OK gang I'm moving to Direct!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After 6 months of "Very bad things" with first E* then V* and finally Charter HD, I made a phone call to D*.
Next Saturday the Installer will be here to install 1 HD receiver, 2 SD receivers, tivo, NFL ticket,
Plus they gave me the tivo and the service free, 6 monthes of free HD package, all the channels they provide, a free dvd player, a $50 rebate for the free tivo, did I mention NFL ticket, all this for $72 a month.

chewy said:
After 6 months of "Very bad things" with first E* then V* and finally Charter HD, I made a phone call to D*.
Next Saturday the Installer will be here to install 1 HD receiver, 2 SD receivers, tivo, NFL ticket,
Plus they gave me the tivo and the service free, 6 monthes of free HD package, all the channels they provide, a free dvd player, a $50 rebate for the free tivo, did I mention NFL ticket, all this for $72 a month.

Chewy,

I would love to know who you called for that deal and a few more details about it. I am currently with E* and will finish a year commitment with them the first part of November (due to a dishmove I did last year) and I am seriously looking to change. I have been with E* since the first year and I have watched their PQ decline almost every year. Not to mention Charlie's lack of compelling programming in HD. I would love to have the same deal as you minus the NFL Season Ticket. I am curious if the free TIVO is HD or not and which HD receiver you are getting with your order. Thanks!

ty2083

His name was James (CSR), I called and inquired about D* twice in one day. But didn't order, just to find out what they were offering. The very next day they called me back with this deal. The Tiva is seperate from the HD receiver but it will record HD. The only bummer about the whole thing was no one could tell me which receiver I would be getting, not even the installers, because they were getting a new shipment of them. As for cost, $313.95 for HD receiver and installation. Programming would be 49.97 a month for the first 6 months, plus 4.99 for tivo service and 4.99 for each additional receiver. after the 6 months it wuld go up 10.99 for the HD package. Hope this helps

Chewy

How did you swing getting the Tivo that records HD free?? There isn't any way that they would give you that. The regular DTivo will not record HD. In fact, you won't even be able to tune to the HD channels with it.

You were right , after reading your post I call D* back to confirm I would be able to record HD. Seems the first CSR that sold me my system was not telling me the truth. Also the first guy said I would be getting all my locals in HD, that was a lie too. I will only get CBS with an OTA. Sorry for the first post, and thanks for giving me the heads up about the tivo.

you are mistaken that a regular tivo will record in HD/ since they( the HD and tivo ) are both receivers they cant be used in conjunction with each other on the same tv
Sorry you need the 999.00 hd tivo to do this

wase4711 said:
Dude, you must be smoking crack...please provide us where you got wacked information like that???

52%????????

I that it back!!! I was not smoking as much crack as I thought. based upon

this post it cites that 8.7M homes have HDTV equipment ... this represents about 133.5M people, figuring the 3.7 people contained in each household. That is like a 1/3 or the nation! I knew I had read something SOMEWHERE about this. Also this was in 2003!!! We're almost at year end for 2004!

slacker, you really must check your facts, or your math.

8.7M homes times 3.7 people/home is 32.19 million people.

There are almost 110 million households in the US.

Not to mention that your math also comes up to be 15 people per household..........

:)

SLACKER9876 <---- Open Mouth ... Inset foot!

Yeah that new math fails me every time! I had some douche PM in here asking me technical questions during the calculations, if not that I blame the math on not allowing alcohol in the workplace. Tis the only time I am clear headed!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)