valueelectronics.

You will be very happy. You're in good hands (Wendy is the owner's wife)

rad when I first read your comment, I was scratching my head thinking i have never rebooted my stb since i left dish network what is he talking about, then I took my time and saw the not, kinda had me up in arms!

Welcome to the good side of satellite television!! You made the smart move like the rest of us converts from E* have.

I absolutely love the fact that I've never had to reboot a box, not even my HD box. The service is excellent!!

I have just also made the switch from e*!!! I placed an order with valueelectronics for 2 DVR80's. I was a big E* supporter for a while, but enough is enough, time to face reality. :)

All the companies have something to offer, you should just pick who has what you want. D* is for me without a doubt, I'd die without the ticket.

Good side huh, Nuetron? Does that me it is okay to refer to V* * E* as the dark side of the force? :)

Welcome to the home of the REAL DVR!!! Its not just a digital VCR anymore, you can actully use it! good choice on purchasing the BEST HD DVR on the market.

I said bye to E* about 11 months ago, now I wonder why I waited so long. And no, this wasn't a quick decision - I had been an E* subscriber since 1996.

I sold my old (upgraded disk) Dishplayer 7200 for enough to buy two SD DirecTivos (Hughest HDVR2s) and a vanilla receiver wish cash left over. I also upped the disk capacity with a larger hard drive and there's still room for another hard drive.

I did mods to both DirecTivos (with info from these forums) to add network support and a web interface (caution: unix/linux knowledge needed) and one of the boxes I even have a secure web interface so I can connect from work add programs, search by keyword, etc. just as if I were at home.

Even with the hacks for the web interface the boxes are very, very stable.

Be sure to check out http://tivocommunity.com/ for all sorts of good Tivo info!

slacker9876 said:
I imagine a lot of folks will be moving to D* for the HD lineup starting in about June of next year when they are the leader. I say that just given the fact that something like 52% of all US homes now have an HDTV.

Dude, you must be smoking crack...please provide us where you got wacked information like that???

52%????????

Update!!!

Just spoke to Robert @ VE.

needed to get the tracking number of my shipment.

Since that damn HDTivo cost so much I am of course concerned that it goes to the right place and gets there without a hitch.

Robert not only gave me what I needed, but offered to track it for me, gave me its current location, told me when it would be on my door step, AND offered to contact the installer for me!

DAMN!

Great Service over there.

a lot of other e-taliers should take notes on this company's Customer Service.

anyway, should have my stuff by the 28th and will let you all know how it goes:cool: .

wase4711 said:
Dude, you must be smoking crack...please provide us where you got wacked information like that??? 52%????????

bsic said:
52% of all households--- NOT. not even close sir.

Must have been smoking crack :) it is like 15% ... whoopsie! Seriously I thought I read that somewhere (like the FCC's site) but it must have been a projection. That statement is true for my neighborhood, but not for my office. I should have seen the lunacy in what I was saying before I posted it.

Just ordered thru valueelec also, awesome cust service so far and super fast getting out the door. Now, I just gotta wait..... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)